The SPFL recommendation?

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Looks like they want everyone to agree to stop the season now and then they'll make it up.as they go along after that on who goes up etc. They cant clarify anything till the top flight is sorted out.

They arent making anything up. All 42 clubs have had multiple meetings and this is the proposal put forward.

The top flight is just waiting on UEFA making their mind up, and will then go ahead of with ending with points per game deciding things.

13 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Don’t think Hearts will be needing a passport for European football

4 clubs will be though, a third of the league.

It's truly a shite situation. I'm of the belief that we could/can win the league in the remaining fixtures and this was reflected throughout the club. If we had done this, I would've loved to have been in the stands and celebrating with my mates at the game.  Lower league football is built on experiences like this - your day in the sun. The ones that make it worth the trips to Peterhead or Montrose in the freezing cold winter afternoons worth it. It's what separates you from the armchair fans who sit on twitter putting out generic views about "their" club in England. Two seasons ago we came agonisingly close to winning the league against Alloa - I'd love to have that replaced with an afternoon watching some Rovers legends (McGurn, Baird, Anderson and McGlynn) lifting a league title with a team who have played some of our best football in years.  

League 1 currently has the most interesting title challenge in Scotland at the moment. Four or Five teams could look at the picture and say "We've got a chance here"  (all to different degrees) but realistically speaking, there's no chance a ball will be kicked before the end of June. The UK overall had just under 900 deaths from CV-19 yesterday alone - I'd be amazed if the new league season isn't delayed to some degree too.  

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Only if you believe the team currently at the top of the league have achieved something. How can you be wronged when you haven't achieved anything? 

If you'd won the league and we couldn't complete the play offs and voided the season I could see how you've been wronged. Its a kick in the balls no doubt as you've every chance to win it, but so do Falkirk, or even Montrose, so declaring champions clearly "wrongs" more clubs than voiding it does. I suspect you'll see that in voting pattern too.

Then the pendulum swings the other way. Some clubs will be able to completely overhaul their squads/replace their managers and some will be forced into budget cuts - Rovers being a prime example. Either way, some clubs will suffer as a result of a freak situation which is completely outwith their control.  We're very fortunate that we're top of the league at the moment and in a position where we can look at numerous circumstances (top at the half way point, top based on average points) and come off favourably. We've been in this league for three seasons. It's been a thoroughly rotten experience so it wouldn't surprise me if it continues.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is it going to be a public vote do we know? Always good to know who voted what when it comes to deciding who to give my cash to on away trips next season.

Out of interest, why would you boycott a club who vote for this? 

Is it going to be a public vote do we know? Always good to know who voted what when it comes to deciding who to give my cash to on away trips next season.

😂 how very Rangers.

Every club will vote for their own benefit. If Falkirk were top youd vote for it even if it fucked over every other side.

Welcome to the world.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂 how very Rangers.

Every club will vote for their own benefit. If Falkirk were top youd vote for it even if it fucked over every other side.

Welcome to the world.

I'd be quite happy for us to vote against it if we were in raiths position.  Woildnt want to see us win the league in this sort of situation. I'd rather null and void it than that.  I'd also be looking for more concrete guarantees on reconstruction whilst the situation is open to that. At the moment this aye we'll have a wee chat on it if you voted yes doesnt hold water with me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Out of interest, why would you boycott a club who vote for this? 

Clubs like airdrie, east fife and montrose still have a chance of winning the league. They should be voting no and  at least trying to get a guarantee of league reconstruction instead of if you say yes will maybe have a wee chat about it knowing full well it'll never happen.  Vote yes now and not only are you giving up any chance of getting anywhere this season they're also giving up the chance to put more pressure on the bigger clubs to get reconstruction through.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cove will be a yes so you can at least escape your two pumpings by them.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Cove will be a yes so you can at least escape your two pumpings by them.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

They've got a lot of complete dross in their squad and a complete clown as the manager. I wont be shaking in my boots facing them. He actually paid cash for rory McAllister who is completely finished as a player.

2 minutes ago, McBrian said:

it's either finish it when it can be finished or the season is null and void.

If thats not going to happen its 2up and nil down for one season then relegate two and back to playoffs the season after.

Youd have to relegate 3 next season, unless you dont plan on anyone getting promoted.

Partick saying pay out the prize money and then let's take our time  about what happens next.  League reconstruction should be part of this whole discussion and not just a carrot that might never come into fruition.

It would certainly be useful if the SPFL would clarify the rules surrounding prize money so that we could all understand if finishing the league to get it were an imperative, or simply the board's preference.

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

There are many Falkirk fans that even if we were top would only accept the title based on all games being played. We’ve already been rogered on promotion by the change of rules as you fancy by the self preservation society. Neil Doncaster and the rest of these blazers have taken this abhorrent decision based on what ? 

For clarification and as mentioned should this abhorrent decision stand I would ask all genuine fans to review next seasons away games. Falkirk spend on average between £200/£250K at away games.  Don’t bite the hand that feeds you..... 

THE BLUE POUND! 

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

How about finishing this season whenever possible with NEXT season taking the hit - maybe just an 18 game mini season?

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

So we lose 18 games rather than 8?

As CALDERON notes, you are trading 4 hame games (for most teams) eventually for the loss of 9 home games certain. It make no sense to impact the 2020-2021 season length adversely in order to “resolve” the 2019-2020 season.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

League revonstruction aswell in my humble opinion is also coming along with this 

As I’ve suggested elsewhere, this proposal will pass because the teams already know the manner of restructuring that will occur after this passes. Let’s think this over...

A change to 3 14 team divisions would paper over most of the objections to promotion/relegation. Hearts relegation to the Championship is voided if the top two Championship teams are promoted instead...the only complainers then are Dundee and Ayr, and they both knew their promotion chances were small. The middle tier of 14 includes the top six from League One, so no one feels left out there, and only Cove are truly bent about the new lowest 14 grouping, which they should skoosh next year. So, how then do you buy off the Highland/Lowland League? Easy, while there is no promotion this year, make it two promotions/demotions going forward.

So we end up with three 14 team divisions, each play 26 games, and then split 7 and 7. You get another 12 matches, with one team a week having a rest, which builds time to makeup matches and for injuries to recover. Top two promoted, and a playoff between the next 6 (the rest of the top half and the top team of the bottom half) to play the third bottom of the league above. Bottom two demoted, and the third to play the winner of the playoffs to stay up or be relegated.

Thats a 38 game season for all, two rest weeks late in the season, extra games for teams 3-8 and more movement between divisions.