League Reconstruction 20/21 season

What I don't understand is why so many Hearts fans are confident of winning the case - I'm sure Doncaster & the SPFL will have sought legal advice and if they felt there was anything other than a remote prospect of SBAB/Hearts winning they'd have been telling the member clubs and getting them to vote for a reconstruction.

24 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well this has been a great laugh.

Thanks to the Hibs and St Mirren posters for their entertaining posts and trolling, it has been easy as the Jambos have been so enraged, over confident and have a terrible sense of entitlement.

'Off I pop' back to the Championship and will only return if this goes to court, but I have my doubts.

See you all when we return the season after next as we keep the Maroon doon.

#StHiDeealliance 

Thank you.

Www.dreamonyacunt.com

1 minute ago, btb said:

Hearts fans are confident of winning the case

I think that part of the problem is that nobody has properly articulated what this is.

The legal brain that is Leslie Deans was leaking - via kickback - that he was confident that over 50% of the SPFL clubs were "pro reconstruction" and hence Doncaster would enact the executive powers.

There have been various suggestions - restriction of trade and a judicial review of the original decision to end the lower leagues but it is usually accompanied with some bluster about unfairness (which it may be, but it isnt the basis of a legal case).

Also, nothing I have seen actually addresses how people are extrapolating this bluster into some £5m / £10m "compensation" to Hearts.

The Premiership teams themselves are facing a season of massively restricted walkup fans and hospitality / commercial income................presumably those made up numbers above relate to last season and hence have no relationship with current reality?

None of it actually makes any sense, tbh.

18 minutes ago, btb said:

What I don't understand is why so many Hearts fans are confident of winning the case - 

Look at that desk and big chair! You don't get those of you don't know what you're on about.

And look at the pile of evidence, full of legal opinion, dossiers... and survey reports.

ex-chairman-leslie-deans-hearts-of-midlothian-football-club-tynecastle-stadium-and-the-area-surrounding-the-staduim-in-edinburgh-scotland-owner-vladimir-romanov-shutterstock-editorial-2424267a.jpg

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Well we can see that this thread has run the course. We've got people arguing national anthems and death rates in Spain.

League reconstruction, at least for the coming season, is dead and is unlikely to be raised again unless Heart of Seethelothian doesn't somehow manage to get promoted.

I vote to get this punted off into the P&B Gold and those of us who support Premiership teams can get on with discussing Premiership matters while those of us who support teams who were relegated can go and stink out the Championship forums.

Or if St Mirren hover around the drop zone. Scottish Football needs a strong St Mirren 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Look at that desk and big chair! You don't get those of you don't know what you're on about.

And look at the pile of evidence, full of legal opinion, dossiers... and survey reports.

All on top the money laundering receipts the cops couldn't find. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

You still in tears?

Brilliant

I think I'll follow Hearts lead and punch myself in the face, I'll then take myself to court to get criminal injury compensation.

I can't lose.

Make sure you spend all your money on half finished DIY projects first. 

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay, okay. Denmark, Switzerland, Ireland. No idea how these countries dealt with it, but the point was Sparticus was plainly wrong to call Scotland unique

Season stopped after 4/5 games. "The FAI subsequently announced a contingency plan with a view to completing the domestic season at a later date with a reduced number of games"

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

... Falkirk fans agreeing to boycott League One games because the clubs "voted to keep them down" purely to get the money from their away support.

It's just great stuff.

I don't think anyone's really thinking of boycotting, that would be embarrassing, but this was posted earlier when I asked why Clyde would vote against 14-10-10-10.

On 08/06/2020 at 22:04, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It is financially a bad move for us ( and everyone else in that division). Getting ourselves out of the bottom league was going to help us due to away crowds being more than a mini bus and Falkirk and PT have and will do that. Losing them means only Airdrie bring any sort of support and budgets have to be trimmed again as no one was expecting reconstruction in March. It would be good if we were in a position to ignore that, but we aren't and I would think that is true of several others.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scotland is unique because the UK, which includes Scotland, is by far the worst affected country in Europe at the moment and about 2/3 weeks behind all the other countries on the continent.

Our only comparisons are England, where two leagues have been called and PPG used to decide position, and the other two earn so much money any comparison is moronic. Irish football runs a Summer season, and have voted to have a reduced season of 27 games but havent decided on when to restart their season yet. Northern Ireland havent resumed their season yet, nor decided on whether to end the season or resume it, or even what happens in August when the new season is due to start.

Irish League - always on the ball.

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

ex-chairman-leslie-deans-hearts-of-midlothian-football-club-tynecastle-stadium-and-the-area-surrounding-the-staduim-in-edinburgh-scotland-owner-vladimir-romanov-shutterstock-editorial-2424267a.jpg

The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin. C.J. (John Barron). Copyright: BBC.

53 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The legal brain that is Leslie Deans was leaking - via kickback - that he was confident that over 50% of the SPFL clubs were "pro reconstruction" and hence Doncaster would enact the executive powers.

And therein lies the rub. For all the bluster about legal challenges, the confidence in any success only lies in those who cannot quite grasp reality.

There is no basis for a legal challenge that has yet been articulated, because it doesn’t exist.

Hearts will scream about it for a few days and play to their support, before they drop it. They’ll soon realise they don’t have the money to waste on a doomed effort.

Edited by ArabFC

This thread is far from dead. Despite their relegation, I fully expect Hearts to continue to push for reconstruction, what with it being for the good of Scottish football and not just about saving Hearts, etc.

Edited by Coventry Saint