St Johnstone v Celtic, Wednesday 29/01/20

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

From what I read of the club statement there was a lot of mewling about different incentives that failed to get home fans along. Is it any wonder home gates drop when these cave dwellers come to town. I understand it's a business, but its effectively admitting defeat to their constant shitty behaviour.

Our lowest home crowd of the season, by a distance, was for the visit of Rangers. Over 500 less home fans than for any other league game.

Saints fans don't go to these games, so once you add in the fact Celtic/Rangers fans destroy the Ormond Stand toilets at every visit, and we get no compensation for that until the end of the season, you can see why the club needs to make up the shortfall somehow.

*shrugs*
Only our second game playing this system, and our defence includes Wallace Duffy and a leff back playing at centre back, against Griffiths and Edouard. I think almost every Saints fans knew a humping was on the cards here.
Few things to come out it so far though...
  • Another game playing this way to get players used to it
  • We now know Duffy is an awful wing back, aswell as centre back
  • Callum Booth ball watches a lot for a centre back, and that issue will hopefully be resolved when McCart replaces him. Better to learn that lesson tonight than Saturday
  • Ali McCann is our best player

Not sure Duffy deserves picked out in this shitfest.

Also, fucking Dundee fans gloating just days after they appeared on TV being rinsed by Dunfermline in the second tier...

Anyone who thinks because Saints are struggling against a front line of Griffiths/Edouard, they'll drop 5 places in the league, then thats a bit wild.

Just now, Bose said:

Not sure Duffy deserves picked out in this shitfest.

Was meant to mention Tansers single man mission to get James Forrest a new Celtic contract.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

Only our second game playing this system, and our defence includes Wallace Duffy and a leff back playing at centre back, against Griffiths and Edouard. I think almost every Saints fans knew a humping was on the cards here.

• Callum Booth ball watches a lot for a centre back, and that issue will hopefully be resolved when McCart replaces him. Better to learn that lesson tonight than Saturday

Very surprised to hear Booth is in at CB, was only ever a left fullback with us.

The extra money gained by giving 3 stands to these inbred IRA supporting mutants, will be spent on replacing all the broken seats.

I feel for true St Johnstone fans having to sit and watch their stadium being taken over by them.

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Very surprised to hear Booth is in at CB, was only ever a left fullback with us.

We have nobody else. McCart is a CB but has only trained twice, and we don't have any other defenders. Down to 16 outfield players for this game, and 4 of them are strikers (May, Kane, Hendry, MOH) and one is Danny Swanson.

Still could be worse eh ? We could be in the first division signing your duds instead of the other way round [emoji23][emoji106]
If only that was even a tiny wee bit relevant here, that would have been a solid post.
Our lowest home crowd of the season, by a distance, was for the visit of Rangers. Over 500 less home fans than for any other league game.
Saints fans don't go to these games, so once you add in the fact Celtic/Rangers fans destroy the Ormond Stand toilets at every visit, and we get no compensation for that until the end of the season, you can see why the club needs to make up the shortfall somehow.
Yeah, I did acknowledge that, that it's a business etc. But really, the business talk can only go so far when your own fans are actively saying what's the fucking point and staying away.

I am not in any way trying to shame St Johnstone here and especially not their fans who have been pushed into this situation, because of other fans who have made the totally understandable decision imo to stay away.

It's sad that the answer seems to lie in giving in rather than finding a way of forcing the clubs involved to get their mutant fans in line. We all know that wont happen though. As a fan I would rathe my club cut their cloth than cash in off of these people. I accept that's an idealistic view though.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

Don’t know how you can be so nonchalant about rolling over to these c***s every time we play them. It’s a fucking disgrace. I’m sure I read today that it’s 27-0 in our last eight games vs them? 10 to zip on aggregate this season, with a half of football left to play. Embarrassing record. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am not in any way trying to shame St Johnstone here and especially not their fans who have been pushed into this situation, because of other fans who have made the totally understandable decision imo to stay away.

It's sad that the answer seems to lie in giving in rather than finding a way of forcing the clubs involved to get their mutant fans in line. We all know that wont happen though. As a fan I would rathe my club cut their cloth than cash in off of these people. I accept that's an idealistic view though.

Its worth mentioning the 3 stand thing is just a trial for this season, to see what happens.

The home support have been given over a decade of incredible prices, successful football, and not handing the stadium over to other clubs. The home support has dropped to the same level we got in the second tier.

Theres nobody to blame apart from the Saints fans who cant be arsed going.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

But really, the business talk can only go so far when your own fans are actively saying what's the fucking point and staying away.

The thing is, it's the fans who go to 3 games a season that are shouting loudest, especially on here. f**k them, they're the problem but can't even see it.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Don’t know how you can be so nonchalant about rolling over to these c***s every time we play them. It’s a fucking disgrace. I’m sure I read today that it’s 27-0 in our last eight games vs them? 10 to zip on aggregate this season, with a half of football left to play. Embarrassing record. 

Theres more important things this season to worry about than getting humped off the best team in the Country m8.

We've got a massive game on Saturday, just had a massive game last Saturday, a winnable trip to Pittodrie on Wednesday, then a cup tie a week on Saturday. 

We have 17 outfield players.

This is the lowest priority match so if we're half arsing one game to avoid injuries so we're fine for the rest it would be better to be this one.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The thing is, it's the fans who go to 3 games a season that are shouting loudest, especially on here. f**k them, they're the problem but can't even see it.

Just name him.

@jamamafegan 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

It's a Scottish football problem. That's why I have a degree of sympathy. I have absolutely no issue with someone swerving a game against either cheek and would never call them out as a part time or anything. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a Scottish football problem. That's why I have a degree of sympathy. I have absolutely no issue with someone swerving a game against either cheek and would never call them out as a part time or anything. 

The ones complaining dont go to any games, then hound the club as they try and find ways to keep a top flight club financially serviceable with a second tier support.