West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

The issue is there'll be some teams in a 17 team division next season with 34 gameweeks, plus the SCC and possibly a WoS Cup and possibly Scottish Cup for Girvan, (BOD) and Talbot. I just can't see them fitting these games in as is. So I think there's an argument for the Junior Cup to take a year out next season with everything that's going on. It can come back in '21-22, maybe slightly revamped as a big Tier 6 and below cup. 

I know it won't be particularly popular, but it's probably the sensible thing to do.

Edited by ArabAuslander

1 minute ago, ArabAuslander said:

The issue is there'll be some teams in a 17 team like next season with 34 matchdays, plus the SCC and possibly a WoS Cup and possibly Scottish Cup for Girvan, (BOD) and Talbot. I just can't see them fitting these games in as is. So I think there's an argument for the Junior Cup to take a year out next season with everything that's going on. It can come back in '21-22, maybe slightly revamped as a big Tier 6 and below cup. 

I know it won't be particularly popular, but it's probably the sensible thing to do.

17 teams would be 32 match days mate... but I take your point... I don't think there will be any appetite for the Junior Cup next season

Just now, DanMan said:

17 teams would be 32 match days mate... but I take your point... I don't think there will be any appetite for the Junior Cup next season

34 as a one side would be "resting" each week. 32 Matchdays, but 34 Gameweeks. Should have been clearer.

1 minute ago, ArabAuslander said:

34 as a one side would be "resting" each week. 32 Matchdays, but 34 Gameweeks. Should have been clearer.

As I say, I got your point.. Hence why , I doubt there will be much interest in the Junior Cup

4 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

The issue is there'll be some teams in a 17 team division next season with 34 gameweeks, plus the SCC and possibly a WoS Cup and possibly Scottish Cup for Girvan, (BOD) and Talbot. I just can't see them fitting these games in as is. So I think there's an argument for the Junior Cup to take a year out next season with everything that's going on. It can come back in '21-22, maybe slightly revamped as a big Tier 6 and below cup. 

Or it just carries on with those in Junior leagues. Next season you're only going to have 24-26 league games in the North Region and 24 in the West Lothian League. Tayside would have 32 league games, but no SCC to worry about. Junior leagues can even have their season play into June as they don't have the restrictions of inter-league play-offs to manage.

23 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

It will be a fixture congestor as time goes on, can't see the numbers being triple figures (in total) for much longer.

By season 2021/22, I predict that a minimum of six WoSL clubs, and probably more, will have obtained an SFA licence, and will therefore enter the Scottish Cup. This will further congest the fixture calendar, and interest in the Junior Cup will fade. year on year, as more clubs become licensed.  

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Or it just carries on with those in Junior leagues. Next season you're only going to have 24-26 league games in the North Region and 24 in the West Lothian League. Tayside would have 32 league games, but no SCC to worry about. Junior leagues can even have their season play into June as they don't have the restrictions of inter-league play-offs to manage.

Exactly, there is no reason to scrap the Junior Cup for next season, at most let the West clubs not take part for 1 season.

9 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

We don't know when season will start, we don't know if fans will be allowed in,we don't know yet who we will be playing.

Yet some of the offers being made to players would frighten you.

Some serious Russian roulette being played.

Have also heard this some teams really seem to be going after it but not sure some of the offers are to be believed  ??

9 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

We don't know when season will start, we don't know if fans will be allowed in,we don't know yet who we will be playing.

Yet some of the offers being made to players would frighten you.

Some serious Russian roulette being played.

was actually thinking that, so when will these contracts start, not your typical start date as we maybe months before a game is played so many teams wont be able to pay out money and even then when we do start back we may not have any spectators allowed into the games, no paying customers,  not good

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Clubs offering £500 a week, ffs. See for me, thats unsustainable, id just like the Bankies to get licensed and look at promotion some time after we are settled, these clubs cannot sustain that level of wages.

Unsustainable long term but if, I dunno, Carluke are offering that to a handful of players and can afford it for one season it might be enough to ensure they are in the WoSFL Premier after a year. Would the financial benefits of being in the higher league that season mean it's worth a one season outlay?

Risky gamble but something that could be worth it if properly managed with a fall back if it blows up in their face.

There's also the "safety net" of doing a Rangers and starting at the bottom as a new club with no debts. They love a bit of that in Italy.