Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Wait until Mark Francois realises he’s going to have to cancel his VE Day street party 🇬🇧

I notice he's been kept way out of the public relations machine these last few weeks.  Maybe he's got coronavirus.

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

When is the three week revaluation? I would have though they’ll simply extend it, and that all this talk of loosening restrictions is premature. I realise there are all sorts of talking heads throwing their tuppence worth in, no doubt including David Byrne, but the Government needs to cut that out if there’s no truth to it.

Wales have already extended, haven't said for how long.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wales have already extended, haven't said for how long.

Hadn't seen that.  Going by Nicola's "government of national unity" thing about going by the same medical advice, I'm pretty certain that's what'll happen across the UK.  

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hadn't seen that.  Going by Nicola's "government of national unity" thing about going by the same medical advice, I'm pretty certain that's what'll happen across the UK.  

I’d like to see the Welsh statement being clearer. I.e. we are extending the lockdown in its present form/with the following changes to x date.  Would be happy to see the Scottish Government doing likewise.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The UK is at least a couple of weeks behind other European countries with much stricter lockdowns.  In these countries....such as Belgium, Holland, Germany....the curve is only beginning to flatten, and restrictions there will extend well into May.

Anyone that thinks that the UK will (or even should) loosen the lockdown, is mad. We're only reaching the end of the beginning here, and instead of having live broadcasts giving people the impression that this is coming to an end, the government and media should be making people understand that this lockdown has weeks to go.....it'll probably be the end of May before some restrictions are lifted. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

BBC Scotland still running with the 100 medical professionals sign letter "story" - have they listed all those who signed the letter?  

Would be interesting to check out who else on it has political links. My bet is quite a few.

I have no issue with Labour wanting to raise it as an issue - I do have a problem of them using supposedly independent surrogates to do their dirty work.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Mrs B, admittedly via whatever shitty clickbait news sources is currently telling len that small business will be open by the end of April and pubs by the end of May.

Entering a dangerous time for the integrity of the lockdown as folks expectations start to change IMO.

I felt when I had kids out for a walk today there was a bit of a shift in activity levels. Say my first obvious group of folk not giving a f**k, lots more dog walkers etc. Could just be decent weather, but I think this might start to come apart at the seams soon.

I fear that in a couple of weeks we'll see a sharp spike in infection and death rates, and it will be because loads of folk will be going out over the Easter Weekend and totally ignoring everything. 

Avoid the shops this weekend!

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The UK is at least a couple of weeks behind other European countries with much stricter lockdowns.  In these countries....such as Belgium, Holland, Germany....the curve is only beginning to flatten, and restrictions there will extend well into May.

Anyone that thinks that the UK will (or even should) loosen the lockdown, is mad. We're only reaching the end of the beginning here, and instead of having live broadcasts giving people the impression that this is coming to an end, the government and media should be making people understand that this lockdown has weeks to go.....it'll probably be the end of May before some restrictions are lifted. 

Yup. I don't think we're even close to being able to even start talk of relaxing measures, especially if loads of folk, as I fear, will totally ignore the measures this weekend.

Everyone that got a letter saying they're vulnerable will have lockdown imposed for a lot longer and things will go back to normal in stages for others, but not for a significant period of time. 

110,000 in this vulnerable group in Scotland. For others on immuno suppressents  who haven't received a letter, everyone else in this group has them but the government checking with the NHS who is on what medication and who might be at risk takes time. 

Edited by Lambie's Pigeon Feed

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Saw my first group of wee guys smoking a joint when I was out running tonight.

Lockdown would have been the greatest thing that ever happened when I was 16. 

My next door neighbour's spent half of the last fortnight just smoking in the garden and going for walks. He's in his 40s as well. 

Unashamedly stolen from the Fife Jammers FB page:

***BREAKING NEWS***

THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE LIFTING RESTRICTIONS IN PARKS AND BEACHES DURING THE EASTER BREAK.

The Government has announced today that, for the Easter break, certain groups are allowed to go to parks and Beaches and invite friends round for BBQ’s.

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

While the majority of the population will remain in lockdown the following groups will be allowed to gather together at Parks and beaches:

Imbeciles
Half wits
Morons
Troglodytes
Ignoramus’
Simpletons
Illiterates
Idiots
Dickheads
Twats
Fucktards
Fuckwits
p***ks

Anyone not in those groups must follow the guidelines set out by the Governments regarding social distancing ....... help save our NHS [emoji304][emoji170][emoji304] and flatten the curve [emoji304][emoji170][emoji304]

Given how much of a f**k up the govt have made of this, they'd be fucking mental to even consider being (one of) the first European countries to lift the lockdown. 

We're already looking likely to be the worst hit and we were slow, relatively speaking, to lockdown in the first place. No way they'll risk being guinea pigs 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

Given how much of a f**k up the govt have made of this, they'd be fucking mental to even consider being (one of) the first European countries to lift the lockdown. 

We're already looking likely to be the worst hit and we were slow, relatively speaking, to lockdown in the first place. No way they'll risk being guinea pigs 

Totally agree. They've made a right arse of it.

It'll be at least another 3 weeks before they should be considering lifting the lockdown.

12 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

***BREAKING NEWS***

THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE LIFTING RESTRICTIONS IN PARKS AND BEACHES DURING THE EASTER BREAK.

The Government has announced today that, for the Easter break, certain groups are allowed to go to parks and Beaches and invite friends round for BBQ’s.

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

While the majority of the population will remain in lockdown the following groups will be allowed to gather together at Parks and beaches:

Imbeciles
Half wits
Morons
Troglodytes
Ignoramus’
Simpletons
Illiterates
Idiots
Dickheads
Twats
Fucktards
Fuckwits
p***ks

Anyone not in those groups must follow the guidelines set out by the Governments regarding social distancing ....... help save our NHS emoji304.pngemoji170.pngemoji304.png and flatten the curve emoji304.pngemoji170.pngemoji304.png

The funny thing is that whoever wrote that is almost certainly thicker than any of the other people they described.

14 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

***BREAKING NEWS***

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

Imbeciles
Half wits
Morons
Troglodytes
Ignoramus’
Simpletons
Illiterates
Idiots
Dickheads
Twats
Fucktards
Fuckwits
p***ks

Anyone not in those groups must follow the guidelines set out by the Governments regarding social distancing ....... help save our NHS emoji304.pngemoji170.pngemoji304.png and flatten the curve emoji304.pngemoji170.pngemoji304.png

This is epic

19 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

***BREAKING NEWS***

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

Imbeciles
Half wits
Morons
Troglodytes
Ignoramus’
Simpletons
Illiterates
Idiots
Dickheads
Twats
Fucktards
Fuckwits
p***ks

Someone really should make a joke about the Juniors forum at this point...