League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, arabdelic said:

But given reconstruction isn't happening and all clubs agreed to end the season what is your solution? 

As the saying goes......well, I wouldn't have started from here!

But more to the point, what is the SPFL's solution? Hearts have tried. Not very well, you might say - but it was never Hearts job to find an equitable solution.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

But more to the point, what is the SPFL's solution? Hearts have tried. Not very well, you might say - but it was never Hearts job to find an equitable solution.

The SPFL gave Hearts free reign to canvas clubs and produce, multiple, reconstruction plans. They then created their own reconstruct plan. All these were voted down.

They cant force reconstruction through so what were you expecting?

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

You don't even have that if you think Hearts are going to win on that basis but I'm interested in what you think what facet of contract law applies in 

A Hearts win sees other clubs pay out because the SPFL doesn't have any money.

I would imagine clubs would then sue the SPFL to compensate for any losses. That money can only come from future TV deals.

Lawwell is you real enemy because all of this could have been sorted if they just continued to play the league.

I don't think many of the club's are in a position to pay for the refunded TV deals as it stands.

27 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Good morning Spoonburners, 

Not long to go before the SPFL reconstruct the league to keep the Famous in the top division. 

HHGH

Top tip for today:

Google conformation bias.

My top tip for today is for you to do the same, but spell it correctly first.  

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

You’re repeating yourself after avoiding my last reply to you. Please explain how, when football was banned under the emergency legislation in lat March, and the announcement about the ban being lifted was only made yesterday, how it would have been possible to play football in the intervening period. As before, please be brief.

Original ban was to June (?). Whatever persuaded English authorities to allow training and friendlies a few weeks ago could have been put to Scotgov. But there was no will.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It maybe wasn’t their job but as the prime beneficiaries why didn’t they put forward a thought out and articulated proposal rather than just writing 14-14-14 on a postcard?

14 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Hearts are staying up, the SPFL had a duty of care to protect Hearts from relegation and, more importantly, protect the other clubs from a £10million lawsuit.

Everyone DESPERATELY wants this to blow up in Hearts' face but a very basic understanding of contract law tells us the opposite will happen. There is a real possibility that Hearts will be the second most secure team in the country when this is all over.

Marvellous, isn't it?

Do they f**k :lol:

Otherwise we would be watching the MLS. 

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The solution was allow the clubs to discuss and vote. Thats how all decisions are made within a members organisation. 

Hearts signed up and agreed the charter (or whatever the spfl call it) which contains the rules, voting procedures etc. The rules were followed. The subject of reconstruction is over and rightfully so as the idea put forward was total and utter dug shite. 

This thread is like a therapy group for diddy team supporters, frantically reassuring each other that things are fine and it will all work out in the end.

You lot are going to pay.^_^

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

This thread is like a therapy group for diddy team supporters, frantically reassuring each other that things are fine and it will all work out in the end.

You lot are going to pay.^_^

What illegal activity has taken place? 

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

No. It's a given that we nominate clubs. Not that we actually send them.

It's a leap of faith for now to say that these competitions will 1) take place 2) take place in a format that includes our clubs. Nobody knows that yet.

Apart from UEFA who announced the competitions would go ahead with the usual access list 2 days ago

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2642232.html

There are now problems in Northern Ireland as their clubs rejected calling the end of the season and they are now going to struggle to play the game (if they do) before the UEFA deadline to either call or play the games.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, the clubs voted to save themselves money.

Its costing each EFL club "£200k-£300k" to play their play off games. You're arguing that forcing 10+ clubs, including the likes of Arbroath and Brechin to pay that over a month is better than handing 3 clubs losses that theyll suffer over 12 months. Are you genuinely claiming that's "better for everyone"?

You're not even arguing against relegating sides either you fucking moron, so the 3 clubs would still be taking that hit.

Yup. Well maybe they should pay for the clubs they are damaging by what looks to me like  a negligent decision. No point in you worrying your pretty little head about it, Random. The courts will decide on first hearing, or maybe appeal or maybe 2nd appeal.

19 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

the SPFL had a duty of care to protect Hearts from relegation

Not when Hearts voted to instruct the Board to end the season at a point when Hearts were 12th and thus relegated. 

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Original ban was to June (?). Whatever persuaded English authorities to allow training and friendlies a few weeks ago could have been put to Scotgov. But there was no will.

What persuaded English authorities was English health board data and English medical advisers. And Welsh ones too.

Scotland has different civil servants, different health boards, different doctors, different hospitals, different patients and different disease infection rates.

Also the economics of professional football are vastly different between Scotland and England.