Star Trek: Picard

King Kebab

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Funny I didn't like it for exactly this reason

You see what I mean though. The way the space battles are, the small crew, that samurai/jedi boy.

Doesn't really feel like Star Trek.

Thought it started with quite a bit of promise but as the weeks go by it’s just never really grabbed me the way I hoped. I’ll still watch it because it’s Star Trek obviously but it’s never really gotten above ok at best.

On 21/02/2020 at 22:22, Salvo Montalbano said:

Thought that was another strong episode. A few obvious "twists" that weren't twists but more unanswered questions to keep the mystery going, no hammy Romulan guy on the cube and a nice little Easter Egg from one of the businesses on Freecloud...

Reveal hidden contents

Mr Mot's Hair Emporium

also 

Spoiler

Quark 's Bar

main-qimg-a66826dde225cc563e162760a753bd

Thought this week's episode was pretty good again and moved the story along a little bit.

The best bits were obviously any scene between Picard and Hugh (I wonder if the ex-Borg who said "Locutus?" might come back into the story) and at least there has been movement on the whole Romulan spy/Soji storyline. A wee bit disappointed that after building up the Romulan martial artist into a great warrior, we never quite get to see him do his best. A bit of a missed opportunity there I think. Certainly they've done a lot of setting up in the first half of the season; we've just got to hope the pay off is worth the wait. And with the "home world" being discovered (sort of) and the promise of Riker (and Troi, I guess) to come it is very promising.

The bit at the end with the Aussie Romulan boy

Spoiler

Presumably not the last we’ll see of him as otherwise it’s a bit of a waste of time introducing him but it did also seem a bit pointless they say they had him not leaving with them so he could cover their exit and then nothing happening that needed him to cover at all.

Great episode.

Loved the scene with current day Picard overlaid with Locutus and Picard and Hugh's reunion was brilliant. The guy playing Narek was tremendous throughout.

Elnor (Aussie Romulan) isn't out of the show yet, he's shown in the clip for the next episode(s) so isn't killed while Picard and Soji escape.

Bit of a mixed bag this week I think. Seems to be a hell of a lot of set up so the final episode or two will have to be sensational to pay off all the build up.

Frakes as Riker was of course superb. Just like his guest turn in DS9, it was a treat seeing him back and even moreso the amount of scenes he had with Picard. Gutted for Hugh mind you, he was actually quite an interesting character and much more complex than the original TNG iteration. Wondered how they'd get Elnor back in but he seemed to have some kind of emergency beacon thing at the end? Unless that was his way into the Queen's cell. Who knows what's going on. Much like the episode on Freecloud, it was very Star Warsy - like Narek taking his Tie Fighter off the Death Star. I mean his scout ship off the Cube. Which is fine I guess, but if I wanted Star Wars I'd get Disney + and watch the Mandolorian. I want to see Picard.