Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Because it can’t be done without calling an end to the season.

Says who?

Surely it can be if the clubs say it can.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Isnt that a question you need to ask your own club / Rangers  / ICT, rather than me?

A yes vote gets the money paid and the likes of Dundee Utd promoted

Disingenuous there to present a Yes vote as the only way of getting the money paid out.

It's not.

Why not just pay the money out?

Just now, JTS98 said:

Disingenuous there to present a Yes vote as the only way of getting the money paid out.

It's not.

Why not just pay the money out?

The SPFL came up with a way of getting the money paid and the league completed.

Dundee came up with some alternative nonsense which meant that (quelle surprise) Dundee Utd didnt get promotion.

Is that a better plan??????

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

How do you decide how much to hand out? I guess I’m not seeing how they’d manage monies should the season be restarted.

There will be payments next season. And the season after.

Surely any imbalance is just corrected over the next 2-3 years.

Why not?

The season has to end to allow next season to go ahead in some shape or form. There will likely be another surge of the virus during next season which will involve more lock downs and or clubs being unable to field a team. Having to finish this season is taking up valuable time from next season. Also need to abandon the league Cup and winter break. 

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Dundee came up with some alternative nonsense which meant that (quelle surprise) Dundee Utd didnt get promotion.

Again, I think you're being disingenuous.

I'm not talking about the merits or otherwise of Dundee's plan.

I'm saying that a Yes vote in this case is being presented as the only way to get the money to the clubs. That is obviously not true.

The clubs can just choose to have it paid out.

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

@bennettThat story sounds grand.............until you read the story.

The broadcasters still want their pound of flesh, whether it is in cash or additional matches next season or pushing the deal on a year or so - its just a deferral at best, in a league where the product is worth a lot more cash.

For us? We are in a different position where we are moving broadcast deals - I cant really see the same situation happening.

Ewan Murray tweeted this as well and its his usual "hot take" without actually considering the background.

Not exactly the doom and gloom scenario that was being mooted by the spfl and sections of our medi though.  If anything it seems  pretty reasonable and something we could deal with.

23 minutes ago, charger29 said:

BT are arguably more of a problem than Sky from what I've heard. They've got a fair bit less to lose with their deal running out at the end of the season.
Still can't see them wanting the negative attention it'll give them in the English press.

Piss off Scottish fans and they risk alienating Scottish customers. 

Something I've noticed in the current climate is that companies who have acted twattish have been brought to heel pretty quickly by the press and public opinion. 

32 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'm all for a top 16. 

Me too. Will let top 4 from each league to be promoted and no relegation. Clubs play each other twice. Split to top 8 and bottom 8. Four new clubs come into the league. Everyone happy. Won't happen though as there would only be 3 old firm games. They ruin everything. 

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That is obviously not true.

The clubs can just choose to have it paid out.

Nope, I agreed with you on the prev page, but I did mention that it isn't as simple as you think.

First, clubs have to agree on the resolution.

Second, it will have a threshold and potentially voting period of 28 days.

I note that you didn't respond to those wee wrinkles earlier, so just repeating in case you missed them.

1 minute ago, Oldchap said:

Me too. Will let top 4 from each league to be promoted and no relegation. Clubs play each other twice. Split to top 8 and bottom 8. Four new clubs come into the league. Everyone happy. Won't happen though as there would only be 3 old firm games. They ruin everything. 

We would need to renegotiate the TV deal and nobody in their right mind would want to do that.

11 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Yet the plan you want meant that (quelle surprise) Hearts get relegated.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Nope, I agreed with you on the prev page, but I did mention that it isn't as simple as you think.

First, clubs have to agree on the resolution.

Second, it will have a threshold and potentially voting period of 28 days.

I note that you didn't respond to those wee wrinkles earlier, so just repeating in case you missed them.

They are not wrinkles.

This is a members' organisation that is beholden to no higher power when it comes to these matters.

There is absolutely nothing stopping them paying the money out. Who do you think would intervene to stop them?

You're inventing obstacles. They don't exist.

Which clubs do you think would be opposed to the money being paid out? And why?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yet the plan you want meant that (quelle surprise) Hearts get relegated.

Not the plan I want. The one 85% of professional clubs voted Yes to.

And let's not forget, it wasn't Hibs that came up with that plan.

Fud

45 minutes ago, charger29 said:

BT are arguably more of a problem than Sky from what I've heard. They've got a fair bit less to lose with their deal running out at the end of the season.
Still can't see them wanting the negative attention it'll give them in the English press.

Why would the English press give a flying fcuk

Why would the English press give a flying fcuk

You don't think it would be mentioned at all in any form of English press, radio, podcasts, Twitter/Facebook accounts if several clubs say owing BT money out of the blue was what pushed them over the edge? Not saying it will be the top news story in every paper until the end of time, only that it would receive criticism. Which it obviously would.

20 minutes ago, charger29 said:

You don't think it would be mentioned at all in any form of English press, radio, podcasts, Twitter/Facebook accounts if several clubs say owing BT money out of the blue was what pushed them over the edge? Not saying it will be the top news story in every paper until the end of time, only that it would receive criticism. Which it obviously would.

Scottish football is regarded with contempt down there. If a club went bust up here for any reason at all they wouldnt care.