Ground improvement/works thread

19 minutes ago, trialist said:

Interesting views on artificial surfaces, Stirling Albion are the only team in League 1 with a GRASS pitch!  Why would some WOS club fans be against it if it were to drive more revenue into their club? 

Stirling hosted the best non league geme ive seen this year, Stirling Uni v Albion Rovers. Grass park. 
Darvel v Aberdeen Grass park. 
Pollok v Annan grass park

Compare Cumnock v Dumbarton pish 

That said an Astro is better than a coo field. All the above names parks are gid.

Gemes on the Astro are too stand-off ish.

I’d like to see a comparison in gemes oan Astro goals scored v gemes on the grass. Willing to bet it’s less. 

Just now, Ben10 said:

Stirling hosted the best non league geme ive seen this year, Stirling Uni v Albion Rovers. Grass park. 
Darvel v Aberdeen Grass park. 
Pollok v Annan grass park

Compare Cumnock v Dumbarton pish 

That said an Astro is better than a coo field. All the above names parks are gid.

Gemes on the Astro are too stand-off ish.

I’d like to see a comparison in gemes oan Astro goals scored v gemes on the grass. Willing to bet it’s less. 

Ps tryin to appeal to the masses wi less local vocab!!

52 minutes ago, trialist said:

Interesting views on artificial surfaces, Stirling Albion are the only team in League 1 with a GRASS pitch!  Why would some WOS club fans be against it if it were to drive more revenue into their club? 

They would rather watch a game in a dilapidated ground with no cover and very little facilities on a cow field because astros the devil. 
Its good enough for the Champions League but not the WoS 🤯

Edited by Kenny*******Powers

5 hours ago, trialist said:

Because they are idiots.

Quick wan on this. I think the Astros built in to the older grounds are better. 
cumnock and largs bein two of the better wans. Kelty as well Tbf. 
That said canny beat a right god skidding slide tackle. 

Cages. Soulless. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

I think you were, you old duffer, as you posted about it at the time. 

Reality and fantasy all merge in to one these days more often tha not.

I'm not the worst though. Long standing stories, usually told at funerals etc get more fantastical every time.

Some pics and info on the new Kirkintilloch ground. Certainly better than a cage though apparently needs bigger nets/fencing behind the goals (wonder how many balls will be lost to the canal!) - similar to Kelty you could add more cover etc so I can see why one club would want to make sure it is "theirs" before investing in the facilities.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/10/2023 at 06:35, Only one David Marsh said:

GCC asked us for "points of clarity" in the middle of september which meant according to our relocation group no decision in October was likely 

The point of clarity being "why should we give it to a shiteshow like Clyde?"