Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This woman wants theatres to run at reduced capacity and enforce mask-only audiences to "make people feel a bit safer" even though she accepts the theatre would make a loss in doing so.

Liz Carr calls for theatres to host facemask-only performances - BBC News

There's been a few stoaters out today. NHS bosses getting absolutely roasted for good reason.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I take it China are planning closing their borders forever then? As that’s the only way to achieve zero Covid.

Well err, until the mask slips...

Though undoubtedly, they won't have a problem with the extra control this has given them a blank cheque for. An XXL North Korea, if you will.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She just asking for the odd performance like that, similar to what my local theatre does for others, I don't think it's an outrageous thing to ask for.

Did we pander to hypochondriacs with pointless suggestions before the pandemic? The folk advocating it can foot the excess in any case.

On the drinking on trains thing, I got serious grief from a conductor on Saturday. The train was about 10-20% full and I was at a table myself. He came round to look at tickets and said to me 'you know the policy is no alchol on Scotrail trains?' and I replied 'I kbow, I know' in a sort of mea culpa tone.

A little later he walked by again and I had a different brand of beer on the table. In a fairly agressive, agitated teacher to pain in the arse school pupil he said 'that's a different beer! What have I told you about this! Get that poured down the toilet or I'll inform the transport police and you'll be off at Perth!'

I wanted to tell him to go f**k himself but knew that would be counter productive so just hid my remaining beers at my feet and checked the aisle forward and back before taking swigs. Was fairly surprised the conductor seemed bothered given I was on my own on a quiet train and clearly causing no bother

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

On the drinking on trains thing, I got serious grief from a conductor on Saturday. The train was about 10-20% full and I was at a table myself. He came round to look at tickets and said to me 'you know the policy is no alchol on Scotrail trains?' and I replied 'I kbow, I know' in a sort of mea culpa tone.

A little later he walked by again and I had a different brand of beer on the table. In a fairly agressive, agitated teacher to pain in the arse school pupil he said 'that's a different beer! What have I told you about this! Get that poured down the toilet or I'll inform the transport police and you'll be off at Perth!'

I wanted to tell him to go f**k himself but knew that would be counter productive so just hid my remaining beers at my feet and checked the aisle forward and back before taking swigs. Was faitly surprised the conductor seemed bothered given I was on my own on a quiet train and clearly causinf no bother

You’re an easy target.

It’s from the same place as police/stewards going in heavy-handed when someone in a sub-100 away crowd gets out their seat for 10 seconds, but keep their distance while Celtic and Sevco fans stand for 90 minutes belting out their songbooks. 

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I wanted to tell him to go f**k himself but knew that would be counter productive so just hid my remaining beers at my feet and checked the aisle forward and back before taking swigs. Was faitly surprised the conductor seemed bothered given I was on my own on a quiet train and clearly causinf no bother

Fucksake. I've been lucky then, just keeping one can on the table, rest in my bag, and never had a problem. Maybe I shove it aside a bit when they check tickets but that's about it. It seems daft to create a fuss with people who aren't causing a problem, really hope they drop the whole thing, but not too confident. Plenty of complaints from people on late trains about rowdy folk who were drunk before they got on could sway it.

28 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Zero covider, here, tweeting about the horrific effects of the policies he has spent the last two years advocating for. 

The brassest of brass necks. Own your failure. 

He should be in jail.

31 minutes ago, The Master said:

You’re an easy target.

It’s from the same place as police/stewards going in heavy-handed when someone in a sub-100 away crowd gets out their seat for 10 seconds, but keep their distance while Celtic and Sevco fans stand for 90 minutes belting out their songbooks. 

I assumed that was the reason but was shocked he could be arsed. 

On a train I was on earlier in the day the conductor walked by me having a beer and a couple of women across the aisle drinking wine.

'They may take our lives, but they'll never take our CANS ON TRAINS!!!'

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I wanted to tell him to go f**k himself but knew that would be counter productive so just hid my remaining beers at my feet and checked the aisle forward and back before taking swigs. Was fairly surprised the conductor seemed bothered given I was on my own on a quiet train and clearly causing no bother

Should have just said you’re exempt from that policy 

8 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Mind when uncle Jason told us to test everytime we decided to leave the house?

Mad.

Had to test after getting pinged as a close contact (sitting next to someone for three hours - then found out they were positive) 

Had to test for work events too

I was also testing before I visited my 92 year old Mum....is that also mad?

17 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Had to test after getting pinged as a close contact (sitting next to someone for three hours - then found out they were positive) 

Had to test for work events too

I was also testing before I visited my 92 year old Mum....is that also mad?

Will you go out your way to buy tests once they stop being free? 

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

She's just asking for the odd performance like that, similar to what my local theatre does for others, I don't think it's an outrageous thing to ask for.

I agree.

So long as if you wish to reduce the capacity of the venue by 50% or 66% you are happy to pay 200% or 300% of the ticket price of a normal show.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There's even a name for this category of person.

They are called "the worried well".

f**k all wrong with them but they spend their lives torn apart by crippling anxiety that they are about to succumb to some awful illness and die.

What a way to live.

Sounds like a few people I know.  They're also the same people who seem to take pleasure in cases and hospitisations going up.  To put it another way, they take pleasure in others getting a virus.  

50 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Will you go out your way to buy tests once they stop being free? 

Yes, if I have been in close contact to someone who tests positive and I am due to visit my 92 year old mum I may well purchase test kits in advance of that.  Thanks for asking.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Yes, if I have been in close contact to someone who tests positive and I am due to visit my 92 year old mum I may well purchase test kits in advance of that.  Thanks for asking.

That's very different to testing every time you leave the house which was the original point made.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

That's very different to testing every time you leave the house which was the original point made.

Thank you. 

In all seriousness, you should probably buy tests regardless, because once tests are free, others aren't going to test. You arent going to know if you have been near someone who has it, or get pinged.

Sounds like a few people I know.  They're also the same people who seem to take pleasure in cases and hospitisations going up.  To put it another way, they take pleasure in others getting a virus.  
That goes for both sides of the mask waring argument unfortunately.