Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not worried. Project Brave will see us back at the top in no time.

Why was Malky wanting to bail out to Dundee United when glory awaits?

There must be some hope with this u - 21s team to give the senior team some good players

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It helps prove we created less chances yesterday than in any other home game over the past 5 years.

Better gauge of attacking quality than simply looking at the amount of shots.

It helps if we can get our shots on target

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I didn’t say you said anything along those lines.

You absolutely, 100% did.

Bizarrely, you seemed to think that in criticising the overall display, I was only addressing the individual performances of players. 

A look back at your responses to me on this thread makes that Crystal clear.  I suggest you take one.

55 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Literally just found out this game was on. Have I been out of the loop more than usual lately, or was this game particularly badly advertised?

Edit: just reading through. I take it the game went well?

You were better not knowing.

46 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m pro-Indy and I go to Murrayfield now and then. Great day out. I went to a shitty high school and I’ve never voted Tory.

It's a daft stereotype that this forum loves for some reason. See also, 'drinking a pint of pish'

That's a few performances against Israel recently where we've been roughly on par. Anyone still determined we're much better and should be scudding them? Is it still the manager's fault?

38 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You absolutely, 100% did.

Bizarrely, you seemed to think that in criticising the overall display, I was only addressing the individual performances of players. 

A look back at your responses to me on this thread makes that Crystal clear.  I suggest you take one.

Strange you haven’t provided any quotes to back this up then. Perhaps you just couldn’t find any...

Anyway, very bored now.

Here you  go then.  It's in response to me saying that giving the overall performance 6/10 was crazy:

"The players did exactly what they were set up to do and you could literally hear them being instructed to do. Therein lies the problem. No point slaughtering the entire side when they played exactly as you’d expect in that set up which for starters totally nullified the qualities of the two best midfielders who started the match."

I've honestly no idea why you're being so daft with this.

48 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's a few performances against Israel recently where we've been roughly on par. Anyone still determined we're much better and should be scudding them? Is it still the manager's fault?

Look at their players

On paper we have better

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Here you  go then.  It's in response to me saying that giving the overall performance 6/10 was crazy:

"The players did exactly what they were set up to do and you could literally hear them being instructed to do. Therein lies the problem. No point slaughtering the entire side when they played exactly as you’d expect in that set up which for starters totally nullified the qualities of the two best midfielders who started the match."

I've honestly no idea why you're being so daft with this.

That is what is going to kill Scottish football.  Having 10 Barry Fergusons on the park is going to drive  people away . Sideways, sideways , back , punt  is mind numbing stuff. 

50 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yes. Look at the clubs our players play for and compare it to their squad.

2 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Three

Watch , and watch again , Sir Andy's grand slam triumphs

I believe this is called nostalgia. Nice to have it, but don't think that will help Scotland or AM as they try to improve their respective situations. 

P S. Massive respect for AM, and at least he has some relatively recent memories to enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Look at their players

On paper we have better

Yes, I know, that's the usual response. It doesn't take into account that most of us know hee-haw about the bulk of Israel's players. The next step is usually, "well, they'd be playing at the top European clubs if they were any good," which completely ignores where the bulk of our squad ply their trade.

I'd imagine that over on Israel's Pie & Bovril, there won't be much fear of anything we have. Quite rightly, as it turns out.

Israel are ranked about 50 places below us in the rankings, were seeded below us, and consistently perform worse than us in qualifying. There is plenty of evidence that we are miles better than them, that's what makes the closeness of the three matches so frustrating.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Israel are ranked about 50 places below us in the rankings, were seeded below us, and consistently perform worse than us in qualifying. There is plenty of evidence that we are miles better than them, that's what makes the closeness of the three matches so frustrating.

Aye, but here we are again.

We're surely in witch's curse territory if we're notably better than the mediocre European sides like Israel. Maybe there's just not a lot between the sides 50th to 100th in the world. Plenty of sides in that grouping that we've struggled against, and a few that you wouldn't put any money on us to beat. Very few you'd feel comfortable about us beating.