Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

They could - right now - give all the cash strapped clubs of Scotland's lower leagues lying destitute in the gutter the prize money for finishing 12th in their respective division. Then when the season gets finished or called in the future, pay up the remainders.
I mean I'm no Mensa member of the month winner, but I came up with that in about 3 seconds.

Did they not already do that in March?

49 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Had this argument with Random. A safety margin - yes. But it’s insane to limit a Motherwell payout to the £1.1m that would be due to Hearts in 12th. 

Well, Motherwell would be guarebteed atleast 6th tgis season, Rangers 3rd and Celtic 2nd so they would all get an amount higher than £1.1million. The rest of the league however would obly be able to recieve the £1.1 millionnmark if thjs was the case.

The Sevco claims are interesting and I actually hope they have shot their load here and made a mess of things.  Bizarre as surely Stewart Robertson position is now untenable. 

This can only go one of two ways. Sevco are correct and Doncaster has to stand down. Or Sevco are  incorrect and are held in contempt or something similar and are punished by being demoted to League 2 

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Well, Motherwell would be guarebteed atleast 6th tgis season, Rangers 3rd and Celtic 2nd so they would all get an amount higher than £1.1million. The rest of the league however would obly be able to recieve the £1.1 millionnmark if thjs was the case.

Mentjl

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The Sevco claims are interesting and I actually hope they have shot their load here and made a mess of things.  Bizarre as surely Stewart Robertson position is now untenable. 

This can only go one of two ways. Sevco are correct and Doncaster has to stand down. Or Sevco are  incorrect and are held in contempt or something similar and are punished by being demoted to League 2 

Both, hopefully.

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Also what  input Peter Lawwell had in this whole sordid affair 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They done this in March. I've no idea why so many people just ignore the fact this has been said repeatedly. 

Forfar have said they only have a few thousand pounds left to be paid to them for their position. 

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Did they not already do that in March?

If it's just pennies, then why all the absolute tear stained bollocks about existence threatened clubs now?

warnock.png

Either way this is cut, there was no justification for adding the final payments into the vote.

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

Either way this is cut, there was no justification for adding the final payments into the vote.

Until the season is officially voted to end, they cant hand out money based on final position.

Surely that's blatantly obvious?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Aye, they absolutely have to bin this vote at this point. It has no credibility, no matter whose fault it is.

I was thinking along your lines to start with but it could be conceived as keeping on voting until the right result is voted for.

31 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The very definition of win win. 

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alan Forrest has already agreed to join Livingston, and contracts agreed etc., in June.

Same with us and Shaun Rooney.

How do you work around that?

55 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Exactly. Another issue is if the players don’t want to take up the extension with their current club. It might be unlikely but there could be a few in that boat. 

1. They obviously can't be registered yet.

2. So players in this position can play for their old club (or not) but are delayed playing for new club by 4-5 weeks.

In case you hadn't noticed, the whole country - companies, universities, schoolchildren, hospital operations, weddings, house sales etc etc are all on hold.  I'm sure Alan and and Shaun can cope with a delay. It's certainly less damaging overall than forcing relegation on Stranraer, Partick and Hearts - 3 companies that probably employ hundreds

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

2. So players in this position can play for their old club (or not) but are delayed playing for new club by 4-5 weeks.

In case you hadn't noticed, the whole country - companies, universities, schoolchildren, hospital operations, weddings, house sales etc etc are all on hold.  I'm sure Alan and and Shaun can cope with a delay. It's certainly less damaging overall than forcing relegation on Stranraer, Partick and Hearts - 3 companies that probably employ hundreds

So Shaun Rooney, who has bought a house is Perth, and sold his on a specified date, is now forced to try and find accommodation in Inverness again, for an indefinite amount of time, to play for a club who no longer pay his wages?

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Fine if the transfer is between two SPFL clubs but what if someone's heading to England?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So Shaun Rooney, who has bought a house is Perth, and sold his on a specified date, is now forced to try and find accommodation in Inverness again, for an indefinite amount of time, to play for a club who no longer pay his wages?

Yes. See previous answer.

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If Hearts didn’t want relegated they should have won 2-0 in Paisley imo. 

A bit pedantic but 1-0 would've done - level on GD but they'd have been above us on goals scored!

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yes. See previous answer.

A player can't play for a club without a contract at this level. Rooneys contract ends at ICT, and begins at St Johnstone, in June. That can't be changed.

And the loanees from England?

If it's just pennies, then why all the absolute tear stained bollocks about existence threatened clubs now?
warnock.png&key=637c3c427d6e6c28bc2b870623c54da09f6bb8f4fb21006467f6e87d9e5dbe07
It's pennies for the teams at the bottom of their leagues, but a lot more for those nearer the top.