Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Channel Four news now having the conversation regarding relaxing restrictions for certain people, and the calculations that need to be done to relax measures and the certain deaths that follow.

Few folk including myself been asking about this for ages, glad to see it come into the mainstream now. It's something folk need to come to terms with.

Aye that will work...not really it will be a shambles as everybody will class themselves as essential.

Aye that will work...not really it will be a shambles as everybody will class themselves as essential.
The bit where he was on about making the lockdown more specific to only certain groups?

You are right there. It would need to be crystal clear, and folk would still patch it

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw.jpg

I stay in a cul-de-sac so it’s really quiet. If I’m downstairs watching tv or sitting about it’s a quick glance. I thought they were a bit bam-ish and this confirms it. 
*car noise* ... hmmm white car?... white car is confirm 

The bit where he was on about making the lockdown more specific to only certain groups?

You are right there. It would need to be crystal clear, and folk would still patch it

Its pretty crystal clear just now and the cops are still breaking up games of  cricket in a park.

Im not disagreeing with you but the vast majority of the public are stupid and have the "just one time it will be alright" attitude 

Its pretty crystal clear just now and the cops are still breaking up games of  cricket in a park.
Im not disagreeing with you but the vast majority of the public are stupid and have the "just one time it will be alright" attitude 
Well aye, and yet here we are with the talk of loosening the lockdown creeping more and more into the discourse. It will happen before most balanced thinking folk believe it should.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Well aye, and yet here we are with the talk of loosening the lockdown creeping more and more into the discourse. It will happen before most balanced thinking folk believe it should.

We are not even at the peak yet so im guessing june at the earliest

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I think they are worried the cops will be overrun especially down in England if the temperatures ramp up.

When is the three week revaluation? I would have though they’ll simply extend it, and that all this talk of loosening restrictions is premature. I realise there are all sorts of talking heads throwing their tuppence worth in, no doubt including David Byrne, but the Government needs to cut that out if there’s no truth to it.

When is the three week revaluation? I would have though they’ll simply extend it, and that all this talk of loosening restrictions is premature. I realise there are all sorts of talking heads throwing their tuppence worth in, no doubt including David Byrne, but the Government needs to cut that out if there’s no truth to it.
3 weeks is up on Monday with the review being postponed, presumably till Boris can be involved.

The talk seems to be more aimed at the type of loosening when it comes, I dont think anyone is talking like Monday is the end, but even so, it's just a confirmation that we will hit the point where rates of admission and death intersect with economic consequence.

Certainly would bet the house on at least a 2 week extension being announced fairly soon though. But after that period, something will change. There will be at least some things allowed to get going again.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I realise there are all sorts of talking heads throwing their tuppence worth in, no doubt including David Byrne, but the Government needs to cut that out if there’s no truth to it.

Wait until Mark Francois realises he’s going to have to cancel his VE Day street party 🇬🇧

Edited by trainspotter
Spelling

well it was one of the last to shut down coz they were saying we could carry on using safe measures. Will be open first and then a month will pass and if there’s no spike then other industries will follow suit.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There are various guys close to where I live (‘handymen’, ceramic tilers, roofers) who have all been working during the lockdown.

Are they still working on your extension?