League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
57 minutes ago, AJF said:
Is there any indication to how long it’s likely to last?

It should be fairly quick. The panel will have read the documentation and submissions beforehand I would expect.

Might it depend on how much in-person witness testimony there is? Most of it will presumably be in the form of statements that they can read beforehand, but maybe cross-examination is needed.

Well there has been wage cuts of 10-30%.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52470316
£150000 for Neilson then the signing of Craig Gordon and alleged bids in for Nisbet.
Depending on how it has been done,could be 1 or 2 "annoyed" players.
For a club that is supposedly struggling because of an unfair relegation they seem to be awash with cash.

As I keep saying, they should not get a penny more than their parachute payment.

41 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

For a club that is supposedly struggling because of an unfair relegation they seem to be awash with cash.

Funnily, out of all the clubs that could have been relegated they can endure it the most painlessly with their benefactors and legions of merrily fleeced chuckleheaded fans.

Heart of Midlothian's selfless and dignified sacrifice during these unprecedented times will never be forgotten.

15 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

This John Brown sending off is like Hearts’ relegation. He genuinely can’t understand why he is being sent off. It takes the ref two and a bit minutes to get him off the park then when he got to the dressing room he kicked the door in.

3 mins 50 onwards

Wilkins was about 876 levels of classiness above that horrible, horrible squad.

Of course that match also spawned the OAE? classic:

"Today a great vic'try's been won,

and I don't want to spread any glue.

But who knows what happened, to the telly-vis-ee-on,

in the Rangers dressing room".

Woods, Chris
Gough, Richard
Bartram, Jan               
Roberts, Graham 
Wilkins, Ray
Brown, John
Cooper, Davie
Ferguson, Derek
Souness, Graeme
Durrant, Ian
Walters, Mark

Subs:
Nisbet, Scott
Francis, Trevor

That's a seriously staunch 11.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Admittedly it was at the bottom of a Daily Record article.

They were saying Monday or Tuesday at the end of last week, so they're probably right about one of the days. Someone was saying there could be a verdict by Friday, think it's all guesswork. One of the BBC pundits sounded quite authoritative saying all the paper work including the recovered documents had to be in by last Friday, so early to mid this week for a start sounds reasonable.

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Its 100% this week, I've a friend whom has received a citation to give evidence by the legal team of Hearts and Thistle. 

All done by video link so I'm not sure how much will ever come out in the public domain 

Welcome to the forum, Mrs. Doncaster.

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Its 100% this week, I've a friend whom has received a citation to give evidence by the legal team of Hearts and Thistle. 

All done by video link so I'm not sure how much will ever come out in the public domain 

5761467.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

To explain: FAW curtailed the Welsh league due to covid. TNS (champions in most recent seasons) complained about this because Connah's Quay (old friends of Killie and various Challenge Cup teams) were awarded the title on PPG. TNS sued the FAW, but the (English) High Court has told them to get stuffed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53182025

24 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

230568341.jpg.gallery.jpg.2338a2c86075ebaecb0cf91dff763cff.jpg

9 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

To explain: FAW curtailed the Welsh league due to covid. TNS (champions in most recent seasons) complained about this because Connah's Quay (old friends of Killie and various Challenge Cup teams) were awarded the title on PPG. TNS sued the FAW, but the (English) High Court has told them to get stuffed.

The report does say they are looking to appeal but want It all covered before the 3rd of August UEFA deadline. 

8 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

They have the same exaggerated sense of entitlement as Hearts. If they couldn't get the FAW to agree to complete the season they had a couple of other suggestions of how to wangle it.

The Saints would claim top spot on goal difference if a weighted goals per game method was voted for, due to a superior away record.

Chairman Mike Harris took to Twitter to suggest a play-off between TNS and the Nomads would be the fairest way to avoid an ‘empty Championship’.

That is based on another mooted method of sporting merit, where TNS were first at the end of the league’s phase one – 22 games both home and away.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/the-new-saints/2020/05/19/tns-set-to-discover-how-league-will-end/

17 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

This John Brown sending off is like Hearts’ relegation. He genuinely can’t understand why he is being sent off. It takes the ref two and a bit minutes to get him off the park then when he got to the dressing room he kicked the door in.

3 mins 50 onwards

Surprised the Ref. had to consult with the linesman to be fair.