Disney+

Mark Connolly

I've started rewatching Scrubs, which is one of my absolute favourite programmes, but by f**k having not seen it in a few years you forget just how much of a total dick JD can be at times.

Yeah, he's a p***k. Does it have the original music? 4od didn't and was trying to decide whether to shift my rewatch from DVDs to Disney plus

4 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Yeah, he's a p***k. Does it have the original music? 4od didn't and was trying to decide whether to shift my rewatch from DVDs to Disney plus

I don't know the OG music well enough to know for sure but I haven't noticed any changes.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

That's a bit shit. I don't really like doing that, mainly because I'm scared that my laptop explodes or something. If there's a free trial then I might get that and see if I can squeeze The Mandalorian in too.

Doesn't have to be on your laptop and the less than reputable means only downloads the streaming software, not the episodes themselves 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

That's a bit shit. I don't really like doing that, mainly because I'm scared that my laptop explodes or something. If there's a free trial then I might get that and see if I can squeeze The Mandalorian in too.

What's a bit shit? Them not releasing stuff individually?

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Don't think so. On the podcast a few weeks ago, Bill said that's the one thing he wants to work with Disney to do. He did also say that the issue only applies to S1-4, as after that, streaming rights, etc were included in the licencing.

They're going to be filming S3+S4 back to back with filming meant to start next month.
Glover's just signed a deal with Amazon. He's even meant to be getting his own content hub on it. So he's likely to busy focusing on that for quite some time. There's meant to be a clause that will allow him to keep working on Atlanta if he wants to though.

Donald Glover is probably the most talented man in entertainment right now. I go through phases of just being obsessed with the guy. Currently rewatching Atlanta, which is phenomenal, and listening to the Dissect podcast (goes in to song-by-song detail) about his album Because the Internet, both of which I would thoroughly recommend.

Just finishing season 1, excitement is already building for the appearance of the bold Teddy Perkins.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
22 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. I'm not sure if it's the norm for every streaming platform but not giving anyone the option to own their output is shite.

I think its to stop people from only taking a short sub and blitzing their AAA shows, like the mandelorian etc

They want people to sign up for 2-3 months, watch the big show and maybe some other stuff, then when said big show finishes a majority of the people keep their sub as they have watched other stuff on it

As i said earlier in the thread, i pay 5.99 a month through o2 who then give me 2 quid off my phone bill, so in theory my disney+ is only 4 quid, for stuff to stick on in the background at times, for the new stuff and the big shows, to me its unreal value, only wish their streaming software was as good as netflix, disney+ is a shite system compared to netflix

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:
On 27/02/2021 at 14:10, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. I'm not sure if it's the norm for every streaming platform but not giving anyone the option to own their output is shite.

I don't think it's any different to Netflix or Amazon Prime.

can anyone tell me if this comes with subtitles as me and the Mrs are a bit hard of hearing and use subtitles all the time.
tried Now tv binned that as only some shows had subtitles.
Thanks 

Yes it does!!!

Finally got the chance to dip into Star since it started a couple of weeks ago. An absolute shit ton of shows to get through which is great.

Caught up on Love, Victor which has been alright so far. A wee bit predictable but still pretty good.

On 06/03/2021 at 21:52, The Naitch said:

Caught up on Love, Victor which has been alright so far. A wee bit predictable but still pretty good.

Feels artificially lengthened like a lot of American tele especially as it's inspired by the brilliant film.

Also disappointed it's being dripped weekly rather than just all released at once. 

Having said that I'm sure I'll be greeting by the end when he gets the boy etc

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for this yesterday as my daughter was nagging to see series 3 of a show called Miraculous, which is only available on it. Neither of my TV's can get the Disney Plus app, so may need to rig up a laptop or share a screen to watch on a decent sized screen.