4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Once this is all over, the SPFL really should be looked at from top to bottom, starting with their rule book. Darryl Broadfoot nailed it really on Sportsound the other night, the governance structure was put in place by the clubs and the clubs need to change it to future proof the league against another situation like this.

I get that there are wider general governance points to be looked at, but you'd imagine every league in Europe will be creating rules that explicitly state what happens when a season is unable to completed as soon as this is over.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The league. The decision has 'effectively been taken', the matter is settled, the board just need to call the league season.

If you think I had any partisan interest in that vote yesterday because Aberdeen supported it then you are wrong. 

We haven't won the league, it hasn't been called yet. We would prefer if it were finished on the pitch.

I never said you had any partisan interest, I doubt you have little impact on how Aberdeen vote or operate at boardroom level.

Edited by Romeo

Just now, Romeo said:

We haven't won the league, it hasn't been called yet. We would prefer if were finished on the pitch.

I never said you had any partisan interest, I doubt you have little impact on how Aberdeen vote or operate at boardroom level.

Are you struggling with the word effectively?

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I get that there are wider general governance points to be looked at, but you'd imagine every league in Europe will be creating rules that explicitly state what happens when a season is unable to completed as soon as this is over.

Yes they will.  In Scotland I would expect these rules to largely reflect what has happened, with the caveat that if less than x% games have been played at the point the league stops then the season will be voided instead.

Any such rules will need to be agreed with the media companies who have transmission rights.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Are you struggling with the word effectively?

Not at all, you said we'd won the league.

This is not the case. Would you disagree with that?

Edited by Romeo

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Agreed, and my criticism isn't that we were specifically ill prepared for this situation. But more that the governance is structured in such a way that we go absolutely nowhere when unforeseen situations do happen.

My point was more that before you get to individuals on the board that people don't like, the entire way the clubs instruct the board to run the game is flawed.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not at all, you said we'd won the league.

This is not the case. Would you disagree with that?

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The decision has effectively been taken. Celtic have won, Hearts are down. 

Please don't drag me into your nonsense. I never said Celtic were officially champions.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic have won

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

What have Celtic won

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The league.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I never said Celtic were officially champions.

Alright mate, no bother.

Edited by Romeo

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be a dick.

He said "effectively".  There was no ambiguity about his meaning.

There was plenty of ambiguity in hos entire post.

Not surprised to see Aberdeen and their fans start to distance themselves from yesterday's vote.

Yesterday's vote was about an inquiry, not about Celtic winning the league.

Edited by Romeo

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not surprised to see Aberdeen and their fans start to distance themselves from yesterday's vote.

Romeo, your life must be truly dull. I've nothing but sympathy for you.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Romeo, your life must be truly dull. I've nothing but sympathy for you.

What so you think yesterday's vote was about. Celtic "effectively" winning the league or an enquiry into the SPFL?

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

What so you think yesterday's vote was about. Celtic "effectively" winning the league or an enquiry into the SPFL?

If any enquiry in to the SPFL was granted then what would Rangers have pushed for next? 

Rangers lost yet we can all see your inevitable meltdown coming from a mile off.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"Accept and understand implications of" = "distance" 

A fair number of us weren't behind the club's position on this. Along with most normal fanbases we don't feel the need to go all in with the club's party line on all issues on a tribalistic "us v them" basis. 

I do understand your position here, you made a c**t of reading so you're lashing out as a means of deflection. Sad really. 

He implied yesterday's vote meant that Celtic had effectively won the league.

Yesterday's vote was nothing to do with that.

It's great that you guys are pointlessly sticking up for a fellow supporter but I'm not sure what you are struggling with here

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"Accept and understand implications of" = "distance" 

A fair number of us weren't behind the club's position on this. Along with most normal fanbases we don't feel the need to go all in with the club's party line on all issues on a tribalistic "us v them" basis. 

I do understand your position here, you made a c**t of reading so you're lashing out as a means of deflection. Sad really. 

The club have been very open on every matter since the outbreak caused the football to stop. Whether I'm in agreement or not I'm ok with them doing what they feel is right.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

He implied yesterday's vote meant that Celtic had effectively won the league.

Yesterday's vote was nothing to do with that.

You don't think Rangers' motion and stopping Celtic's 9IAR were connected?

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You don't think Rangers' motion and stopping Celtic's 9IAR were connected?

Why would Aberdeen get involved in a vote that was a sly way of stopping 9iar?

Unless they knew that and decided to go ahead with it?