League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

And for that very same reason I would like us to change our national anthem from one that drones about 14th century battles!

"We can still rise now and be a nation again" is a bigger minter IMO.

Get it in the sea.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scotland is unique because the UK, which includes Scotland, is by far the worst affected country in Europe at the moment and about 2/3 weeks behind all the other countries on the continent.

Our only comparisons are England, where two leagues have been called, and the other two earn so much money any comparison is moronic. Irish football runs a Summer season, and have voted to have a reduced season of 27 games but havent decided on when to restart their season yet. Northern Ireland havent resumed their season yet, nor decided on whether to end the season or resume it, or even what happens in August when the new season is due to start.

You're wrong. The UK is  pretty rubbish - and Scotland a bit rubbishier . But Spain (that doesn't count non-hospital deaths) and Belgium are far worse per head of population.

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

Funny how you pretend to give a shit about teams being unfairly relegated, then completely ignore the teams in France who stand to be relegated, instead focusing on a team whose court case was actually dismissed.

The only reason the court overturned the LFP's decision to relegate Amiens and Toulouse is because they didn't give due consideration to league reconstruction. LFP relied on an agreement between LFP and FFF that prevents Ligue 1 from being expanded beyond 20 teams, but that agreement expires at the end of this month.

This doesn't mean Amiens and Toulouse are spared. If there is a new decision to relegate them, and the process followed in reaching that decision takes all alternatives into account, they will be relegated.

Is that what the last few weeks has been all about?

Well we can see that this thread has run the course. We've got people arguing national anthems and death rates in Spain.

League reconstruction, at least for the coming season, is dead and is unlikely to be raised again unless Heart of Seethelothian doesn't somehow manage to get promoted.

I vote to get this punted off into the P&B Gold and those of us who support Premiership teams can get on with discussing Premiership matters while those of us who support teams who were relegated can go and stink out the Championship forums.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

You're wrong. The UK is  pretty rubbish - and Scotland a bit rubbishier . But Spain (that doesn't count non-hospital deaths) and Belgium are far worse per head of population.

And Spain arent comparable as their league is worth over one billion pounds, while Belgium have ended their season based on PPG and relegated the bottom side.

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:

Could Hearts fans planned boycott of games played behind closed doors be the most successful boycott in the long and illustrious history of scottish football boycotts?

Does boycotting a closed-doors game mean you should actually turn up?

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.j 

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The defending is shocking but that McGinn goal is one of the best individual goals I can remember from the last 10 years or so. Nutmeg, dummy, cracking finish from a tight angle, runs in front of the hearts fans to celebrate. Cracking stuff 

That was some reality check - 3-0 by half-time. We had become too used to swatting aside the likes of Hibs and Rangers

Guest JTS98
13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Funny how you pretend to give a shit about teams being unfairly relegated, then completely ignore the teams in France who stand to be relegated, instead focusing on a team whose court case was actually dismissed.

The only reason the court overturned the LFP's decision to relegate Amiens and Toulouse is because they didn't give due consideration to league reconstruction. LFP relied on an agreement between LFP and FFF that prevents Ligue 1 from being expanded beyond 20 teams, but that agreement expires at the end of this month.

This doesn't mean Amiens and Toulouse are spared. If there is a new decision to relegate them, and the process followed in reaching that decision takes all alternatives into account, they will be relegated.

I know that.

My point is that there is no club that has accepted this without legal action. And if you're in Hearts' position, you look around the continent and see that as things stand, we are the only club who are being relegated based on a truncated season. The outcome in France is as yet unknown. Serbia and Holland declined to relegate clubs.

Why would anyone expect Hearts to act differently to any other club? Why would anyone suppose that their club would have acted differently?

16 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

And for that very same reason I would like us to change our national anthem from one that drones about 14th century battles!

Maybe we could have a vote on it.....

subject to legal action if you lose obviously.

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I know that.

My point is that there is no club that has accepted this without legal action. And if you're in Hearts' position, you look around the continent and see that as things stand, we are the only club who are being relegated based on a truncated season. The outcome in France is as yet unknown. Serbia and Holland declined to relegate clubs.

Why would anyone expect Hearts to act differently to any other club? Why would anyone suppose that their club would have acted differently?

sam winchester yawn GIF

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Maybe we could have a vote on it.....

subject to legal action if you lose obviously.

If it was organised by Doncaster and McLennan, they'd tell us the only possible option was Fields of Athenry and attach a £9m payout to  a yes vote.

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I know that.

Thistle have, if you're looking for a precedent to follow.

If it was organised by Doncaster and McLennan, they'd tell us the only possible option was Fields of Athenry and attach a £9m payout to  a yes vote.

You still in tears?

Brilliant

I think I'll follow Hearts lead and punch myself in the face, I'll then take myself to court to get criminal injury compensation.

I can't lose.

Under the SPFL rules, not voting is the same as voting no. That was a big part of the original saga with the Dundee vote.
I do wonder how many clubs actually voted no but as you say it doesn't really matter. I can't help feel that quite a few clubs that wanted to vote no probably didn't want to put their heads above the parapet (and potentially expose themselves to public mud-slinging) so just abstained.

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Captain Pedant here.

Netherlands has a population of over 17 million, it's not a small country.

And Belgium's population is over twice our size with their TV rights going for £100m pa.

Well this has been a great laugh.

Thanks to the Hibs and St Mirren posters for their entertaining posts and trolling, it has been easy as the Jambos have been so enraged, over confident and have a terrible sense of entitlement.

'Off I pop' back to the Championship and will only return if this goes to court, but I have my doubts.

See you all when we return the season after next as we keep the Maroon doon.

#StHiDeealliance 

Thank you.