League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Ric said:

The funny thing is that like Heart of Seethelothian, Partick have had a massive advantage over the teams around them at their end of the league yet still found themselves at the bottom. It's almost like these teams are using this to try and avoid accepting their failures.

I'm cringing for you here mate. 

Worse than Sevco, Hertz, Hivs, St Liedown and many others rolled into one.

If there was no way for the votes to get out, I reckon Ron and #respectherivalry Leann would be quite happy to vote for this. Uncle Roy being so definitive about his vote makes things very awkward for them, given the 10-2 threshold.

I've had an absolute beamer over the years for the letter-writing VL section of our support but now is their time to shine.

warnock.png

If clubs are to vote "for the good of Scottish football", they have to reject this move for reconstruction. The choice is to vote either for the good of 3 Scottish clubs (Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stanraer), or the good of the other 39 clubs.

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The 14-10-10-10 isn't reconstruction it's just to save the clubs giving lawyers their dosh.

It literally is reconstruction.

If Hearts try legal action, which I doubt they will, it would almost certainly fail and it would be they who would be liable for costs.

27 minutes ago, Lex said:

What’s wrong with 12-12-10-10?

What's wrong with 12-10-10-10?

That would be great, but because of PTFC "keeping their counsel", I am left to assume that PTFC would have quite happily voted for 14-14-14 and passed the "pain and financial harm" onto other sides, who weren't even consulted during the reconstruction talks. As would Hearts/Stranraer. 
"Choose to do no harm" indeed. I hope we are quite determined in harbouring a grudge.
I'm pretty confident that something which done no harm to anyone would have passed easily. But it doesn't exist.

Increasing the premier league size means a drop in prize money for each position, or the possibility of having less than half the current minimum if you finish 13th or 14th if you don't change the distribution.

A 14 team league will generate less revenue for every side in the lower part of it than it does currently. That's half the league.

What the clubs asking for reconstruction are looking for is for them not to bear the brunt of it. Instead they're saying everyone else should take the hit. In an environment where clubs are flush with cash that might have been possible. Now? No happening.

12 10 10 10 10, would that work.

Celtic to Dundee United get promoted to the Galctic League

Hearts stay in the Premiership as they wish

Partick stay in the Championship

Any number of HL/LL get elevated into the SPFL League 2 

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Neil McCann just said the PTFC proposal is "just good words"

clown GIF by Team Coco

Looking forward to listening to Neil this afternoon just to laugh at the utter nonsense that he continually spouts. I’m not sure that he’s ever said anything that I agree with.

3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Never thought I'd say this but Uncle Roy 🥰

I know promotion for ICT at this late stage would be a bit of a poisoned chalice but you've surely got to want it?

The Golf Correspondent striking out again on Twitter. You hate to see it.

A tough time for Ewan Murray. Anne Budge looking increasingly less competent. His beloved Hearts seeing their desperate attempts to avoid relegation continue to fail. And his pal at ICT making a complete arse of himself (again).

Unlucks.

NINTCHDBPICT000367711626-1.jpg

We're not witnessing much input today from those a-whooping and a-yelling Hearts fans who were confidently ramming it into the Premiership diddy-fans earlier this week. Maybe broadband has crashed over in the east of Scotland.