1st Club to go into Administration?

Which Club, if any will go into Administration first?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Just as the thread title suggest....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/20 at 14:45

Just now, DA Baracus said:

It's almost like they don't get that this is a totally unique situation (one we may never see again in our lifetimes) and calls for a solution that is similarly unique.

Too many folk are trying to apply regularly thinking to an irregular situation.

Thinking doesn't come naturally to the majority of football supporters.

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

There is no way another ball will be kicked for months, not ending the season is just delaying the inevitable so fair enough pay the money but to do that you need to accept the current league positions or share the money equally. What's the alternative if you are going to pay out ? If you don't accept the season has finished and want to pay the prize money then it has to be equally divided 42 ways. How else do you determine who gets what ?

League position x 80%. Balance when sorted one way or another.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Why should Aberdeen be entitled to more prize money than Livingston?

Every body except Rangers should get more than Livingston, but that won't work either.

I just think that's the fairest way based on performance to the point they stopped. If it's divided by 42, why should Brechin get the same as Celtic?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

They're going to get more prize money than Livingston under the current proposal anyway.

What's the current proposal?

I think all 12 teams should take an even split of we're truly interested in saving the Scottish game.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Every body except Rangers should get more than Livingston, but that won't work either.

I just think that's the fairest way based on performance to the point they stopped. If it's divided by 42, why should Brechin get the same as Celtic?

I'd split each teams League bonuses between each of the leagues. Whatever money they have for next seasons league cup to be split between the lower leagues at a later date.

The current proposal is that if the top flight can't be finished then they'll base the placings on average points per game so far this season.

There will be no money for next season's League Cup if it doesn't get played - that gets paid by sponsors and broadcasters who won't pay it without the product.

Edited by craigkillie

Just now, Merkland Red said:

What's the current proposal?

I think all 12 teams should take an even split of we're truly interested in saving the Scottish game.

I'd split each teams League bonuses between each of the leagues. Whatever money they have for next seasons league cup to be split between the lower leagues at a later date.

I misunderstood you, some people had been asking for an even split across the divisions...or maybe I misunderstood them!

Just now, craigkillie said:

The current proposal is that if the top flight can't be finished then they'll base the placings on average points per game so far this season.

Can't see the league being left unfinished but didn't see the European Championships being delayed back in February.

Don't agree with the average points either.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I misunderstood you, some people had been asking for an even split across the divisions...or maybe I misunderstood them!

No problem. That method certainly wouldn't make sense to me but certainly wouldn't be the craziest proposal I've read here.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Do you seriously see games resuming in time to complete this season and start next. No chance. Unless it's 4 games a week behind closed doors which would be a farce

No, the opposite, I think it is unlikely that next season will start in August, so next season will be disrupted, therefore finishing this one whether in September, October or November means that only one season is disrupted.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

No, the opposite, I think it is unlikely that next season will start in August, so next season will be disrupted, therefore finishing this one whether in September, October or November means that only one season is disrupted.

Are you saying, if this season is finished in November it hasn't been disrupted? How would you fit a season in next season?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

There isn’t a problem with it, it probably is the sensible thing to do. But I get the impression that, regardless that most folk see it as the right thing to do, there is no way that the SPFL is going to release any more prize money unless the leagues are ended. So in the SPFL way it is actually one thing or the other, leagues ended and full prize money paid out, or we carry on waiting.

4 threads of PnBers up in arms would suggest there is a problem with a few on here,  damed if we do and damned if we don't...

Just abandoning the league and nominating winners and losers while there's still games to play doesn't sit well with me. The spfl is the clubs,  at times we seem to forget that.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you saying, if this season is finished in November it hasn't been disrupted? How would you fit a season in next season?

My point is that it would be completed.  Whereas I think there is a risk that next season will be disrupted anyway.  If we stop now we are likely to impact the length of 2 seasons.  We could complete this one whenever rules allow and then make what we can of next season.

if there is a guarantee that next season starts in August then that is a different discussion.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Because they need it more than Celtic and , more importantly ,they deserve it more than Celtic ( same for Rangers , well maybe not the first bit )

With totally different squads ??? In your scenario it would be far better just to start a new season ASAP. By the way I am in mo way advocating relegating anyone, we should be restructuring to avoid that but it does mean the 4 league leaders are Champions.

My point is that it would be completed.  Whereas I think there is a risk that next season will be disrupted anyway.  If we stop now we are likely to impact the length of 2 seasons.  We could complete this one whenever rules allow and then make what we can of next season.
if there is a guarantee that next season starts in August then that is a different discussion.

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

4 threads of PnBers up in arms would suggest there is a problem with a few on here,  damed if we do and damned if we don't...

Just abandoning the league and nominating winners and losers while there's still games to play doesn't sit well with me. The spfl is the clubs,  at times we seem to forget that.

What percentage of the prize money should Rangers receive, Bennett?

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What percentage of the prize money should Rangers receive, Bennett?

Stewart Robertson in his BBC interview reads as they'll accept anything......

"Rangers insist the SPFL should release prize money now rather than railroad rule changes"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52217121

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Stewart Robertson in his BBC interview reads as they'll accept anything......

"Rangers insist the SPFL should release prize money now rather than railroad rule changes"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52217121

I don't disagree with his thoughts on the relegation but we all know that's not the part of the vote he's concerned about.