Conquering Britain & Ireland

June 2034/35

ca1BFBY.png

Some internationals, and we're finally starting to click a little bit. Could have beaten Ukraine as well, but draw was fine. We absolutely thumped both the Faroes and Montenegro.

Qfy0nTL.png

We're going to be nowhere near qualifying, but should be ok. Whipping boys Malta and Bulgaria, both at home, up nexr.

Transfer Window 2035/36

Mp4rLxd.png

As usual, a load of dross released. Kilbane was a useful player, but not really good enough, and Smith got some games but was emergency backup at best.

hCNcODr.png

Lisica got offered about 8 times as much as I could offer, so fair enough him leaving.

My board accepted the offer for Kazazic, which is probably fair enough. 

Never heard of Dion Elliott, or the two boys out on loan.

Now for the guys coming in...

FWY80cN.png

Starting with Damien Kelly, and it now means that I've got two of the centre halves I had at Cobh. He looks pretty decent, especially his physical stats, Plus there's this :wub:

EPosrcr.png

Spoiler

VHqE7uD.png

Declan Boyle comes in to replace Lisica, and he's not particularly an upgrade, but he's certainly no worse. His wage is a bit higher than I would have liked, but there weren't really many options available. 

Spoiler

mWWaoNo.png

Armstrong is a centre midfielder, and an upgrade on anything I had last season, which is nice. He's pretty well rounded, plenty of Stamina and work rate so should do a job.

Spoiler

UpigJAw.png

Ben Mullan joins again on loan from Larne. He's done well last 2 seasons, no reason to think he won't again.

Spoiler

KNcsZKz.png

Scott Lewis is in as another centre midfielder, plus offering cover in attacking midfield and right wing. He's unlikely to be first choice in any of them, but cover is ideal and he looks decent.

Spoiler

yesNECA.png

Had Platonovs on trial, and I wasn't going to sign him, but when Kazazic left I kind of panicked. Not as good as the guy he's replacing, but he looks fine,.

Spoiler

dGhL4yW.png

Same story with Pat Hassan, who joins on loan from Larne. I had been left with only Dave Watts up front, and he scored plenty for me last time I had him, so pleased to see him back.

Spoiler

WK25UnZ.png

September 2035/36

YuSazGk.png

Meh - a decent month. Were unlucky against Linfield, and we had 10 men after 7 minutes against Glentoran, but feels like we really should be doing a bit better.

dunfkga.png

We're doing well, and we've still got a few of the shitter teams to play.

Northern Ireland

jVmsa7B.png

Malta was a given - that's one of their better results so far....

Beating Bulgaria was huge though, gets us back in the mix for second place. 

11xlKxE.png

Turkey running away with it, and a three way race for second. Only problem is there's a decent chance of our group having the worst second placed side and missing out on the playoff.

October 2035/36

2nraDNK.png

Brilliant month. Great comeback against Ballymena the highlight, and two league wins against the newly promoted sides.

Still in the league cup too - hopefully get through to the final of that.

d9PG4Y5.png

Flying high after playing everyone once. 

Northern Ireland

SR9wW80.png

Meh. Not beating Ukraine was a blow, as we played very well. Turkey are just significantly better than us.

pa7HTZk.png

4 points to make up, we're almost guaranteed 6 in our last two. Ukraine play Turkey and Bulgaria, so need to hope they drop points in both. 

November 2035/36

sjvQJH9.png

Meh. One of they months, nothing really went our way.

10RLt65.png

Still doing well, bearing in mind all I'm targeting is top half.

Northern Ireland

Fv375Ek.png

Did our bit, should have won both by far more but it's something.

h9oocXq.png

Results elsewhere didn't go our way, in the end. It didn't matter as we would have missed out on goal difference even if Bulgaria had drawn with Ukraine.

However...

s0jTyL4.png

I don't know how this happened, but f**k it. If I don't qualify, I'll be resigning.

December 2035/36

idkbqM7.png

Another very good month - and we're into our first major cup final as well (although they played a reserve team). We should have won against Ballymena as well, but can't complain too much.

9jdHXbK.png

Starting to fall behind the top 3 a bit, but with some luck we may be able to pull them back in.

January 2035/36

xItgZrx.png

Fucking Linfield. Very good month, but they're too good at the minute. Into the next round of both cups, which is good, and some decent form leading up to the League Cup final.

1NSynRk.png

Very much part of the top 4 and far clear of the rest.  No chance of winning the league though, top 3 is the aim. 

PxWcI5D.png

:wub:

This was at the start of the month, up to 61 now. He's still the record scorer for Cobh as well.

We also brought in one player this month, right back Jim Ford. A significant upgrade on what we had before.

Spoiler

oTpI0gs.png

League Cup Final 2035/36

First cup final with Dungannon and, as usual, it's the League Cup. We're facing Portadown, currently top of the table in the second tier, but we're certainly favourites for this one. 

Spoiler

E7q5lnR.png

Made it much more difficult than it should have been with a shocker of a first half, but we managed to get there in the end.

Doesn't matter how we did it I suppose, or that I'm the only top flight team that seem to bother with this competition...

ldmNOTt.png

2nDAvHe.png

March 2035/56

8N6KmB8.png

Good month. Crusaders ended up with 9 men, so the fact we needed a last minute goal, and then penalties, was frustrating but got there in the end. Face Larne in the semi final.

Rest of the games went as I'd expected.

d0hgjd5.png

Given ourselves a chance of 3rd - but anything more is out of reach for sure.

Northern Ireland

6z9RfOM.png

Just fucking pish. We had a 94th minute goal disallowed, but that was the only thing we did all game.

52xmaHY.png

Relegated from the nations league, failed to qualify and then lost a playoff to a pretty poor side. My reign has been brilliant.

April 2035/36

oOlZYjW.png

Pumped out the cup, but a good showing in the league. We missed two penalties against Crusaders as well - that was a bizarre game.

ZhBAwN7.png

Third place confirmed, and with it European football for next season. Should help us in attracting players to push on and claim the title.

Apparently its Dungannon's highest ever league finish, so that's nice.

In other news, Dave Watts now has 200 career league goals under my management - he's only managed 4 goals for any other managers....

Transfer Window 2036/37

Rpm3bU1.png

KbzNNlo.png

Some squad fillers leaving, no-one here I'm particularly disappointed to lose. I'm delighted to see Fletcher leave, he was costing far too much and wasn't very good.

Qhod2hk.png

7y6LiOH.png

First up, Joe Carlin - I actually signed him towards the end of last season, but couldn't register him to play. He's here entirely for cover, and is about the same level as the guys who've left but costs a lot less.

Spoiler

7aBGPmM.png

I've been trying to sign Vasiljevic for about a year, and he's finally lowered himself to my level. He looks fairly good defensively, and his set pieces are ridiculous - considering he's a centre back. Long throws in particular should be outstanding.

Spoiler

6x2LlJE.png

Weakest area of my team was left back, so I brought in John Simpson on loan from Dundee United. He looks great - I've also agreed that I can pay 275k at the end to make it permanent, but I'm unlikely to be doing that. He's nothing special, but you really don't have to be in this league.

Spoiler

kBtEHAO.png

Keiran Buchan is here to provide cover up front for Watts and Hassan, and in midfield. Looks decent.

Spoiler

t4zLXR1.png

I also extended the loan deals for Mullan and Hassan until the end of this season, which is good. Means I'll have had Mullan on loan for 4 seasons running....

I think I'm now at the point where my first 11 is  about as good as anyone else in the division, but I've struggled to find players to add depth. I'm worried about injuries and the needlessly busy period over December and January, but if all goes to plan, this year may be the one.

July & August 2036/37

h3VvYVa.png

Busy start with the european run, but a very, very good start to the season. Started brightly by pumping the mob from Gibraltar silly (with Vasiljevic getting 5 assists from centre back...) and then beating both Rapid Vienna and Velje was nonsense. Viktoria Plzen was a step too far unfortunately.

League start has been very solid as well, beating last season's champions 3-0 is hopefully a sign of things to come. We were absolutely fucked against Coleraine, so rested a load of my best players and it didn't work, but to have picked up maximum points in the other games is huge.

AzQOCuZ.png

Early days but it's going very well.

rwjf7Dm.png

One major negative was this...

f3t41xO.png

Necessitated the signing of another striker, so I did - Steven McDougall joins. He can also cover each wing which is helpful, and looks a relatively decent player, so quite happy to have him in.

Spoiler

bHKLbAa.png

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Very promising how poorly Linfield have started.

Definitely, although I'd expect them to pick up at some point - both them and Larne are in the Europa League 2 group stages, so I'm hoping their players get knackered by that.

September 2036/37

qCwR4ei.png

Another good month - brilliant comeback against Cliftonville to start us off, and a huge win against Glentoran and all.

sgTjeMc.png

Going well so far. As expected, Linfield have picked up somewhat.

Shout out to how terrible PSNI are - their best result so far was a 3-1 loss...

October 2036/37

dMD8rsV.png

Still going very well - I'm waiting on the bubble bursting, but no sign of it so far. 

snFh0Fz.png

Shame that I haven't been able to really pull away, but can't be upset with how it's going.

This is still a shame though...

9lieS7n.png

Edited by oneteaminglasgow