The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah that's uhm just a bit of a shite song. 

No really the end of the world though is it. 

It's a bit of disgrace singing that sort of thing about a players' family member. A person that has done nothing to deserve being in the public eye yet if she goes to take her kids to see her brother play, that's what they get exposed to.

4 hours ago, Twinkle said:

You realise that its actually Charlie thats brought this song etc to the attention of everyone. I guarantee you that about 99% of scottish football fans didnt even know this even existed. The fact that hes made it clear it affects him, he has shot himself in the foot imo. He will now be singled out from opposition fans

I’ll guarantee you a lot more than 99% know that this song exists, what portion of Scottish football fans do Celtic and Rangers make up, 50% - 60%? Surely Celtic fans singing it has  something to do with bringing it to people’s attention as well. 

The pare lassie has nothing to do whatsoever with the game and to be singled out by opposing fans is pretty shocking but hey-ho it’s not about the colour of someone’s skin so crack on 🤦🏻‍♂️ Like I said she’s obviously been through a torrid time the last 6-7 years with the passing of her parents and now her kids are going to games hearing their mum get abuse, I’m sure she’s loving that aye. 

I’ll guarantee you a lot more than 99% know that this song exists, what portion of Scottish football fans do Celtic and Rangers make up, 50% - 60%? Surely Celtic fans singing it has  something to do with bringing it to people’s attention as well. 

The pare lassie has nothing to do whatsoever with the game and to be singled out by opposing fans is pretty shocking but hey-ho it’s not about the colour of someone’s skin so crack on [emoji2359] Like I said she’s obviously been through a torrid time the last 6-7 years with the passing of her parents and now her kids are going to games hearing their mum get abuse, I’m sure she’s loving that aye. 
Agreed. I think there is a line, and singing about family members certainly crosses it.

Shouting and swearing and singing abusive songs in front of wee lads and lasses is deplorable behaviour and yet if you dare to say anything about it to those responsible you're the one who is in the wrong.  I think alcohol consumption before games has a lot to do with it.  Drinks in wits oot so to speak.  The same folk would be up in arms if it was directed at their own family members.

I don't have a clue what the song is or is about and have no interest in singing about some girl thats got nothing to do with anything tbqhwy. Anyone that does really should have a look at themselves and ask if they are a grown up.

As long as we can still shout wildly stupid and childish things at the baldy blue nosed gadgie c**t himself then I (and most sane Arabs) will be happy enough.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

The pare lassie has nothing to do whatsoever with the game and to be singled out by opposing fans is pretty shocking but hey-ho it’s not about the colour of someone’s skin so crack on 🤦🏻‍♂️ Like I said she’s obviously been through a torrid time the last 6-7 years with the passing of her parents and now her kids are going to games hearing their mum get abuse, I’m sure she’s loving that aye. 

A lot more than 99%? I hope that's a typo.

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What do you expect? There's no class from these people, from the racist abuse hurled at Kane Hemmings, to the having a little sing song about Goodwillie the beast. 

Let's not forget the time they were racially abusing their own player in 'Jimmy' Gomis. 

5 hours ago, ArabFC said:

That said, I will never refrain from calling Willie Miller a sheep molester 

Howling at this. Just the way it's been worded. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Paul McGowan assaulting public servants is fine.

Have you had a look at what pc Plod is up to these days?

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Let's not forget the time they were racially abusing their own player in 'Jimmy' Gomis. 

Never ending bile. IMO.

5 minutes ago, Damaged Radio said:

Weird that the Dundee fans have forgotten about the shameful racists in their support. For example the scumbag who was done for making monkey gestures and screaming vile racist abuse at Balde. 

When was this? Genuinely the 1st I’ve ever heard of this.