Conquering Britain & Ireland

25 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

To be fair they've never won the Scottish league and it's probably easier with them than Forfar

I had thought about it, but don't think I can do it.

Hoping for someone between them and Forfar tbh.

Edit: It would be outstanding to see the reaction on Rangers Media if they hired the Cobh Ramblers manager...

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

July 2031

YUBtdJp.png

Outrageous start to the month, then a blip in the middle, and an excellent end. Dave Watts getting 7 in two games is some effort.

The loss against Bohemian's was really frustrating, as they aren't particularly good, but the draw with Dundalk means we stay top, for now. The second half of the second leg with Senica was the best we've played this season. Absolutely outstanding stuff.

0zeNQqP.png

Just a point ahead, and only 4 ahead of 3rd - but it is clearly a 3 horse race at most.

H8qlShW.png

Not exactly a shock...

FJClnVh.png

Serbian side - probably be pretty decent, but I think I can beat them if we play well.

Wonder how our Bosnian and Kosovar lads will be received by their fans....

August 2031

VKgEmnp.png

Really busy month, but we mostly did ok. Won all 3 league games, got through one round of Europe before losing to Killie and then got through in the big cup, although we were terrible against Cabinteely, despite winning.

We did lose in the semi of the league cup,  but as I've already won that I'm ok with it - the league and big cup are my priority.

fCYCzQR.png

Behind Dundalk now, but with a game in hand. Shamrock have fallen back a bit, so looks like it's us and them.

Edit: Forgot to add, we had some transfer business.

Z7WO8rg.png

Heading out was Milan Jancic, my fourth choice centre half. He wanted away, was getting released at the end of the season anyway, so 20 grand plus some add ons seemed like an excellent deal.

It did mean that we were a bit light in centre defence, so I've brought in Scott MacDonald.  He's got two full seasons in League Two and one in League One  under his belt, so that's some pretty good experience for our level. Big upgrade on Jancic at any rate.

Spoiler

eAHWhGG.png

September 2031

v5Kfhlf.png

An outstanding month - we weren't massively convincing in any game bar the Sligo one, but we've got the results, and that's all I'm remotely fussed about at this stage.

3mQiut4.png

Dundalk lost to Bohemians while we beat Shelbourne, so we're 7 clear with 5 games left - it'll be 4 assuming they win their game in hand.

We've still to play them, but even if we lose that, we'll be champions if we win our other 4 games. Huge month ahead.

hLonUtD.png

Unsurprising, but still nice.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Dundalk lost to Bohemians while we beat Shelbourne, so we're 7 clear with 5 games left - it'll be 4 assuming they win their game in hand.

We've still to play them, but even if we lose that, we'll be champions if we win our other 4 games. Huge month ahead.

The Run in

7 points clear, 5 games left - will be 4 clear assuming they win their game in hand...

Our run in looks like this:

ZT93rFi.png

While Dundalk's is...

HDcqJaR.png

We're also playing Dundalk in the cup semi final just before our league game with them, and they have a few champions league group matches thrown in as well. And the league table (well, the important bit) looks like this

DlAu7db.png

If we win the 4 games not against Dundalk, then we've won the league regardless of what they do and what happens in our game against them, so it's very much in our hands.

The game I'm really, really worried about is Waterford away - although if things go our way then we can have it wrapped up by then. Their matches mostly look straightforward, apart from us and Shamrock Rovers - but their schedule being so busy, I'm hoping that they have to rotate and struggle.

Next up, Cork City while they don't play - a chance to make it ten points at the top...

Matchday 32

wqEsjOO.png

Ah, shite. We missed a penalty and all.

It's still in our hands though, which is the main thing. Just means that we can't afford to slip up against Dundalk in our next league game. Irish Cup semi final first though...

fPWZE12.png

With them not playing, we're up to 8 points clear, but that can be cut to 2 should they win their games in hand. Very tight.

Matchday 33

Well, this is the big one - Dundalk away. Win or draw and the title is ours, assuming we don't lose our last 3 matches. Lose and they're back in it...

Spoiler

sVYqxN2.png

SCENES.

Cometh the hour, cometh Liam fucking Corcoran. Former Dundalk player getting it right up them within 20 seconds.

L9yKuRM.png

11 points clear, they have 12 to play for. Almost there.

eAgZWdv.png

Things you absolutely love to see.

Matchday 34

Well, a win over struggling Sligo Rovers and we'll be champions - won't be an easy game though, as they're fighting to stay up so still have something to play for.

Spoiler

6hvkUSm.png

An absolute anti-climax - the red card was the only thing that happened in the whole game - and there were only 416 fans there, despite the fact that we were looking to secure the title. We played the night before Dundalk, so needed to wait to see what they do.

Spoiler

YTWuuR3.png

AND THEY'VE HANDED IT TO US!

RuRLJw1.png

JCUHrmQ.png

You absolute fucking beauty.

October/November 2031

WGVHaeu.png

With the title already wrapped up, we started with an absolute shocker of a performance against Waterford where I assume all our players were still leathered.

Final game of the season was a good send off - the absolute boy Dave Watts banging in a hat trick.

Means that the final table looks like this:

StbiJxE.png

Dundalk absolutely chucked it at the end of the season, but we were well deserving champions.

On one last note, this is an absolutely ridiculous record...

rW7OLZd.png

QyWzBMo.png

Quick run down of the team that won the league. 

Shout out in particular to Dave Watts (as per usual), Corcoran and Kokollari - I honestly believe that Kokollari is the guy that won us the league. 19 assists from centre midfield, and an average rating of 7.61, 116 key passes. Outrageous.

f9Aizls.png

Onx6yqX.png

Couple of awards. However, I'm absolutely furious about this...

myPG7es.png

Nonsense. 

For some reason, the Cork City manager got Manager of the Year - aye, the one that finished 7th. I didn't make the top 3....

UtAbIUL.png

Two more games with Cobh and I'll be on my way. Would be nice to sign off with another trophy.

On 12/06/2020 at 10:18, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Reckon you'll have this cracked within 3 years now. It's following the same pattern as Wales, slowly establishing yourself as best of the rest behind an absolute juggernaut, then picking up cups and European money before an historic title triumph.

《《《 ITK