St Johnstone v Celtic, Wednesday 29/01/20

Just name him.
[mention=19616]jamamafegan[/mention] 

I live in the highlands. Don’t have the time or the money to be going to Saints games anymore. The two homes games I have managed to go to were absolutely fucking woeful nights. I don’t blame people for not wanting to stump up for what’s on offer. I’ll stick to the more enjoyable away days, thanks.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I live in the highlands. Don’t have the time or the money to be going to Saints games anymore. The two homes games I have managed to go to were absolutely fucking woeful nights. I don’t blame people for not wanting to stump up for what’s on offer. I’ll stick to the more enjoyable away days, thanks.

This is where I ask what you would do to help increase crowds, and/or make up the financial shortfall from fans not attending.

You then come up with some incredibly naive mythical super solution which clearly wouldnt work, then vanish until the next time you want to cry about how shite the Saints support is.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Because he doesn’t go to games? Little bit harsh.

He appears regularly now slating the home support. Genuinely beginning to think hes a StandFree alias.

Maybe we would if it didn’t cost a fucking fortune for a boring shitey night at McDiarmid.

So ud rather give money to other clubs while going to away games ?

This is where I ask what you would do to help increase crowds, and/or make up the financial shortfall from fans not attending.

You then come up with some incredibly naive mythical super solution which clearly wouldnt work, then vanish until the next time you want to cry about how shite the Saints support is.

I provided excellent solutions whereas you have provided exactly zero solutions because you seem to be somewhat content with our crowds dwindling. I on the other hand recognise a problem and have suggested ways to fix it. Nothing mythical about it, it’s not pioneering stuff ffs.

The ones complaining dont go to any games, then hound the club as they try and find ways to keep a top flight club financially serviceable with a second tier support.
Btw... My initial point is that once you get past the balance sheet, the bottle throwing type of thing is what you are going to have to accept more of with more of these animals in town.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

I provided excellent solutions whereas you have provided exactly zero solutions because you seem to be somewhat content with our one crowds dwindling. I on the other hand recognise a problem and have suggested ways to fix it. Nothing mythical about it, it’s not pioneering stuff ffs.

Like what?

Dundee had a good idea last year (shock, I know) where you got 4 “bring a friend” tickets per season ticket. Meant that anyone who had a season ticket could get 4 free tickets for any game of the season, designed to be used against the OF. They then created price categories for different games where Celtic and Rangers were in category A and they just bumped the prices up for those games. Basically charging the OF more rather than selling them extra seats in a way where they didn’t necessarily rip off Dundee fans.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Dundee had a good idea last year (shock, I know) where you got 4 “bring a friend” tickets per season ticket. Meant that anyone who had a season ticket could get 4 free tickets for any game of the season, designed to be used against the OF. They then created price categories for different games where Celtic and Rangers were in category A and they just bumped the prices up for those games. Basically charging the OF more rather than selling them extra seats in a way where they didn’t necessarily rip off Dundee fans.

So did Saints.

Every season ticket holder got to bring a friend to OF games for an extra £10.

We still had less home fans for those games than season ticket holders.

Just now, Romeo said:

Celtic coasting it and St Johnstone fans arguing with each other on their match thread while the game is being played.

Fantastic.

It's the most boring game of our footballing calendar. f**k knows how Celtic fans can keep themselves interested.

*sees highlights of them throwing bottles at players*

Oh.

So did Saints.

Yeah, because a) people don’t want to go to a game and watch their team get pumped and b) because they don’t want to be subjected to the bullshit of their fans. But it’s a way of making more money without having so many of them in the ground which is only going to cause trouble.

I’m not against clubs doing it, I just think it’s a dodgy road to go down.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a Scottish football problem. That's why I have a degree of sympathy. I have absolutely no issue with someone swerving a game against either cheek and would never call them out as a part time or anything. 

In recent years I have thought about giving games a miss against Rangers/Celtic a miss at Tannadice, not because of how the result on the pitch may go but rather because of the horrible atmosphere from the away fans in attendance.   However despite such thoughts I still attend.

I have spoke to a few people over the years who have not attended those fixtures because of that reason and I knew a couple who went with youngster to most games but refused to take youngsters to games against Rangers/Celtic due to the atmosphere. 

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Yeah, because a) people don’t want to go to a game and watch their team get pumped and b) because they don’t want to be subjected to the bullshit of their fans. But it’s a way of making more money without having so many of them in the ground which is only going to cause trouble.

I’m not against clubs doing it, I just think it’s a dodgy road to go down.

1. They cause bother no matter how many of them turn up

2. The home crowd tonight apparently isnt any lower than usual

3. Its just a trial

4. Our home support is down to its core support anyway, we cant continue as a top flight side without getting more money into the club, sadly this is the only guaranteed route for that

So did Saints.
You have to acknowledge the reasons why though, and why admitting more of them is only ever going to exacerbate it, and carries with it a more broad and moral question about your clubs part in the health of Scottish football and the fan experience.

Looking only at the money these tickets make IMO conveniently ignores what I think should be an obligation of all SPFL member clubs to push harder for the matchday experience not to be dominated by hostile, scummy and sectarian behaviour of these fans.