Ground improvement/works thread

• 3 weeks later...

Now I wouldn't normally reference any political party literature (especially as it pretends to purport to be some sort of "newspaper") but there are some intriguing tidbits here.

One is the concept of "football back in Kirkintilloch" and the other more relevant one relating to the lease not actually agreed...20230918_163926.thumb.jpg.234ba5e21482f505895e802f3a1d1250.jpg

3 hours ago, Pareidolia said:

Now I wouldn't normally reference any political party literature (especially as it pretends to purport to be some sort of "newspaper") but there are some intriguing tidbits here.

One is the concept of "football back in Kirkintilloch" and the other more relevant one relating to the lease not actually agreed...20230918_163926.thumb.jpg.234ba5e21482f505895e802f3a1d1250.jpg

The Compo Faces Thread for this p***.

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

There's supposedly a second astro park being put in.

I believe the new park is to be the main pitch for the senior side. If my info is correct there will be increased spectator space and viewing area with some spectator facilities within the cage area.

Yes it is still a cage but at least the club are trying to improve the spectator experience.

Wonder if Ashfield will become a long term tenant at Stepford?

On 18/09/2023 at 17:22, Pareidolia said:

So from that article my understanding would be that the SNP are the largest party but don't hold a majority. There was a proposal which the SNP voted against but the motion was carried anyway, and now the SNP led council are refusing to implement the decision?

Anyone know who was granted the lease, and who the other parties would have preferred to have been given it? (

(FWIW, the wording of "bringing football back to Kirky" makes me think Rabs were given the lease.)

Edited by peasy23

19 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe worth having a look at the council website to find the agenda/minutes of these council and committee meetings, if you want to find out more about the motions/votes rather than relying on the Lib Dems.

"The Chief Solicitor & Monitoring Officer advised that the terms of the original Report on this matter, including the identity of the preferred bidder remained confidential as per the decision of the Council. As part of her update to Council on 9th March, she had advised that Officers had offered a Licence to Occupy to expedite occupancy of the site. Officers had not sought and did not require to seek Council approval to enter into a Licence to Occupy and this was not sought at the meeting. Instead, she had updated Members as to progress with the transaction which included the offer of the Licence. For this reason, it was not included within the original Minute. She advised that subject to the agreement of Council, the Minute would be amended to reflect that Officers had offered the Licence to Occupy."

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Kirkintilloch is hosting a cup game next week: Rossvale v Darvel.

Rossvale are a West Dunbartonshire outfit, so it is a local club.

2 minutes ago, holmparkheroes said:

East Dunbartonshire HG.

Oh yeah cheers, East. Don't know where my head was earlier, been doing horsey stuff since five so brain is obviously whack-a-doodle.

But you know what I meant. At least it's an ED region club that's getting first use. Hopefully a sign of what's to come rather than it getting hired out to interlopers from the Big City.

Presumably this is because both users of Huntershill, West Park United and Rossvale, are at home in the Junior Cup next Saturday, so instead of moving to the Friday/Sunday Rossvale have found an alternative ground. Maybe Kirkintilloch Sports Complex only opens from October so it's just unfortunately that Rob Roy don't have another home game until 11th November.

However saying that, it appears Rob Roy did have a SRCC home game on Saturday 14th, but it was switched Hurlford as Cumbernauld United were at home as well...

Edited by Ginaro