Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

15 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Wouldn't get picked in front of James Marks if he signs up for another season.

Forty years young. Fit as the proverbial (every week) and, I think,  top scorer in the division as well.

A fit and on his game  Shankland or James marks ? I would pick shankland every single time and no contest for me .

17 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Forty years young. Fit as the proverbial (every week) and, I think,  top scorer in the division as well.

🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Firepit said:

I think that’s an important point regarding outwith the manager/ club control . It was not financial reasons that Staff,Taylor and Samson have left so the club can take some comfort in that . 
The other players will be a mix of needing a fresh start and money will definitely be a factor . 
Big rebuild in the summer and don’t see the signings so far able to replace the likes of Stafford or Taylor but time will tell 

hearing at least 2 of them you have mentioned are potentially moving country. 

Edited by Botlad67

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

A fit and on his game  Shankland or James marks ? I would pick shankland every single time and no contest for me .

I fear you've missed the point.

Shankland is seldom fit and available to be picked.

Marks is seldom unfit and is almost always available for selection.

All a bit academic really as you don't get to pick anyway & Ladeside probably couldn't afford Shankland.

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

If we are really debating this then I’m out . Dear oh dear Shankers is on a completely different planet 

Just now, Firepit said:

If we are really debating this then I’m out . Dear oh dear Shankers is on a completely different planet 

Yeah mate this just sums up the total lobotomised state of this forum these days 🤣  You actually think it can't get any worse and then you witness this 😅

I'm not really debating anything,  Firepit. Didn't mean to cause a fuss with the Talbot support, and not disputing that Shankland (when fit) is a great player. His dignified message about leaving Talbot actually acknowledges his fitness problems.

Oh,...and to be described as "lobotomised" by the Beith lad is laughable.

40 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

How many players have left ? Looks like a big rebuild needed , cant see us challenging this season 

I think we know off at least 7 who were starters last season which includes those who were released. Not much overly positive news coming out of the club at the moment so unless things change over the next couple of weeks then there won't be any hope off a real title challenge next season. 

5 minutes ago, sel0975 said:

I think we know off at least 7 who were starters last season which includes those who were released. Not much overly positive news coming out of the club at the moment so unless things change over the next couple of weeks then there won't be any hope off a real title challenge next season. 

Theres 7 weeks till the new league season  starts.

Plenty of time to sign players. 

20 hours ago, Firepit said:

Apart from Shankers being the same shape as said planet, on his day is the best Talbot player, since he signed. If Shankers was fit and had a few extra yards of pace, he'd be playing at a higher level than this.

25 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Theres 7 weeks till the new league season  starts.

Plenty of time to sign players. 

Yip. Depends on the quality of those brought in. Will want to get a few in time for pre season which is a month away. 

2 minutes ago, sel0975 said:

Yip. Depends on the quality of those brought in. Will want to get a few in time for pre season which is a month away. 

Squad was desperately needed overhauled.  

Im disappointed about Stafford Taylor & Mason not so much about the rest.

Wilson & Leishmans best days are behind them and Shanklands not been fit for 2 seasons.

20 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Wilson & Leishmans best days are behind them and Shanklands not been fit for 2 seasons.

Tommy Sloan is an astute judge of players when it comes to letting them go if their best days have come and gone.And he does tend to source quality replacements too.

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

Completely agree regarding the squad - it needed overhauling but the communication from the club should be alot better than what we are getting. Hopefully they have a few quality replacements lined up but at this stage (still soon after the end of the season I know) they seem to be playing catch up with all the key rivals getting deals done. We'll see what the next few weeks bring. 

4 hours ago, andy25 said:

Wee Andy never made it past boys club level down this way but wants to slaughter boys who have won what he couldn’t. Leishman best days certainly ain’t behind him 

5 hours ago, Cnock88 said:

Wee Andy never made it past boys club level down this way but wants to slaughter boys who have won what he couldn’t. Leishman best days certainly ain’t behind him 

Im not slaughtering anyone.

Andy Leishman has been a tremendous servant to Talbot and i wish him all the best at Darvel as i do to all the players leaving.

On 06/06/2023 at 19:29, Duraglit shareholder said:

Apart from Shankers being the same shape as said planet, on his day is the best Talbot player, since he signed. If Shankers was fit and had a few extra yards of pace, he'd be playing at a higher level than this.

I think he will get a few offers from clubs willing to give him a chance to prove his fitness