Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

5 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Apparently Mark Burchill is a scout for Bouurnemouth and they are planning for no fans at games until March !!!

Bournemouth only make about 6% of their income from match day income (including hospitality). As long as they remain in the Premier League they don't need fans

Just now, Lobby Dossar said:

Nay that’s just the English Premiership for you …… don’t give f**k about anyone else but themselves 

Its BIG business … … … No longer a Sport !!!! 

Yip

stop giving a f**k about English football ages ago. Wages are obscene

13 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Think this is the problem though there is huge variation through all of Europe as to when the expect to get going again.

Austria and Germany looking to get going soon.

Most big leagues looking to go in June and July .

UEFA will use the five big leagues as a guideline.

If the likes of England are going being closed doors in June will UEFA accept we can’t get going till September despite what sturgeon says .

Also if sturgeon says can’t have football behind closed doors , where does that leave us with UEFA .

I suppose netherlands are in a similar position

Big bad Nicola really has you raging.

14 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Think this is the problem though there is huge variation through all of Europe as to when the expect to get going again.

Austria and Germany looking to get going soon.

Most big leagues looking to go in June and July .

UEFA will use the five big leagues as a guideline.

If the likes of England are going being closed doors in June will UEFA accept we can’t get going till September despite what sturgeon says .

Also if sturgeon says can’t have football behind closed doors , where does that leave us with UEFA .

I suppose netherlands are in a similar position

1. For a start I think we should be taking our advice from Sturgeon on what's best for our country and people and not effin UEFA who are only concerned about the "big five" and their TV dosh. 

2. Austria and Germany have handled this virus considerably better than the UK. The UK has 3 times the amount of deaths than these 2 countries have combined 

3. f**k the EPL. They dont need fans coming through the gates to survive. 

Edited by Bohemian

Nay that’s just the English Premiership for you …… don’t give f**k about anyone else but themselves 
Its BIG business … … … No longer a Sport !!!! 

Exactly this. The vile Saudi Government buying Newcastle raises no issues with either the government nor the FA. Money talks

Guest DAVIDB69
1. For a start I think we should be taking our advice from Sturgeon on what's best for our country and people and not effin UEFA who are only concerned about the "big five" and their TV dosh. 
2. Austria and Germany have handled this virus considerably better than the UK. The UK has 3 times the amount of deaths than these 2 countries have combined 
3. f**k the EPL. They dont need fans coming through the gates to survive. 

I agree with the vast majority , however no one really knows what qualifies as a special case anyway with UEFA

If football is closed according to sturgeon , that doesn’t mean UEFA will accept that, we could be asked to play games in neighbouring countries for example

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

If football is closed according to sturgeon , that doesn’t mean UEFA will accept that, we could be asked to play games in neighbouring countries for example

UEFA have no jurisdiction here. The are a private body dealing with private companies. As there is currently a travel ban within the UK UEFA can make any declarations they want but they are totally meaningless. CAS would throw out any punishment UEFA decided to throw at a club adhering to the laws of the land.

23 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I agree with the vast majority , however no one really knows what qualifies as a special case anyway with UEFA

😄

Guest DAVIDB69
UEFA have no jurisdiction here. The are a private body dealing with private companies. As there is currently a travel ban within the UK UEFA can make any declarations they want but they are totally meaningless. CAS would throw out any punishment UEFA decided to throw at a club adhering to the laws of the land.

I was thinking mainly in the sense of European ties as there seems to be plans of finishing this seasons Europe in August and starting next seasons in August as well.

So if that is the case and we get to August , we would be giving options of how to play the early ties or being withdrawn from them , if the government insists on no to even any closed door games at that point.

The same as war areas when they cannot play games on their own territory

I would astonished if we had a uk travel ban in August still.

38 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

You might qualify as a special case mate