League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Another word salad topped of with your signature virgin oil.
Nelms just tried to make a difference to try and improve the whole Scottish game, we never had anything to gain or lose from this, so I don't know why you think you're being smug? 
Methadone Mick gonna Methadone Mick.

As far as I gathered, they just dont want reconstruction right now.
Most just want to focus, and have the league focus, on how to survive this. Its mentioned that reconstruction talks can start again, if theres an appetite for it, once we're through this pandemic.
I'll stick my neck out and say all the clubs mewling about reconstruction likely won't want it in 12 months when they likely find themselves promoted etc., anyway.
I personally don't think it's even a case of now - they don't want it full stop.

5 hours ago, ecto said:

Of course,  but this is just about the club's below the top flight, doing the right thing, you cannot disagree, that Brora and Kelty have been shafted

Erm no they haven't, they only earned the chance at a promotion playoff and not promotion itself: just like nine teams would have got in the SPFL. But those can't possibly take place for obvious reasons so that's just tough luck. 

16 minutes ago, ecto said:

Is it the only four teams you know, from them leagues?

If you don't know why we can file your knowledge of lower league football and any subsequent opinions on who has earned what and what is fair or not in the bin.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise that League Two clubs fucked over the vote by saying that they would only vote for a 14-14-14 set up that didnt involve Brora/Kelty coming up dont you?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/edinburgh-city-back-new-league-18159333.amp&ved=0ahUKEwij5fmdpabpAhUzThUIHas9CLQ4ChDIzwEIUzAJ&usg=AOvVaw3u41p9tfA0oZAZqCANuci7&ampcf=1

Literally no other option was put to top flight sides other than 14-14-14, as the League Two sides grenaded any talks that involved Kelty/Brora getting promoted.

If you're on about self interest ruining the talks, you're targeting the wrong people.

Wasn’t there a 14/14/16 alternative being promoted?  In addition the key point L2 clubs were making was that rushing through a reconstruction for expediency’s sake wasn’t desirable in the current situation and that they did not want just a premier driven solution with colts, splits and regionalisation

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Richard Gordon sums up the Aberdeen position in the P&G and the Chairman's shite about future discussions on reconstruction. It was only ever going to happen now, if at all.

sat.thumb.JPG.071166da974f0e26df3d203ab73c0ec0.JPG

The fact that it was only ever going to happen now tells you all you need to know about it.  It's purely motivated by self-preservation veiled as some attempt at improving Scottish football.

If these clubs genuinely want to improve Scottish football then where were the demands and constant lobbying for league reconstruction prior to the covid19 pandemic?

When Hearts were away spending six figure sums in January confident they'd still be part of a 12 team top league for the foreseeable future, I never once heard Ann Budge or Hearts fans calling for a change to the league set-up.  This is the same woman who has openly stated "we all know there are too many clubs in the Scottish football league set up".  So she'd happily see a fair few smaller clubs disappear so that her own club get a bigger slice of the cash on offer.  Her stance now is cringeworthy and embarrassing, there's so little self-awareness in it.

Scottish football is completely based on self-interest at every single level.  The voting structure and pandering to the OF ruin it and will do so for as long as they are in place. There are many improvements that could be made.  If it's felt that league reconstruction would make things better, then let's see Falkirk and Hearts etc come out with detailed proposals and options to be considered removed from the current crisis.  To negate any self interest in decision making, any changes would not come into being until 4 years in the future, or 2025-26 when the new tv deal ends.  That way clubs aren't voting to preserve their current status.

Wasn’t there a 14/14/16 alternative being promoted?  In addition the key point L2 clubs were making was that rushing through a reconstruction for expediency’s sake wasn’t desirable in the current situation and that they did not want just a premier driven solution with colts, splits and regionalisation

Yes but League 2 still seemed to be against allowing Kelty and Brora in with Stenhousemuir chairman pushing for two years no relegation

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Yes but League 2 still seemed to be against allowing Kelty and Brora in with Stenhousemuir chairman pushing for two years no relegation

Well the Stenhousemuir chairman maybe sensibly thought that there would be some recovery period required for some clubs who had been damaged by the pandemic - the Premier clubs didn’t seem to have anything other than next week in view.  12/12/12/12 over a few years could have remedied most problems but it was the Premier clubs driving change who would need to adjust the funding 

Well the Stenhousemuir chairman maybe sensibly thought that there would be some recovery period required for some clubs who had been damaged by the pandemic - the Premier clubs didn’t seem to have anything other than next week in view.  12/12/12/12 over a few years could have remedied most problems but it was the Premier clubs driving change who would need to adjust the funding 

Doesn’t seem very fair to me pulling up the drawbridge on LL and HL they only have 0.5 promotion spots between them and L2 want to take that away, what if every league want a closed shop until they recover?

59 minutes ago, ecto said:

Is it the only four teams you know, from them leagues?

42 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you don't know why we can file your knowledge of lower league football and any subsequent opinions on who has earned what and what is fair or not in the bin.

Only being flippant, yes these teams have a legitimate grevience

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm no they haven't, they only earned the chance at a promotion playoff and not promotion itself: just like nine teams would have got in the SPFL. But those can't possibly take place for obvious reasons so that's just tough luck. 

True, but these are exceptional circumstances, so possibly we have to do exceptional things

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Would Cowdenbeath as a club back the Stenhousemuir chairmans proposal of no relegation for two years?

I don’t know - what else is involved?  I would prefer a move progressively over 2/3 years to a 12//12/12/12 with no relegation in that period which addresses wider issues - but it mainly needs Premier clubs to give up some cash (small in overall terms)

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

Completely understand why the likes of Partick Thistle, Falkirk and even Hearts are upset. This issue has been completely blurred by Rangers' complete embarrassing of themselves.

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Doesn’t seem very fair to me pulling up the drawbridge on LL and HL they only have 0.5 promotion spots between them and L2 want to take that away, what if every league want a closed shop until they recover?

No idea I wasn’t proposing it but I certainly think rather than a hasty ill thought reconstruction that some sort of recovery measures are considered