9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

St Johnstone's is probably the best we've seen throughout the whole situation.

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

We were concerned that there was a potential risk to the broadcast deal which is the only realistic source of income for all 42 clubs for the foreseeable future

This is the only bit I've got a problem with, season tickets not going well?
Something has to give, what is more important to clubs?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"scintilla" :lol:

Did they use "farrago" in their last statement? Or was that someone else?

Sounds like a spaghetti western anti hero.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"scintilla" :lol:

Did they use "farrago" in their last statement? Or was that someone else?

If I was doing them there would be plenty of that. A few Status Quos and Dire Straits etc. But my coup de grace would be...

"All manner of doo-hickey."

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For most of us diddy teams season tickets won't be going that well as clubs will be holding off selling them as they don't know what they're actually selling. How can you sell a season ticket for the Championship (as an example)?

You 'buy' 18 home games...but what if 8 or 9 of these are behind closed doors, what do you give back to the fans - no agreement on streaming games etc. Until clubs know when things will start they can't start planning for selling 'season' tickets. I'd imagine most will need to ask fans to cough up with no expected return but as some fans don't know what's even happening with their jobs how could they afford to pay hundreds of pounds out at this time?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

This shit again.

No, a handful of playoff games could not be played before the start of next season.

How would these play off spots be allocated? On current positions?

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Willy, what are you going on about now?

We're months away from any fan in Scotland being given access to the stadium.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Scottish football's reputation isn't 'down the shitter' because literally nobody outside of the domestic media circus gives a toss about who said what to whom. The rest of Europe are busy getting embroiled in very similar debates over 'sporting integrity' and self interest: Scotland has simply wrapped up most of the campaign instead of kicking the can down the road.

Scottish football continued and indeed flourished in 2012 after the death of Rangers and the psycho 'sink us and we'll sink you' agenda adopted by its tragic tribute act. The idea that it can't possibly cope with a bit of mud-slinging in the media now is utter nonsense. 

It's more than just the media though. Club statements have been released publicly slating other clubs and club officials. Some with little or no foundation.  Clubs have been asked to form  a liason group to try and work out ideas for new set ups  . These clubs couldn't form any sort of agreement and folded in a matter of weeks.  Clubs were asked to vote on ending the season and even then couldn't just put a tick in a box without forming cliques to try and sort out their own wee agendas ( and even fucked that up) . The SPFL , granted , gave the clubs little time to mull things over , but maybe that was a blessing as who knows what some clubs would have concocted with a little more time.  Basically it is a rotten system governed by the SPFL and SFA but run by a nest of vipers. 

Sorry but it's this kind of shite which has driven a lot of people and serious sponsors away from Scottish football .  Maybe you don't give a shit how nasty things get  but personally I was brought up in a culture of respect . To gain respect you have to earn it.  These fuckers only have respect for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How would these play off spots be allocated? On current positions?

Indeed, just another of the many, many issues that mean it is not possible.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Will it be a Protestant or a Catholic QC? No, will they be a tcheucter? I'm not having one of the posh Edinburgh ones. Well I'm not having a weegie!"

Get a posh Edinburgh one. The final report will say "Scottish football is pish and rugby is better".

8 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

For most of us diddy teams season tickets won't be going that well as clubs will be holding off selling them as they don't know what they're actually selling. How can you sell a season ticket for the Championship (as an example)?

You 'buy' 18 home games...but what if 8 or 9 of these are behind closed doors, what do you give back to the fans - no agreement on streaming games etc. Until clubs know when things will start they can't start planning for selling 'season' tickets. I'd imagine most will need to ask fans to cough up with no expected return but as some fans don't know what's even happening with their jobs how could they afford to pay hundreds of pounds out at this time?

For me this is the main issue,Sky can't have exclusive rights over our game when season ticket holders can't get to see their club.
If the game up here starts behind closed doors we have the right to see it,which means through club tv not just Sky.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

For me this is the main issue,Sky can't have exclusive rights over our game when season ticket holders can't get to see their club.
If the game up here starts behind closed doors we have the right to see it,which means through club tv not just Sky.

Wrong.