League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

I believe they are served a copy of petition as a courtesy because if relegation was overturned they would be affected as there would be no place for them to be promoted too...unless there was reconstruction.

Contrary to popular belief Hearts did not serve papers on them involving them in court case,they served papers on SPFL

They received a copy of the petition not as a courtesy, but because the success of the Hearts / PTFC petition has implications for them financially.

Regardless of how the papers arrived at these 3 clubs, the potential result for these 3 clubs  is dreadful.............and anyone arguing otherwise is a fucking walloper.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

They received a copy of the petition not as a courtesy, but because the success of the Hearts / PTFC petition has implications for them financially.

Regardless of how the papers arrived at these 3 clubs, the potential result for these 3 clubs  is dreadful.............and anyone arguing otherwise is a fucking walloper.

So are the implications of relegation by vote not a potentially dreadful result for other clubs ? But I will agree that you are a fucking walloper

23 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Genuine questions.

A) How do you know this?

B) Who'd be picking up the bill?

A) Because it's not mentioned in the petition document and because Hearts and Thistle outright said so in their statements when initiating the petition

B) If Hearts/Thistle win, the compensation will be paid by the SPFL, which basically means it comes out of the prize money for the teams, since pretty much all that the SPFL does is take TV and sponsorship revenue and turn it over to the teams in the form of prize money, minus the overhead costs of running the league.

So are the implications of relegation by vote not a potentially dreadful result for other clubs ? But I will agree that you are a fucking walloper
Relegation by being bottom of the league. The votes were to potentially stop Hearts relegation.

3 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

Many will agree....................but as previously mentioned whatever happens to Hearts, Dundee Utd shouldnt suffer.

2 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

You shouldn't have been 4 points adrift at the bottom of the league when it was curtailed by a global pandemic, a decision later confirmed by Hearts in an unanimous vote by the Premier League clubs, including HMFC.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Many will agree....................but as previously mentioned whatever happens to Hearts, Dundee Utd shouldnt suffer.

with that I agree.

Hearts intentions are not to punish United,Raith or Cove,. The simple answer would have been reconstruction to avoid any team being  financially hammered.

But that aint happening so we are where we are

Edited by pansjambo

32 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

I believe they are served a copy of petition as a courtesy because if relegation was overturned they would be affected as there would be no place for them to be promoted too...unless there was reconstruction.

Contrary to popular belief Hearts did not serve papers on them involving them in court case,they served papers on SPFL

It's not a courtesy. The remedy sought will have serious implications for them and so they are entitled to be notified so that they can make representations to the court.

Edit: I'd be fairly certain that Hearts' agents did serve notice on the affected clubs. They certainly should have done.

Edited by Pull My Strings

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

A) Because it's not mentioned in the petition document and because Hearts and Thistle outright said so in their statements when initiating the petition

B) If Hearts/Thistle win, the compensation will be paid by the SPFL, which basically means it comes out of the prize money for the teams, since pretty much all that the SPFL does is take TV and sponsorship revenue and turn it over to the teams in the form of prize money, minus the overhead costs of running the league.

So lots of teams would lose/have to pay out a few bob?

All pisstaking and 'bantz' aside, there are surely going to be several teams who don't pull through.

2 hours ago, big al said:

The Maureens is hilarious

You know, a lot of people keep asking about 'The Maureens' and wanting it back. A lot of good people. I think the nickname is going to come back in a big way this season, on a scale this forum has never seen before. That's just my opinion but we'll see. 

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

So lots of teams would lose/have to pay out a few bob?

All pisstaking and 'bantz' aside, there are surely going to be several teams who don't pull through.

Possibly. Worst case scenario is that Hearts and Thistle get the full £10 million they claim, and it's imposed on the clubs in one go, meaning next season's prize pool is ~60% of what it normally would be.  For a team like Motherwell, the League Prize money was ~20-30% of their income last season so this would sting a bit. Smaller teams are harder to gauge because CompaniesHouse accounts filings are less transparent for small companies. I can't imagine that the 40 other teams would be willing to let a big dunt on the prize money pass without some sort of consequences.

18 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

They all seem to be surviving fine just now, as much as Hearts fans seem absolutely fucking desperate for clubs to die.

I think, in response to the disgusting vitriol from the supporters and ownership of HOMFC (and for dragging our game through the dirt), all SPFL clubs who voted to end the season early democratically in the face of a global pandemic/biggest threat to our game ever should boycott Tynecastle Park for the foreseeable future. 

The £8m compensation claim and court action is a complete slap in the face to us all, but collectively we can deal so much more damage to them than they ever could do to us. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

32 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

with that I agree.

Hearts intentions are not to punish United,Raith or Cove,. The simple answer would have been reconstruction to avoid any team being  financially hammered.

But that aint happening so we are where we are

Hearts only wanted the best for Scottish football, as long as they got what they wanted. We are now told by the fanbase that because they did not get what they wanted they want Scottish  football to die and as many clubs as possible to go out of existence simply because they failed to vote in their favour. I take  Hearts good intention towards other clubs with a very big pinch of salt given many of the things that have been said. Hearts were looking out for number one exactly the same way every other club does, they just feel unable to admit it. It is however only Hearts supporters wishing the very worst on everyone else highlighting every single club who are struggling through the pandemic and wishing them gone and that’s not to their credit. I don’t have an issue with Hearts feeling hard done by even though they were without doubt the worst team in the division, it’s the behaviour of many of their fans that won’t be forgotten.

15 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I think, in response to the disgusting vitriol from the supporters and ownership of HOMFC (and for dragging our game through the dirt), all SPFL clubs who voted to end the season early democratically in the face of a global pandemic/biggest threat to our game ever should boycott Tynecastle Park for the foreseeable future. 

The £8m compensation claim and court action is a complete slap in the face to us all, but collectively we can deal so much more damage to them than they ever could do to us. 

If the SPFL hadn't fiddled the Dundee vote I'd agree with you.

Edited by The_Kincardine

The letter may say that any compensation will have to come from the clubs in the proportion that they were awarded prize money at the end of the season, Hearts are now scared that Celtic are coming for them.