Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

21 hours ago, sel0975 said:

Would the wage demands usually be known before offering a trial? Doesn't seem to make sense to offer trail if wages were going to be a stumbling block. I suppose it depends on how good he is compared to what we currently have. 

Not always, sometimes it's good to get players in and hope that the set up and training will sway them into lowering their demands if they have enjoyed their time. If you go straight to wage talk it might not get off the ground at all. 

After  all the negative doom and gloom around preseason last season , which I said at the time was totally unfounded, what's the general consensus this season? Happier with preseason and added additions to squad? Another good season ahead, with a better start than last season? Especially with players like Connor Boyd having a season under their belt now!

48 minutes ago, Fabi said:

After  all the negative doom and gloom around preseason last season , which I said at the time was totally unfounded, what's the general consensus this season? Happier with preseason and added additions to squad? Another good season ahead, with a better start than last season? Especially with players like Connor Boyd having a season under their belt now!

Due to the massive amount of changes last preseason our season was over before  it really begin. It took a little while for the team to gel and that meant we had already dropped too many league points and were out of the senior Scottish.

This season the squad is more settled with just a few additions so I expect to get off to a better start and be in contention from the beginning. Still a very difficult league though

Edited by Wile E Coyote

21 minutes ago, Fabi said:

I think the difference this season is that we haven’t lost any players that has weakened us. We finished the season as one of the leagues form teams and now added a few who will strengthen us further. Not coming away with anything stupid prediction wise but every team will know they have been in a game against us. We have kept our biggest 2 assets again this season in Tucker and Allan who are rightly being rewarded with a testimonial.

22 hours ago, southerner said:

I think the difference this season is that we haven’t lost any players that has weakened us. We finished the season as one of the leagues form teams and now added a few who will strengthen us further. Not coming away with anything stupid prediction wise but every team will know they have been in a game against us. We have kept our biggest 2 assets again this season in Tucker and Allan who are rightly being rewarded with a testimonial.

Yep if Auchinleck had started a bit better last season they would have won the league I think.They finished incredibly consistently.

It really is a very tough league.No weak sides in it.

18 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Yep if Auchinleck had started a bit better last season they would have won the league I think.They finished incredibly consistently.

It really is a very tough league.No weak sides in it.

I think we were one of the few teams with Largs maybe) that put some good form together in the middle third of the season while the early leaders all stalled a bit. It was always a tall order to keep that going when the midweek games started but I think it left most Talbot fans looking forward to the next season.

If there wasn't so much money chucked around elsewhere in pre season I'd have fancied us for the title this season but who knows how the bigger spenders will do. On paper it should be one of those clubs. 

15 hours ago, Shanner said:

I think we were one of the few teams with Largs maybe) that put some good form together in the middle third of the season while the early leaders all stalled a bit. It was always a tall order to keep that going when the midweek games started but I think it left most Talbot fans looking forward to the next season.

If there wasn't so much money chucked around elsewhere in pre season I'd have fancied us for the title this season but who knows how the bigger spenders will do. On paper it should be one of those clubs. 

Did really well though to pull right back up the table.

There is now some really serious money being spent and agree that JB/Clydebank/St Cadocs have to be strong favourites to top the table.But it’s some league all round!

27 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Did really well though to pull right back up the table.

There is now some really serious money being spent and agree that JB/Clydebank/St Cadocs have to be strong favourites to top the table.But it’s some league all round!

Only according to Leaguereformer 

16 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Have you not spent big money? Are you not the highest spenders on transfer fees this season? 

We've spent good money on ONE player. You've ran your mouth off for a week about this. You obviously think you're well informed. I deal with the salaries. I think I know better 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We've spent good money on ONE player. You've ran your mouth off for a week about this. You obviously think you're well informed. I deal with the salaries. I think I know better 

Says Big Bill speaking from his beachside villa in the Caribbean.

24 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Says Big Bill speaking from his beachside villa in the Caribbean.

🤣🤣

Good solid start from Talbot today, clean sheet and bossed the game from 20 minutes onwards. Bit more clinical could have been a few more. Think this league will throw up some games this season.

Talbot to beat cup double winners is a good start better start than last season looking at the highlights didn't seem to be much Darvel support now on to the new money men team 

6 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Talbot to beat cup double winners is a good start better start than last season looking at the highlights didn't seem to be much Darvel support now on to the new money men team 

they had a few fans there tbh but I reckon it's down on the last few times they've been at Beechwood in the league. 

Thought we played well yesterday,  should have been 3up at halftime. Apart from a couple of dodgy moments from our goalie I thought it was a good performance Ross Clark and wardrope good , 3 points main thing though 

Edited by Talbot supporter

8 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Won the last 3 games against them 8 goals scored I think