League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And as you constantly ignore, Scottish football isnt financially comparable to English football.

Even in England, there are teams complaining that they are being forced into restarting against their will. i.e. the EPL with all its resources is restarting, so all the teams in the Championship also have to restart. If the Championship wasn't completed, then EPL clubs would argue that promotion / relegation should be cancelled. Wigan manager points out in the clip below that this means certain clubs are losing players who don't want to extend their contracts beyond 30th June, which is a bigger problem at their level than EPL.

Edited by JamesM82

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, MegaRichJambos said:
If your team...

kept your original vote, you could have played out the season.
The news coming out if Dens Park and Easter Road is upsetting and completely unnecessary.
I hope all clubs survive this. But it looks pretty bleak for some, even after Ann Budge kindly found someone to donate to all clubs. 

Good to see the your pals from Paisley using your Philanthropuc wee attempted bribe to add to our squad, cheers.

The money is being put to good use then. Mr James Anderson wanted to help the mickey mouse teams, so he will be pleased.

I thought St Mirren would be one of the first teams to fold, so it's great to hear they are planning for the future.

The money is being put to good use then. Mr James Anderson wanted to help the mickey mouse teams, so he will be pleased.
I thought St Mirren would be one of the first teams to fold, so it's great to hear they are planning for the future.

One of the better aliases I’ve seen on this site tbf.

7 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

If only we had paid our chief executive a bit more cash we might have got some leadership. Sub 400k just isn’t enough to develop a suitable compromise and avoid public spats between members 

What suitable compromise do you think should have been developed?

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

One of the better aliases I’ve seen on this site tbf.

You've misspelled painfully tedious.

Nice to see successful businesswoman Ann Budge being advised to throw litigation in all directions. Just shows how desperate they are at this stage. I reckon bankruptcy and transfer embargo for the up coming season.

Just imagine what successful businesswoman Ann Budge could have achieved if she had actually not acted like a condescending c**t from the beginning and had bothered to work constructively. Still, hubris is the downfall of many, as it will be in this case too.

Edited by Ric

4 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

You see, you’re avoiding this. You said it was possible to have football, you the said that the assertion that football was “utterly impossible” wasn’t true. Now, it’s because there was no will, not sure from whom.  The original ban wasn’t time limited except for the emergency legislation being required to be renewed in September.  England is a red herring, you might as well quote China or Outer Mongolia., this is Scotland and it has its own approach. I wait, yet again, to find out why playing professional football was possible while it was banned.

England...two weeks...UEFA...it's no' fair...reasons

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

You've misspelled painfully tedious.

Nice to see successful businesswoman Ann Budge being advised to throw litigation in all directions. Just shows how desperate they are at this stage. I reckon bankruptcy and transfer embargo for the up coming season.

Just imagine what successful businesswoman Ann Budge could have achieved if she had actually not acted like a condescending c**t from the beginning and had bothered to work constructively. Still, hubris is the downfall of many, as it will be in this case too.

How can I mute this glue-sniffer?

That's absolutely abhorrent language to use against a 72 year old woman, who found funding for every club in Scotland.

I'm away to ask a really daft question, but if United/Raith/Cove 'win' will Hearts & Partick Thistle need to foot the legal bills? Would the same work the other way round?

Can see Thistle seeing the SPFL and especially the promotion-endangered triumvirate tooling up big time and going

"Shite this is getting serious. They were supposed to fold. You told us they would fold Ann! Why aren't they folding? In fact I don't think you're a successful business woman at all!!"

...and pulling out.

24 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Even in England, there are teams complaining that they are being forced into restarting against their will. i.e. the EPL with all its resources is restarting, so all the teams in the Championship also have to restart. If the Championship wasn't completed, then EPL clubs would argue that promotion / relegation should be cancelled. Wigan manager points out in the clip below that this means certain clubs are losing players who don't want to extend their contracts beyond 30th June, which is a bigger problem at their level than EPL.

Pretty poor example tbh.Wigan are a baw hair outside the relegation zone,they’d bite your hand off to end the league early & relegate the 3 teams below them out of their own self interest.Id put my mortgage on them having a very different opinion if they were 3 points worse off.

Just now, MegaRichJambos said:

How can I mute this glue-sniffer?

That's absolutely abhorrent language to use against a 72 year old woman, who found funding for every club in Scotland.

You'll be looking for this...

Dix4MMS.png

Don't worry, you won't be missed.

As for the language, I doubt many would disagree with the description of successful businesswoman Ann Budge's actions being akin to a "condescending cünt". I would also wager there would be less argument about her hubris.

Transfer embargo for bringing legal action against other clubs, there is precedent for this.
Bankruptcy is a certain, that's why the inflated compensation claim.

After a season of piss poor performances on the pitch, Heart of Seethelothian are continuing it by spending the summer having piss poor decisions off it.

Although the banter would be overwhelming, it would be completely wrong (can't believe I am saying this) to take the DAB's promotion away from them now.
A further reason for me to find Hearts a horrible club, just look at what they have made me have, sympathy towards the Arabs! Utter c***s!
Ditto.

36 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Although the banter would be overwhelming, it would be completely wrong (can't believe I am saying this) to take the DAB's promotion away from them now.

A further reason for me to find Hearts a horrible club, just look at what they have made me have, sympathy towards the Arabs! Utter c***s!

We know you'd see the light at some stage. 😂

Don't worry, no one from here will tell anyone else😉

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm away to ask a really daft question, but if United/Raith/Cove 'win' will Hearts & Partick Thistle need to foot the legal bills? Would the same work the other way round?

I suppose there must be some legal basis but it seems strange to raise a petition against 3 of the SPFL member clubs who had the same input into the decision as every other club.

I can't believe anyone could award costs against us when we didn't actually do anything.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Perhaps some extra compensation offered might have generated goodwill in a tough situation. If this was all about preservation of the sky deal then use some of this to try and pacify the affected clubs. On top of being relegated they are having to sook up a reduced season or one that might not start

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hopefully it will go the same way as Wings v Dugdale, case dismissed and Wings having to pay both sides costs.

Edited by welshbairn

It's a fair point.

The executive come up with the PPG settlement and worked very quickly to legitimise it into something actionable and gave advice on this, as they are entitled to do.

They were also briefing that pay outs were absolutely impossible without this specific wording and didn't really have an opportunity to be properly critiqued. We were told that any sort of method of paying out early and realigning in future seasons or even just resolving to pay out in full on PPG but formally leave the season partially open was completely impossible. When some of the chairman did make references to this sort of action as an alternative, they were quickly derided as not having a credible plan as they hadn't yet had the opportunity to arrange for the relevant groundwork to actually properly assess it.

I'm not saying it was necessarily the wrong decision but there simply wasn't any time to actually consider alternatives and the advice was still coming out on Friday. If the board had actually allowed a few days for another resolution to be properly constructed, I think the rifts would have been more resolvable, especially if the alternative naturally run out of steam and was methodically dismantled.