Ground improvement/works thread

25 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I thought Clyde were moving to Crown Point?

Clyde have only put in a bid. As have Finnart. The media have only covered Clyde's bid which gives the impression that they are the only show in town, but they're not, and Finnart are from Bridgeton.

20 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I thought Clyde were moving to Crown Point?

@PossilYM is more in the know than I. I believe Clyde, Finnart and possibly one other have put in a proposal for primary user.

8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

The third party in the Crownpoint bid are Glasgow Athletic.

That is something which has been posted previously on P&B, maybe this thread, not sure. If I recall correctly Glasgow Athletic already use the existing facilities and have been comparing working with Clyde and Finnart in future so that they can submit their views/preference to the Council. They might be the King Makers - and also another medium term possible WoS club.

This copied from a post today by LeedsPhil on the NLM site:

Knightswood played their first match at Scotstoun (one of the outside 3Gs), but then their next 2 were moved to North Kelvinside Primary School 3G (Sat 5 & Mon 14 Aug).
At the first one of those I was told that they had had the Scotstoun pitch booked for that match too, but Scotstoun cancelled their booking due to athletics taking over the whole complex that day.
So just temporary use of the Primary School, and Knightswood will be back to Scotstoun. ...but only for the rest of this season :
Work will start in October on their own ground, with target completion in May, to be used from the start of the 2024-25 season. "It is being modelled on Benburb".  "

Anyone know where their new ground will be located?

Edited by Dev

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Knightswood played their first match at Scotstoun (one of the outside 3Gs), but then their next 2 were moved to North Kelvinside Primary School 3G (Sat 5 & Mon 14 Aug).
At the first one of those I was told that they had had the Scotstoun pitch booked for that match too, but Scotstoun cancelled their booking due to athletics taking over the whole complex that day.
So just temporary use of the Primary School, and Knightswood will be back to Scotstoun. ...but only for the rest of this season :
Work will start in October on their own ground, with target completion in May, to be used from the start of the 2024-25 season. "It is being modelled on Benburb".  "

No idea but it leaves me thinking what was that BSC Glasgow/OG Broomhill "we want a ground" story about the last decade or so. Running around getting articles in the Evening Times wanting the council to build them a stadium in Victoria Park and annoying the life out of ever club north of the River Clyde.

Knightswood FC come along and say give us a year and we'll have our own pitch sorted out 

33 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

No idea but it leaves me thinking what was that BSC Glasgow/OG Broomhill "we want a ground" story about the last decade or so. Running around getting articles in the Evening Times wanting the council to build them a stadium in Victoria Park and annoying the life out of ever club north of the River Clyde.

Knightswood FC come along and say give us a year and we'll have our own pitch sorted out 

Looking good for Knightswood!

I remember when BSC played hibs in the cup, believe that was around 2016. All the focus was them getting a park of their own. No idea where the plans and aspirations went. Now at Dumbarton, no sign a new ground anytime soon. 

36 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

Looking good for Knightswood!

I remember when BSC played hibs in the cup, believe that was around 2016. All the focus was them getting a park of their own. No idea where the plans and aspirations went. Now at Dumbarton, no sign a new ground anytime soon. 

And now Broomhill or whatever the latest version of the name is, completely split off from the original club.

20 hours ago, Dev said:

I believe it is on the site of the old Yoker Sports Centre pitch on Speirshall Terrace...or Langholm Street to the older generation. Not 100% on that.

Not sure why it was felt a good idea to admit them this season with this clearly an ongoing ground issue that will obviously be sorted by May and next season.

15 hours ago, JuniorRaver said:

Any news on KRR’s ground? Drove by a few weeks ago place is 100% complete and ready to go. Still nothing being said by EDC and KRR

Surely this whole saga must be resolved soon.Is it now 10 years since they left Adamslie?

10 hours ago, not man of the match said:

I believe it is on the site of the old Yoker Sports Centre pitch on Speirshall Terrace...or Langholm Street to the older generation. Not 100% on that.

Not sure why it was felt a good idea to admit them this season with this clearly an ongoing ground issue that will obviously be sorted by May and next season.

The gravel pitch at langy ain't been used in years can't c it being ready for May tbh. 

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, JuniorRaver said:

Not sure if this has been brought up in another thread, I see Ashfield are now groundsharing with Easterhouse for the rest of the season. Their pitch doesn’t meet the requirements for the first Divison. 
Very Sad to seem them move out of the old Ashfield Stadium.

What requirements are they then? Is there different requirements for different divisions?

2 hours ago, lokforever said:

requirements have nothing to do with it.

See this kind of post bugs me. Basically commenting that you know what it is but not willing to share. 

Are you willing to share your knowledge?

Edited by jimbaxters