Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is he? By who?

His speaches have been more "We will lose loved ones on the beaches, loved ones in the sky - we will surrender to the markets..." 

I just witnessed a gushing post on linkedin about how him and the chancellor are owed a massive thank you for the bail out given on wages etc and we should all work harder than ever to repay them once this is all over :unsure2:

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The Brexit narrative seems to be getting ramped up again online with reports of Romanians having BBQs, Muslims praying in groups outside and Germany playing hardball over EU financial relief measures. 

Boris is being lauded as some kind of Churchillian leader at the moment too. 

If these accounts are true, shouldn't they be reported? Presumably you'd prefer certain things are not reported...

A lorry load of PPE was due in to Ninewells last Thursday, except a deliveries manager cancelled all but essential deliveries using recognised suppliers. As this load was being delivered by a company not on the list, it was refused and returned to the depot.

Due to be re-delivered today hopefully.

A lot of NHS problems are caused by middle management bureaucracy. 

12 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

If these accounts are true, shouldn't they be reported? Presumably you'd prefer certain things are not reported...

You presume wrong. It’s just seems to be a narrative when certain things are reported such as Kinnoch jnr driving from South Wales to London to sing happy birthday and getting admonished there are various responses of “what about the Muslims? They do what they want” 

I see the NZ reporting website went under with the volume of contacts too.

Edited by jagfox99

Just now, bennett said:

South Wales polis taking a fair bit of flak for that, a wee bit of common sense...

I know, travelling from South Wales to London to sing happy birthday seems a bit non-essential in the current climate.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

You presume wrong. It’s just seems to be a narrative when certain things are reported such as Kinnoch jnr driving from South Wales to London to sing happy birthday and getting admonished there are vary responses of “what about the Muslims? They do what they want” 

I see the NZ reporting website went under with the volume of contacts too.

Fair enough. I just want a media that reports the truth, irrespective of political interpretation or spin. Unfortunately that sometimes seems too much to ask.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

A lorry load of PPE was due in to Ninewells last Thursday, except a deliveries manager cancelled all but essential deliveries using recognised suppliers. As this load was being delivered by a company not on the list, it was refused and returned to the depot.

Due to be re-delivered today hopefully.

A lot of NHS problems are caused by middle management bureaucracy. 

If that's true then the jobsworth deliveries manager should be sacked.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

I know, travelling from South Wales to London to sing happy birthday seems a bit non-essential in the current climate.

Delivering food and supplies to his elderly parents,  the book should be thrown at them.

Just now, The Reverend said:

Fair enough. I just want a media that reports the truth, irrespective of political interpretation or spin. Unfortunately that sometimes seems too much to ask.

Yup, should be a time for clear reporting. Far too many opinion pieces and subjective reporting. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

If that's true then the jobsworth deliveries manager should be sacked.

Delivering food and supplies to his elderly parents,  the book should be thrown at them.

Why? The admonishment by South Wales police should suffice.