Future League Reconstruction

10 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

16-16-16

Pros

The split is even
3 leagues is enough
Promotes the cream of the Lowland League/Highland League
Self preservists in league might go for it as theoretically it will be harder to go “non league”
automatic promotion/relegation in tier 3&4
Non league will move up to Tier 4
EOS/WOS/SOS will feed into Tier 4 & make tiers 5-7 in the LFL 
Can sell it to the NRJFL as Tier 5 football
Make a 3 region feeder into the Highland using NCL/North Juniors & Tayside & Angus Juniors

Then the pyramid is complete, self preservation teams have a buffer and we have a more level playing field.

Sorry, but a 16 Top League is a complete non-starter.

Mr Murdoch wants 4 OF matches guaranteed for his pennies.

That, regretfully, is the starting point for any reconstruction.

50 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Sorry, but a 16 Top League is a complete non-starter.

Mr Murdoch wants 4 OF matches guaranteed for his pennies.

That, regretfully, is the starting point for any reconstruction.

Depends on what the end goal is, is it better football or keeping Satellite happy? 

55 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

So would it be 32 games a season? (Don't think Hearts would like that very much) Or 39 games a season with a split after playing each team twice?

39 was my thinking 

1 hour ago, Ian38018 said:

Yep - the current set -up represents the best we can cobble together given the club demographic we are stuck with.

I could have lived with the mooted 14 (6/8 split)-10-10-10, if only for the novelty value.  But splitting the league after 26 matches is just too early in the season.

I've not heard any explanation of how many games we would have with the two proposals that seem to have been put forward but the Aberdeen chairman is right, this is not the right time to be discussing reconstruction. I don't understand how anyone could vote any proposal through when we have no idea when we will be able to start playing football again and therefore we have no idea how many games we will be able to play.

As it is, there is a very good chance they will need to vote through a re-jigging of the league set-up to reduce the number of games due to the shortened time available. If this is a shambles just now, just imagine they voted through some sort of league reconstruction and then had to meet up again to change it because it had become unworkable. It's too early to be having any sort of discussions when they don't the parameters they are working to.

As someone said above, there's actually nothing wrong with the current set-up.

Unless of course we eventually decide we're fed up with no team other then the Old Firm winning the league and switch to an American-style play-off system.

I've developed some sympathy for the idea of a larger bottom division. The reasoning being that everyone (except the chairmen of League Two clubs who might expect to be affected) wants greater movement between League Two and the Highland/Lowland leagues, but it's stupidly difficult for relegated clubs (or anyone) to gain promotion. If you've got a 16 or 18 team league, you'd have more leeway to relegate three or four clubs every year, with the Highland & Lowland champions coming straight up, and promotion play-offs taking place for the clubs below that. Much easier for clubs to come up, and for current League Two clubs to return.

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

As someone said above, there's actually nothing wrong with the current set-up.

Unless of course we eventually decide we're fed up with no team other then the Old Firm winning the league and switch to an American-style play-off system.

That should be a priority, but I can't imagine the circumstances under which it could possibly happen.

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've not heard any explanation of how many games we would have with the two proposals that seem to have been put forward

It has been kicked to death on here, all the myriad permutations.  10 works, 12 (status quo) works, 14 is messy but sortaworks.

Anything more would have the top clubs cutting their own throats, financially speaking.

11 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Wait till August & half a dozen diddy Fc’s can’t whore their stadiums out to the weeg bigots & will simply die then talk reconstruct then🤙

^^^ Leslie Deans after another bottle of Grants'

14 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Wait till August & half a dozen diddy Fc’s can’t whore their stadiums out to the weeg bigots & will simply die then talk reconstruct then🤙

Sorry - are you suggesting the likes of Ross County, St Mirren and Hamilton will go to the wall because Rangers fans will boycott away games?

18 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

giphy (6).gif

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

How do you get 39 games from your 16 team divisions?

It was a miscalculation on my part. It would of course be 37 games. Or 30 games without a split (not 32).

20 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Will that be when Hearts take on the big bad beast in court m8?

4 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It was a miscalculation on my part. It would of course be 37 games. Or 30 games without a split (not 32).

So....that is 3 OF matches/season?  Two at one ground and one at the other?

Not sure you have quite thought this one through.

21 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Now now. Are you quite sure that that Hearts will be in better financial shape than the "diddy Fc's"?

Hearts are the only team in Scottish fitba' who are definitely on track to get far fewer of those blue and green pounds than they'd ordinarily expect. They still have expensive cant-pay-someone-to-take-him-off-their-hands liabilities like own goal supremo Christophe Berra burning a hole their books, they're scheduled to undergo a change to fan ownership - with the stability issues that involves (like will that secret multi-million donor trust the new consortium enough to hand over his cash to it year on year, and can FOH absorb a sudden financial gutpunch, like, well, what's already happening in 2020, the same way that a single rich backer probably could.)

Anyways, by the time we hit the season start, Hearts won't be giving a flying f**k about reconstruction. It was only ever a self-interested one-off 'please don't relegate us' fix from Anne 'too many teams in the league' Budge. Next year, they'll change their mind again according to circumstances - same as every other team in the league. So it goes.

13 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

So....that is 3 OF matches/season?  Two at one ground and one at the other?

Not sure you have quite thought this one through.

It isn't my idea. If it was, they'd both be punted to the Irish leagues or something.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It isn't my idea. If it was, they'd both be punted to the Irish leagues or something.

We can but dream.  The OF are the crux of the problem. They're simply too big in comparison to their rivals and distort everything accordingly.  League reconstruction will never change that I'm afraid. Anyways, happy holidays! 😎

9 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Well, that is an idea.  Let's send those Scottish clubs with Irish roots back where they came?  Do you think?

5 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Well, that is an idea.  Let's send those Scottish clubs with Irish roots back where they came?  Do you think?

Hibs didn't come from Ireland bud. They were started by Irish immigrants welcomed into Scotland with open arms, while England continued to be an xenophobic hell hole (which it still maintains to this day). I'd advocate sending The Rangers down there. But it's the sort of hell that they would consider heaven. Would much rather send them to Dublin or something instead.