Pop Master Quiz - Radio 2

Tuning into Pop Master ( Ken Bruce - Radio 2 - Weekdays 10.30am) has become a part of the routine whilst working from home during the lockdown and something to look forward to, breaking up the morning with a cuppa.

1) Any others listening in regularly, and if so, what’s a reasonable score for you? Reckon over the last few weeks I’m usually hitting around the 18-24 mark (out of 39) depending upon the years and bonus questions.

I’m struggling with most stuff that’s post early 90’s to be honest, in which case my score can be down at the 12-15 mark if the questions are slanted towards more ‘up to date’ music. Enjoy having a go at the 3 in 10 too!

2) Have any P&B’ers actually been on the show, and if so how did you fare? ‘One Year Out’ T-shirt or a Digital Radio?

[emoji442] [emoji445]

I listen to it when I can.  I tend to do ok and almost always do better than one of the contestants.  I honestly don't know why some people even call in when they clearly have only heard 11 song in their life.

3 in 10 is my favourite. If I know the artist I can get the 3 no bother.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Tuning into Pop Master ( Ken Bruce - Radio 2 - Weekdays 10.30am) has become a part of the routine whilst working from home during the lockdown and something to look forward to, breaking up the morning with a cuppa.

1) Any others listening in regularly, and if so, what’s a reasonable score for you? Reckon over the last few weeks I’m usually hitting around the 18-24 mark (out of 39) depending upon the years and bonus questions.

I’m struggling with most stuff that’s post early 90’s to be honest, in which case my score can be down at the 12-15 mark if the questions are slanted towards more ‘up to date’ music. Enjoy having a go at the 3 in 10 too!

2) Have any P&B’ers actually been on the show, and if so how did you fare? ‘One Year Out’ T-shirt or a Digital Radio?

emoji442.png emoji445.png

I listen to the podcast each evening.  I can get anything between about 3 and 27, it really depends on the questions - questions about the late 60s through late 80s and I've a good chance.  90s onwards and you can count me out.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I listen to it when I can.  I tend to do ok and almost always do better than one of the contestants.  I honestly don't know why some people even call in when they clearly have only heard 11 song in their life.

3 in 10 is my favourite. If I know the artist I can get the 3 no bother.

I love the excuse, "Oh, that's before my time, Ken.".

The Crimean and Boer Wars were before my time, and I still like a History quiz.

Oh, and I'll get somewhere between 21 and 39. As long as he baldy fecker stays clear of post-2000 YPM*, I'm normally fine.

Three in ten is a bit of a lottery, mind. One day it'll be Status Quo, the next some shite like Racey or Sailor.

*Young Peoples' Music.

37 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I love the excuse, "Oh, that's before my time, Ken.".

The Crimean and Boer Wars were before my time, and I still like a History quiz.

Oh, and I'll get somewhere between 21 and 39. As long as he baldy fecker stays clear of post-2000 YPM*, I'm normally fine.

Three in ten is a bit of a lottery, mind. One day it'll be Status Quo, the next some shite like Racey or Sailor.

*Young Peoples' Music.

Reminds me of this song

There's also a bluetooth speaker...no expense spared.

Yes my apologies, it is indeed a Bluetooth speaker to the winner and then the chance of a Digital Radio for successfully completing the 3 in 10 question. Find its sometimes easy to rattle off the first one or two, then just floundering bluster for the 3rd as the clock runs down. As SD mentions, would also love to call in and have a crack, but for fear of making an absolute balls up of it.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Great score from Scott, phoning from the work toilet, 36 points gets him into the Champions League Popmaster.

He can blame it on the weatherman for not getting a full house...

Have always tried to have my 10 o clock tea break a bit later so I can catch both rounds of it. 

Anything before the 90’s is usually a guess for me, I’m fairly solid in the 90’s, very good in the 00’s and pretty good 10’s. Usually get into double figures and have occasionally got over 30 with favourable bonus questions.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Have always tried to have my 10 o clock tea break a bit later so I can catch both rounds of it. 

Anything before the 90’s is usually a guess for me, I’m fairly solid in the 90’s, very good in the 00’s and pretty good 10’s. Usually get into double figures and have occasionally got over 30 with favourable bonus questions.

You should phone up during this lockdown throbber.

22 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

He can blame it on the weatherman for not getting a full house...

There was a guy on the other week who was definitely cheating, got asked "who sang about being 24hrs from an American city"

"Green Pitney" he answered "I can't quite read it properly"

😀