Lockdown Achievements

f**k all achieved today. Lots of trampoline with the kids, 2 washing, a failed attempt to screw a fairy garden sign into the fence.

Lamentable lack of power washing stuff, and now less than 48 hours till I return to work [emoji53]

Are we still posting pictures of fast food mock ups?
IMG_20200411_123906_487.thumb.jpg.a87ee49678099228ed8df72a0de707f6.jpg

If we are this was my attempt at making chicken balls, fried rice and curry sauce last night. Absolutely outstanding, best chicken balls I’ve ever had!

IMG_0199.jpg

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

If we are this was my attempt at making chicken balls, fried rice and curry sauce last night. Absolutely outstanding, best chicken balls I’ve ever had!

IMG_0199.jpg

Did the curry sauce taste like chippy curry sauce? I’ve tried around half a dozen recipes to get that and can’t replicate it. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Did the curry sauce taste like chippy curry sauce? I’ve tried around half a dozen recipes to get that and can’t replicate it. 

The best curry sauce I’ve come across is this one 

CF35D98E-D3CA-4035-81E9-1DB5B28F0474.jpeg

IMG_0199.thumb.jpg.f897d7fc8c5715bfd5ab965a3db608f7.jpg
I had a bash at making fried rice like the chinese recently. Cooked and refrigerated the rice early doors which makes a big difference. Then I shredded some chicken and ham and tossed the chicken in a teriyaki type sauce (which I made too sweet incidentally) to get the takeaway style sauciness and darker colour.

It was very close to the real deal, but as I say, the sauce was a touch too sweet.

The best curry sauce I’ve come across is this one 
CF35D98E-D3CA-4035-81E9-1DB5B28F0474.thumb.jpeg.e586e0df7a07043ce083900893f25e6b.jpeg

Rugster, this is the sauce I used.

Bairnardo, I too chilled my rice after cooking first thing, does really help!

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Rugster, this is the sauce I used.

Bairnardo, I too chilled my rice after cooking first thing, does really help!

Thought it looked familiar, by the way your ball batter looks tremendous 

Not sure if it’s an achievement but for the first time in my life I have something approximating a beard.  It would probably look more effective if it wasn’t primarily white.  If we get another three weeks of lockdown I’ll maybe keep it going.

Credit to my wife she hasn’t said anything.  I’ve noticed her stealing glances and shaking her head, but after 44 years of marriage that could be for anything.