Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

5 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get this game on the Amazon firestick? 

Edit - not asking for a streaming site in case this aggrieves the mods - just in case there's a way to get a PPV or something.

It will be on Now TV via their day pass, but Now TV isn't on the Fire Stick.

You can get Now TV via a PS4/Xbox One if you have either of those?

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think players should be able to choose whether they play for their country. Does seem a dick move getting a call up then not bothering to turn up so, yeah, f**k him off.

They do

Scotland have about 5 or 6 current guys who just refuse to play for us

30 minutes ago, Binos said:

Btw

He's hopeless as a lone front man

Can't hold the ball up, can't link the play, immobile

He looked hopeless in the role we play

He's a beenpole poacher, a decent one, with sheff u playing two up and the non goalscoring mcgoldrick doing all the hard work

This is hopefully a godsend and allow dykes, who looks will fit our system, to bed in before the big game in Oct

I've seen him play a few times as a lone striker for Swansea, and possibly also for Sheffield United and he has been pretty good at it.

29 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Has the five day rule not been scrapped for the moment to let players refuse to travel if they don't wanna risk covid?

Its irrelevant in this case regardless, as the Scotland manager has accepted him pulling out the Scotland squad but playing for his club.

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

1771 minutes for McTominay.  Which is gash. Bare minimum is 2000 ideally 2500.  

In his 27 EPL appearances he totalled 424 minutes, an average of about 16 minutes per game.

People concerned about his lack of game time are right to be so.  Its teetering right on the edge of being at the point he would need to think about a move or a loan for a while, he needs to be getting a good solid 2500 minutes a season at his age, he's 24 soon.

He's a first team player at one of the biggest clubs in the world, playing and training every day with some top class players. 

We are not good enough of a team to be demanding that all our players are first team starters every week.

If McTominay is one of the best 5 or 6 centre mids we have (and most would agree he is), he should be in the squad. If he's one of the top 2 or 3,  or fits best into a certain role, he should be in the team. Its not a hard concept.

Edited by Jacky1990

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I've seen him play a few times as a lone striker for Swansea, and possibly also for Sheffield United and he has been pretty good at it.

Maybe they were able to get further up the park than we're able to in international football

For us he looked completely isolated and totally incapable of bringing up midfield into play

If players like Steven Fletcher and Oli McBurnie don't want to play for Scotland, then fine. They can just ask not to be selected.

One of them has, one of them hasn't. I'm guessing there's a bit more to this that'll come out over the next few days.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

If players like Steven Fletcher and Oli McBurnie don't want to play for Scotland, then fine. They can just ask not to be selected.

One of them has, one of them hasn't. I'm guessing there's a bit more to this that'll come out over the next few days.

Maybe playing in Sheffield turns you into a c**t

do you think he is still eligible?

think he may well be, I’m sure a lot of players had registration for things like this extended due to lockdown so they didn’t become victims of no games being played avoids any sort of ‘lost generation’

As craigkillie says 1996 being a leap year also causes some sort issue as he is automatically four days older than people born in 1995 or 1997.

think he may well be, I’m sure a lot of players had registration for things like this extended due to lockdown so they didn’t become victims of no games being played avoids any sort of ‘lost generation’

As craigkillie says 1996 being a leap year also causes some sort issue as he is automatically four days older than people born in 1995 or 1997.

He's certainly more than four days older than someone born in 1995!

Surprised at Clarke's weak comments tbh. It doesn't look like Mcburnie's bridges have been burned.

It wouldn't surprise me if Clarke says "you're in the U21s at the next squad announcements and if you fail to turn up and play that's you finished with Scotland. Ball's in your court."

But that's just speculation on my part.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo