Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Maybe it's just me but it still feels like we're a very long shot to qualify for a major competition through the Nations League playoffs.

Maybe. But you could argue that an away tie in Norway or Serbia should we get there might be more winnable without many fans than normal

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Are you having a laugh?  Ryan Jack will be nowhere near the team.

He has started the last 2 competitive fixtures under Clarke. He may not start this time round, but to say he will be nowhere near the team is silly.

Edited by AJF

19 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Mate he's fuckin mince.  He only gets called up so the good midfielders have someone to take the piss out of in training.

He suits Clarke's style of play. I don't think he is the type of player that will stand out and grab headlines like McGinn, for example, but he will absolutely do the job that is asked of him in that system and is very reliable.

49 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Maybe. But you could argue that an away tie in Norway or Serbia should we get there might be more winnable without many fans than normal

You always have hope with a one-off tie. But Scotland teaches us the virtue of eternal pessimism, if nothing else.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Yes, as it has directly given Scotland their best chance of qualifying in 20 years.

I know

This again is our best chance, and this time at a world cup

Unless folk think we're gonna win any groups

Plus with getting'promoted' Fridays a must win

Mcburnie, not fit to start, ok, but we'll be the ones retaining his services so we can bring him on, even for last 10 if we so wish

Weak all round on this

Sends all the wrong messages

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Does "compo" mean competition? If so, are you aware of what winning the Nations League group and subsequent play-offs does for us?

The other thing that's overlooked is that if we can win this group, and it's definitely winnable for us, then we'll be promoted to League A for the next time, which will basically guarantee us a play-off just for turning up.

Guest DAVIDB69
Mate he's fuckin mince.  He only gets called up so the good midfielders have someone to take the piss out of in training.

Who are currently our good consistent midfielders , we have lots of midfielders .

I am no fan of mcburnie but he he has hinted that support he gets at club level from his midfielders is way better than what he gets at international level .

Who are currently our good consistent midfielders , we have lots of midfielders .

I am no fan of mcburnie but he he has hinted that support he gets at club level from his midfielders is way better than what he gets at international level .
Considering the fact Fleck is about 5th choice for us, I would say that's more to do with the way the Sheffield United and Scotland are set up as rather than the quality of the midfielders McBurnie playing with.

Sorry but that's complete BS from McBurnie.    If you have a cut on your foot that's healed up well enough in 2 weeks to play half a game and you have 50% more healing time for the Czech game of course of course he'd be absolutely fine.   From a man who pleaded 'not-guilty' to drink driving despite being 50% over the limit.  

I also don't believe for a second he wanted to go but Steve Clarke said no.    

38 minutes ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

Sorry but that's complete BS from McBurnie.    If you have a cut on your foot that's healed up well enough in 2 weeks to play half a game and you have 50% more healing time for the Czech game of course of course he'd be absolutely fine.   From a man who pleaded 'not-guilty' to drink driving despite being 50% over the limit.  

I also don't believe for a second he wanted to go but Steve Clarke said no.    

By the time Steve Clarke, Chris Wilder and Oli McBurnie are all saying the same thing, I'm pretty sure that's the real story.

Folk are just seeing what they want to see at this point.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

By the time Steve Clarke, Chris Wilder and Oli McBurnie are all saying the same thing, I'm pretty sure that's the real story.

Folk are just seeing what they want to see at this point.

You're debating with someone who's spent the past decade pretending to be a diabetic middle aged man.

Guest DAVIDB69
Genuine question. What's has Dykes actually done to merit a Scotland call up.
I was checking his previous stats, not brilliant in a poor league, no player of the month awards, no team of the year awards. He not a teenager, so is it just because he moved to QPR??

Would imagine so but won’t stop a lot of people labelling him the next big thing.

Would imagine it’s a your not an Aussie anymore type cap.

I get the feeling and have seen next to nothing of him he will be an all or nothing type cap.

He will be surprisingly very good and look comfortable or he will be a hopeless diddy hugely out of his depth .