Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

throbber, you're just at it now.  Get some new material.

I’m not at it, I don’t think the first one was a bad film by any means but the third one is just absolutely outstanding as it features Samuel L Jackson as angry black man and Jeremy Irons does such a good job as Simon and I just love how they are charging about NYC solving puzzles.

24 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
55 minutes ago, throbber said:
Definitely the best Die Hard film. 

Maybe as good as but not better. Still hurts my head if I try to figure out the bit in the park with the water bottles

If you fill the 3 litre drum all way top the top and empty it in the 5 litre one then the 5 litre one has exactly 3 litres of water and 2 litres of empty space. You then fill the 3 litre one exactly to the top again, pour it out into the 5 litre one until you fill that to the top, then in the 3 litre drum you will have exactly 1 litre. You then empty the 5 litre drum out and fill it back with the 1 litre from the 3 litre drum and then add a full 3 litres into the 5 litre drum and you have exactly 4 litres.

if I had to figure that out all by myself in a real life situation I would probably just just thrown the bomb away and run away in the opposite direction.

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I can see this viewpoint gaining a lot of momentum if this keeps getting worse, can also see Donald Trump going further down this road. 

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Internet summed up-

Attention seeking twats thinking it's a bit of jolly....

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Children's nurse is left in tears after Aldi shoppers abused her for 'queue-jumping' with her NHS pass after 13-hour nightshift

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8174389/Nurse-subject-snide-comments-using-NHS-card-skip-queues-Aldi-cried-way-home.html

Most of them giving her stick probably have social media filled with the NHS are great type of posts.

Seeing others getting preferential treatment tends to bring out the worst in others.

Children's nurse is left in tears after Aldi shoppers abused her for 'queue-jumping' with her NHS pass after 13-hour nightshift

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8174389/Nurse-subject-snide-comments-using-NHS-card-skip-queues-Aldi-cried-way-home.html

My wife was also shouted at by a woman in Aldi. With us both being emergency services and having no childcare when im working she has the wee man and i take him to let her go to work. This means she has to take him out with her. Some auld dear took exception to this and started screaming at her. Its completely shattered the wife, although pretty much everyone around told the old arsehole to fcuk off its knocked her confidence. My wife’s been working extra hours, no extra pay, even when she should be off she’s still doing work and is up every night doing remote access and entitled p***ks think they are some kind of moral authority. Absolutely raging at the behaviour of people.

Guest Moomintroll
Most of them giving her stick probably have social media filled with the NHS are great type of posts.
Seeing others getting preferential treatment tends to bring out the worst in others.
Was looking forward to swanning to the front of the queue with my Tesco Colleague Clubcard on Sunday, ah karma you fickle bitch.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My wife was also shouted at by a woman in Aldi. With us both being emergency services and having no childcare when im working she has the wee man and i take him to let her go to work. This means she has to take him out with her. Some auld dear took exception to this and started screaming at her. Its completely shattered the wife, although pretty much everyone around told the old arsehole to fcuk off its knocked her confidence. My wife’s been working extra hours, no extra pay, even when she should be off she’s still doing work and is up every night doing remote access and entitled p***ks think they are some kind of moral authority. Absolutely raging at the behaviour of people.

Dont worry.  The old wifie will realise the error of her ways as your wife straps her to malfunctioning ventilator in a couple of weeks.

Did you have to put the film on to get that? I can figure it out given time, and I always pause the film to do it, but no chance under pressure

If you fill the 3 litre drum all way top the top and empty it in the 5 litre one then the 5 litre one has exactly 3 litres of water and 2 litres of empty space. You then fill the 3 litre one exactly to the top again, pour it out into the 5 litre one until you fill that to the top, then in the 3 litre drum you will have exactly 1 litre. You then empty the 5 litre drum out and fill it back with the 1 litre from the 3 litre drum and then add a full 3 litres into the 5 litre drum and you have exactly 4 litres.
if I had to figure that out all by myself in a real life situation I would probably just just thrown the bomb away and run away in the opposite direction.

Guest Moomintroll

That is a fucking shite state of affairs, no doubt the sort of virtue signalling arsehole who would have clapped for 30 minutes solid the other week & will be all over FB with Love the NHS messages. Zero consolation but tell her to ignore the selfish wankers and keep going to help the vast, respectful majority.

4 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Did you have to put the film on to get that? I can figure it out given time, and I always pause the film to do it, but no chance under pressure

Haha no, i don’t even think they explain it that well in the film among all the shouting. I don’t even know where I can watch the film anyway, definitely not on Netflix right now. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Jokes on her, she wont get one.

Some people are just c***s and you are seeing the very worst of people in some instances here. At least others in the shop around her voiced their disgust at this old cow and with any luck she will be in the ground soon enough. 

56 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m not at it, I don’t think the first one was a bad film by any means but the third one is just absolutely outstanding as it features Samuel L Jackson as angry black man and Jeremy Irons does such a good job as Simon and I just love how they are charging about NYC solving puzzles.

During filming Bruce Willis wore a sign that said "I hate everybody".  CGI was used to change the last word.