Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They would have given you the money for finishing bottom, which is the minimum you would have received anyway. That's different to paying out the full amounts to clubs for positions which aren't yet confirmed. Doing that would need a Board decision or a vote.

It was definitely a board decision. Presumably the same when they gave cash early to Livingston and Dunfermline.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/469382/SPFL-to-offer-crisis-hit-Hearts-early-prize-money-pay-out

Boy, this "prize money can't be released early under any circumstances" stance sure has been shown to be quite the bollocks a fair few times.

vladchin.png

18 minutes ago, The DA said:

The only mention of loans in the SPFL's Articles of Association (https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/files/shares/SPFL Articles of Association of 20-Jan-20 (clean).pdf) are in para 156:

So, the bit in bold suggests the possibility of loans being made.

Please email that to Doncaster. On second thoughts, have a letter couriered  to him.

3 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

It was definitely a board decision. Presumably the same when they gave cash early to Livingston and Dunfermline.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/469382/SPFL-to-offer-crisis-hit-Hearts-early-prize-money-pay-out

Boy, this "prize money can't be released early under any circumstances" stance sure has been shown to be quite the bollocks a fair few times.

vladchin.png

There is a difference between paying a team the minimum possible prize money they could be expected to receive - for example giving every team in a division what is due for finishing bottom, since they obviously can't earn less than that - and paying a team prize money which could end up being more than they "earned" on the pitch. For example, if Hearts were 11th at that point in 2013/14, but could still finish 12th, they wouldn't have given them the 11th placed prize money.

Null and void the last vote and have another vote where there is an actual dead line and votes are kept secret until they are all are in...

Just a thought... I also kind of want to see how theyd f**k that up too ha

Edited by Bohemian

Just now, Bohemian said:

Null and void the last vote and have another vote where there is an actual dead line and votes are kept secret until they are all are in...

Just a thought... I also kind of want to see how theyd f**k that up too ha

Aye, they absolutely have to bin this vote at this point. It has no credibility, no matter whose fault it is.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There is a difference between paying a team the minimum possible prize money they could be expected to receive - for example giving every team in a division what is due for finishing bottom, since they obviously can't earn less than that - and paying a team prize money which could end up being more than they "earned" on the pitch. For example, if Hearts were 11th at that point in 2013/14, but could still finish 12th, they wouldn't have given them the 11th placed prize money.

Had this argument with Random. A safety margin - yes. But it’s insane to limit a Motherwell payout to the £1.1m that would be due to Hearts in 12th. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

So what do the **** actually want to happen here? The season won’t be voided. We won’t be playing any games till into July/August most likely which causes issues for next season. If games are to be played to a finish, which is obviously preferable, how do they fairly sort out the player contracts issue? Would it be fair to play the remaining games having allowed teams to sign new players and have completely different squads? 

Their option of handing out the prize money (because they’re skint) but not giving anyone titles or relegating anyone was rightly kicked into touch. 

Surely just declare that contracts remain valid (but no compulsion on the players) for the 4-5 weeks needed to complete the “season”. Combine with ban or limit on new player registrations for those 4-5 weeks and the players probably have nowhere else to go.

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Surely just declare that contracts remain valid (but no compulsion on the players) for the 4-5 weeks needed to complete the “season”. Combine with ban or limit on new player registrations for those 4-5 weeks and the players probably have nowhere else to go.

Alan Forrest has already agreed to join Livingston, and contracts agreed etc., in June.

Same with us and Shaun Rooney.

How do you work around that?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alan Forrest has already agreed to join Livingston, and contracts agreed etc., in June.

Same with us and Shaun Rooney.

How do you work around that?

Exactly. Another issue is if the players don’t want to take up the extension with their current club. It might be unlikely but there could be a few in that boat. 

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Well aye, I know that. But they've said they can't pay ANYTHING except position as of right now cash - i.e. Celtic HAVE to be paid first place cash. Rangers HAVE to be paid second place cash etc.

That is - clearly and objectively - absolute dugshite.

Well aye, I know that. But they've said they can't pay ANYTHING except position as of right now cash - i.e. Celtic HAVE to be paid first place cash. Rangers HAVE to be paid second place cash etc.
That is - clearly and objectively - absolute dugshite.

Is it? I can’t really think of another way of distributing prize monies without playing any more games “this” season.

37 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Can’t we just count 75% of the vote and go with that?

Seems fair.

To be honest it seems all a bit stupid to require 75% in each league. 75%+ of overall vote is quite substantial. 

As for O’Neils 40 yarder stating that Motherwell voted out of self interest. 90% of clubs probably did. But whose to say that we also voted for what we thought was right also ? Which was to ensure those clubs that desperately need money got it as soon as possible. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Is it? I can’t really think of another way of distributing prize monies without playing any more games “this” season.

They could - right now - give all the cash strapped clubs of Scotland's lower leagues lying destitute in the gutter the prize money for finishing 12th in their respective division. Then when the season gets finished or called in the future, pay up the remainders.

I mean I'm no Mensa member of the month winner, but I came up with that in about 3 seconds.

Just now, JamieThomas said:

They could - right now - give all the cash strapped clubs of Scotland's lower leagues lying destitute in the gutter the prize money for finishing 12th in their respective division.

They done this in March. I've no idea why so many people just ignore the fact this has been said repeatedly. 

Forfar have said they only have a few thousand pounds left to be paid to them for their position.