28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

St Johnstone's statement seemed to care more about the broadcasters than the fans through the gates.

What? 

Theres a real possibility theres no "fans through the gates" of any Scottish clubs for 12 months.

The main source of income then becomes the TV deal, for clubs in all divisions.

Doing anything that allows the TV companies, who are losing money themselves, a get out from their contract, seems stupid in the current circumstances. 

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

But the cup games can?

The more time passes the more unlikely the cup is but at least the cup is a stand alone tournament that doesn’t affect league alignments for the following season and could in theory be fitted in whenever.

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

But the cup games can?

If a club was set for a year of Championship football, their budget and the type of players (Unrelated to budget) they'd target would be entirely different than it would be if it were set for a year of Premiership football.

A one off cup game wouldn't have near the same impact.

Just now, ribzanelli said:

The more time passes the more unlikely the cup is but at least the cup is a stand alone tournament that doesn’t affect league alignments for the following season and could in theory be fitted in whenever.

Won't have the same squads available was an argument used to stop the league being finished when its safe to do so, does this apply to cup games too?

24 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

1. A handful of play off games could be played before the start of next season.

2. I believe changes to the Highland/Lowland playoff with bottom Div 2 needs agreement between SPFL and those leagues.

The straws you see are just a mirage.They've all been clutched a long time ago.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

But the cup games can?

The 4 clubs involved in the 19/20 Scottish Cup wont enter the 20/21 Scottish Cup until mid-January. 

Surely you can understand why it's possible to finish the 19/20 Scottish Cup, but not a league season that's due to start in August.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Won't have the same squads available was an argument used to stop the league being finished when its safe to do so, does this apply to cup games too?

Highly unlikely cup will be played is my guess, particularly if Hearts are relegated and assemble a more championship level squad. Point still stands that the cup has less obstacles than the playoffs, for the reason stated. Playing the cup would contribute towards finishing the season on the pitch, perhaps you have thoughts on how that could be achieved?

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What? 

Theres a real possibility theres no "fans through the gates" of any Scottish clubs for 12 months.

The main source of income then becomes the TV deal, for clubs in all divisions.

Doing anything that allows the TV companies, who are losing money themselves, a get out from their contract, seems stupid in the current circumstances. 

Clubs can't survive without having both,you take away one and the clubs go tits up.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Clubs can't survive without having both,you take away one and the clubs go tits up.

Which is exactly what St Johnstone have said.

23 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Least my comment didn't have you rattled. FS.

Interesting take on it.

I was just trying to be helpful to you, pointing out that if I followed a club that had fucked up everything it touched in the past 30 years I'd maybe pipe down a wee bit.  A bit of friendly Tayside derby banter.