Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See if you could opt out of wearing a mask for whatever you wanted, then it really was never a mandate.

If they believed masks made a really different then they should have enforced it and not half arsed it.

Thank f**k they’re in the bin now. 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

See if you could opt out of wearing a mask for whatever you wanted, then it really was never a mandate.

If they believed masks made a really different then they should have enforced it and not half arsed it.

Sadly, many larger employees will maintain the charade due to them remaining Government guidance.

39 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Went to Costco in Edinburgh today and I’d say mask usage probably around 60%, more than my usual trips to Asda but only a few more weeks to go.  

interesting, that's the only place i've been challenged at the door snce i stopped wearing mine at the turn of the year

41 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

That's the things about almost all of our covid restrictions, for each one there were a list of exceptions as long as your arm that effectively made them un policeable and unenforceable ; you can't leave house except for ...., you can't enter someone else's house except when... blah blah!  when it came to masks youd have to be wearing a t shirt saying " there's nothing wrong with me I'm just choosing not to wear one!" to actually get in trouble for it considering that you could  more or less self certify your exemption and businesses were specifically told do not challenge and do not refuse entry. basically, they were asking you not telling you

What else i find odd is the different attitudes from north to south of Europe, in normal times it is us, the Germans and the scandavs that tend to be the sticklers for rules & strict enforcement of them, whereas the Mediterranean countries are more like ..rules? what rules? But when it came to covid it was them that went a bit OTT with masks and lockdowns

Finally, we must stop and never again try this complete intelligence insulting pish that is "wearing a cloth or disposable mask protects others by way of reducing transmission" f**k, ok, IF you are fully symptomatic, choked up, coughing , spluttering and sneezing big covidy snotters all over the place, then maybe yes a mask might reduce transmission, reduce it from a ridiculously high level in the first place and even in the absence of mandatory isolation, you'd need to be quite irresponsible to be getting at close quarters with others in that state.  they absolutely do not stop microscopic particles from asymptomatic persons, if they did, places which implemented them would see a difference in rates, which they did not. only a fitted filtered mask will work and it will only protect the wearer

all other masks were purely psychological, a visual reminder to stop people getting comfortable and forgetting there's a pandemic on

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

interesting, that's the only place i've been challenged at the door snce i stopped wearing mine at the turn of the year

thats the things about almost all of our covid restrictions, for each one there were a list of exceptions as long as your arm that effectively made them un policeable and unerforcable ; you can't leave house except for ...., you can't enter someone else's house except when... blah blah!  when it came to masks youd have to be wearing a t shirt saying " there's nothing wrong with me I'm just choosing not to wear one!" to actually get in trouble for it considering that you could be more or less self certify your exemption and businesses were specifically told do not challenge and do not refuse entry. basically, they were asking you not telling you

What else i find odd is the different attitudes from north to south of Europe, in normal times it is us, the Germans and the scandavs that tend to be the sticklers for rules & strict enforcement of them, whereas the Mediterranean countries are more like ..rules? what rules? But when it came to covid it was them that went a bit OTT with masks and lockdowns

All the staff were masked up but not one bit of hassle to be fair. 

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

thats the things about almost all of our covid restrictions, for each one there were a list of exceptions as long as your arm that effectively made them un policeable and unerforcable ; you can't leave house except for ...., you can't enter someone else's house except when... blah blah!  when it came to masks youd have to be wearing a t shirt saying " there's nothing wrong with me I'm just choosing not to wear one!" to actually get in trouble for it considering that you could be more or less self certify your exemption and businesses were specifically told do not challenge and do not refuse entry. basically, they were asking you not telling you

Absolutely correct.

In the Canaries just now and the enforcement is draconian. All the staff have been trained to act like the stazi.

They certainly don’t recognise my NHS exemption certificate.

Weird!!

Down at friends in England this weekend. Went for dinner and drinks and there wasn't a mask in sight.

I've honestly not bothered too much about having to wear one - it's a bit of a pain but far from the worst "protection" we've had enforced on us. However, being out tonight and having not one person bothering their arse was brilliant to see. Regardless of whether they work or not, masks for me are a constant reminder of the pandemic and the misery it's inflicted on everyone over the past couple of years. Seeing them binned might seem a fairly minor thing but does make me think this pish is finally over.

So, when are the Russians nuking us....?

12 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

In the Canaries just now and the enforcement is draconian. All the staff have been trained to act like the stazi.

They certainly don’t recognise my NHS exemption certificate.

Weird!!

They don't have the NHS over there. 

19 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

In England at a service station, literally not a single person (staff aside) wearing a mask. Glorious.

Yeah, I was at work yesterday and some people were wearing masks, while others weren't.

It was absolutely, stupendously er... ok.

The emotional investment you Dafties make in the matter is ludicrous.

6 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Down at friends in England this weekend. Went for dinner and drinks and there wasn't a mask in sight.

I've honestly not bothered too much about having to wear one - it's a bit of a pain but far from the worst "protection" we've had enforced on us. However, being out tonight and having not one person bothering their arse was brilliant to see. Regardless of whether they work or not, masks for me are a constant reminder of the pandemic and the misery it's inflicted on everyone over the past couple of years. Seeing them binned might seem a fairly minor thing but does make me think this pish is finally over.

So, when are the Russians nuking us....?

Pretty much agree with every bit of this, I think monkey is being a bit of a knobb sometimes but it seems now that todd and oaky have turned there frustrations towards others who are not getting over the pandemic as fast as they are. But unfortunately that was always going to happen, history told us that many people remained cautious and frightened after the 1918 pandemic had subsided. it's just the way people are. And now you've also got politics involved too