Ground improvement/works thread

33 minutes ago, Pareidolia said:

"...Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex where all works are now substantially complete and handover is due in May 2023."

Certainly looks complete. Can't imagine it will be sitting empty every second Saturday afternoon even if they aren't successful...

FwMl-qKWIAAFuxs?format=jpg&name=large

On 31/05/2023 at 19:15, Ginaro said:

Certainly looks complete. Can't imagine it will be sitting empty every second Saturday afternoon even if they aren't successful...

FwMl-qKWIAAFuxs?format=jpg&name=large

Into June 2023 and still no word on KRR going home or Finnart Star moving into Crownpoint on the Gallowgate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/06/2023 at 17:51, PossilYM said:

No word yet on KRR moving into the new ground or Finnart Star with Crownpoint?

Finnart have an update on their Twitter. can't believe I've beat you to this. You live 2 minutes away and I'm in another time zone. 1-0 to me. 😋😋😋

IMG_20230701_083241.thumb.jpg.7d60565c8da3370e9f47ae942b096e60.jpgIMG_20230701_083246.thumb.jpg.4daf1d020eaa6482b92f605bdc06e6e1.jpg

Edited by HorseyGhirl

• 5 weeks later...
On 31/07/2023 at 17:26, Mediocre Pundit said:

WTF - works complete and only then they find that the ground is contaminated? The lawyers will enjoy that one if true…

That can’t possibly be true as all of that would have been investigated before anything went through planning or the ground was constructed.It would be unbelievable if something now has been found!

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

That can’t possibly be true as all of that would have been investigated before anything went through planning or the ground was constructed.It would be unbelievable if something now has been found!

I asked the question on here and was told by two people that was the case off the forum, i hope it isnt the case because most of the folks at Rob Roy are good guys. 

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I asked the question on here and was told by two people that was the case off the forum, i hope it isnt the case because most of the folks at Rob Roy are good guys. 

Have to agree with you about the people at RobRoy  Always have  been for as long as i can remember never any hassle when you play them apart from Kevin Green who is a grade A tosser after his antics on Saturday

On 02/08/2023 at 06:49, Andy groundhopper said:

Hopefully this isnt the case, the preliminary work should have revealed any problems. Is the ground built on any ex coal mines or landfill sights etc ? Good luck KRR

I don’t believe this is the case. I believe they’re in final contract/agreements with the council. EDC as usual taking the p*ss and dragging it on as long as possible. Everything his hush hush. No one in the EDC/local government wants to take responsibility for putting money towards the facility. Whole thing has been a shambles since day one.

7 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

I don’t believe this is the case. I believe they’re in final contract/agreements with the council. EDC as usual taking the p*ss and dragging it on as long as possible. Everything his hush hush. No one in the EDC/local government wants to take responsibility for putting money towards the facility. Whole thing has been a shambles since day one.

Is it ever going to happen?