Lockdown Achievements

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Managed to cycle to Asda Myrekirk and back through bits of Lochee and Charleston without getting stabbed.

These placed have gone downhill in my estimation.

On 26/03/2020 at 13:57, Bairnardo said:

I am playing with play doh. When did it stop being fun and start being a frenzied and stressful battle to stop them cross contaminating the colours?

Someone needs to invent play-doh that sorts itself back into its component colours at the end of a long day. With magnetic nanobeads of varying strength or some such. Anyone?

You can buy a fairly decent fluorescent cell sorting machine (FACS machine) for about £30K but I think that might be overspec'd and it might get bunged up. 

17 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Anytime I scarify my grass it looks horrendous for a few days. What’s the secret?

I killed off the moss first, it’s really dry this year so it just lifted out. Last time I did it there was massive holes and bare areas. Will add some seed and water tomorrow. Guess just doing it once a year makes it easier, I use a machine scarifier so maybe it helps to keep it uniform looking?

Im no expert gardener if it works well it’s down to luck more than any real clue, I hacked away a Pierus bush last year because it was growing against the wall. Now it’s come back looking amazing, total fluke.

:lol:

Painted the fence earlier,  paints soaked in and looks like it hasn't been painted.  Tomorrow's task sorted.
Got a second coat on mine today and it's looking grand. Doing the wee in between bits was a pain in the arse. Took me ages.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I use a machine scarifier...

I hacked away a Pierus bush last year because it was growing against the wall. Now it’s come back looking amazing, total fluke.

Scarifiers come with bags that are at least, at least 10 times too small. Make it look feasible, then it all becomes about the bag-emptying. I usually leave if off after a few emptyings.

Pieris often looks good in a garden. I'm seeing quite a few when out and about on the daily walk these days.

1 hour ago, sugna said:

Scarifiers come with bags that are at least, at least 10 times too small. Make it look feasible, then it all becomes about the bag-emptying. I usually leave if off after a few emptyings.

Pieris often looks good in a garden. I'm seeing quite a few when out and about on the daily walk these days.

Yeah, I just reverse and let it all pile up then rake it up with a lawn rake. The bag/box thing is a token gesture, the first time I used it I filled up an entire wheelie bin. Where did my lawn go.

:lol: