Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Scottish football is regarded with contempt down there. If a club went bust up here for any reason at all they wouldnt care. 
I don't see it as black and white as that. Yes it might be a very light shade of grey, ignoring the leagues 98% of the time, but criticism is criticism and I don't see BT wanting to deal with something like that at this time.

15 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Scottish football is regarded with contempt down there. If a club went bust up here for any reason at all they wouldnt care. 

The Scottish coverage during the crisis has surprised me, far more than we usually get.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Why would the English press give a flying fcuk

Valid point. 

None of this apparent shambles is being reported down here. 

I haven't a clue what's really going on. 

That said, I don't care enough to go reading back either. 

You can guarantee, whatever the outcome, it'll be right embarrassing. 

Me too. Will let top 4 from each league to be promoted and no relegation. Clubs play each other twice. Split to top 8 and bottom 8. Four new clubs come into the league. Everyone happy. Won't happen though as there would only be 3 old firm games. They ruin everything. 

44 games is a long season even if we can start on time and don’t get another virus peak late in the year. We’ve tried 44 before and that’s why we have a split

However it would allow contingency plans for a truncated season 37 games (one round after the split) or a worst case 30 games (play each other twice, no split) to be laid in advance.

More broadly if we go for 16, stay with 12 or have some other number it’s important that we have contingency plans in place for shortening it that are agreed beforehand

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More broadly if we go for 16, stay with 12 or have some other number it’s important that we have contingency plans in place for shortening it that are agreed beforehand

Definitely. Like when an early exit point is written into the first series of a new tv show in case nobody watches it and they want to pull it early, next season needs to have a plan for what happens if we need to stop after 12, 20, 25 etc games.

Frankly, every season ever played in every sport from now on must be subject to such agreements.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Regarding the @sfpl vote , I’ve had this today from a top club CEO : “It clearly states in the resolution that a vote cannot be uncast.” Could be v interesting, depending on what can be proved was/wasn’t sent and was/wasn’t received

Not sure what needs to be proved. Dundee can confirm exactly what happened one way or other as to who screwed up - if anyone. 

30 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

So why won't they?

Well it would appear they voted No but before that message was counted they immediately countered it with another contact saying to disregard it. Claims that the Dee were pressed to change it doesnt really add up - why not Thistle or ICT? Why wait until the last vote if you are going to press clubs to get what you want? 

To me something went on in the boardroom at Dens. The why and what I have no idea. Was there a major conflict in that room over the vote and desperate measures were taken to stop it? Will the Dees Board reveal anything about that? Doubt it. 

Well it would appear they voted No but before that message was counted they immediately countered it with another contact saying to disregard it. Claims that the Dee were pressed to change it doesnt really add up - why not Thistle or ICT? Why wait until the last vote if you are going to press clubs to get what you want? 

To me something went on in the boardroom at Dens. The why and what I have no idea. Was there a major conflict in that room over the vote and desperate measures were taken to stop it? Will the Dees Board reveal anything about that? Doubt it. 

Have Dundee said anything else other than they are mad enough to be converting stuff to pdfs

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Have Dundee said anything else other than they are mad enough to be converting stuff to pdfs

That's the thing, it would take 5 minutes to say we fecked up the vote is No. They have done nothing which - rather than some conspiracy theory - makes me wonder what happened in the boardroom at Dens. Did things kick off around the original decision and are still ongoing? 

7 hours ago, Oldchap said:

Me too. Will let top 4 from each league to be promoted and no relegation. Clubs play each other twice. Split to top 8 and bottom 8. Four new clubs come into the league. Everyone happy. Won't happen though as there would only be 3 old firm games. They ruin everything. 

You could split 6/10 if the TV deal was a critical factor - particularly the 4 x OF matches. So, all play twice = 30 games. Top 6 play each other home and away (not unreasonable for 4 European places) - so 40 games. Bottom 10 play each other once - 39 games.

It wouldn't get voted through though because the bottom 10 would then only see both Rangers and Celtic at home once. As with everything else, self interest will prevail. 

In an ideal world , this would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of the 4 games against each other per season. We need a 16 or 18 team league all the way down the pyramid. Play each other twice. No boredom with seeing St Mirren vs Hamilton say 4 times in the league plus in both cups with potential replays. No offence to Hamilton, insert any club you like. The self interest in having 4 bigot fests a season is the only valid reason for our tiny leagues. Get rid of it and increase the leagues

22 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

In an ideal world , this would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of the 4 games against each other per season. We need a 16 or 18 team league all the way down the pyramid. Play each other twice. No boredom with seeing St Mirren vs Hamilton say 4 times in the league plus in both cups with potential replays. No offence to Hamilton, insert any club you like. The self interest in having 4 bigot fests a season is the only valid reason for our tiny leagues. Get rid of it and increase the leagues

Increase the leagues Decrease the TV money 

Also those wee daddy teams would loose 2 old firm games , a big part of their income