The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I take a different view on Graham. He's a bit older, a bit less flash than some of the other young players. To me he looks second tier (with all due respect to the lad). One of those guys who you would hope to develop to be a good Premiership player for United rather than one to sell on. Obviously if he hits the heights and attracts substantial offers then great for the finances of the club but not every good young player will go on to be a big namw or attract a lot of hype; there will be guys who are just good players for United and I think the long term success of the team (as opposed to the success of the balance sheet) will depend on those guys. 

I mean all of that as a positive, btw. I want to see some young guys develop over 5, 10 years at  the club and not just f**k off for a good fee after 18 months. 

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I take a different view on Graham. He's a bit older, a bit less flash than some of the other young players. To me he looks second tier (with all due respect to the lad). One of those guys who you would hope to develop to be a good Premiership player for United rather than one to sell on. Obviously if he hits the heights and attracts substantial offers then great for the finances of the club but not every good young player will go on to be a big namw or attract a lot of hype; there will be guys who are just good players for United and I think the long term success of the team (as opposed to the success of the balance sheet) will depend on those guys. 

I mean all of that as a positive, btw. I want to see some young guys develop over 5, 10 years at  the club and not just f**k off for a good fee after 18 months. 

Yeah think I agree with what you’re saying.  Kind of like a Hanlon or Stevenson at Hibs, who came through and played regularly for years at a decent standard but were never really likely to move on to a higher level.  Solid, dependable but not at all flashy.

Watt is shaping up to be the kind of forward we’ve been missing for years, physical, confident, good technically and makes things happen as well being as a total wind up merchant. What he did last night got under the skin of the Motherwell players and fans and got our fans going, exactly the kind of player you love when they’re in your team and probably not seen at United since Ciftci (although Watt seems to have much more application). Very pleasantly surprising for me, as my perception of him before he came was that he was lazy and profligate (not sure where I even got that from tbh) early days but if he keeps up what he’s doing now he will be the best bit of business we’ve done for years. 

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Attendance 4500?

I’m not saying it was a massive crowd but it was more than that surely 

money laundering DUSC 

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Less tax to pay on a smaller crowd. 

Dumb f***s giving our city a bad name!

AFC fan here and I come in peace ☮️😁

Anyway - AFC haven't had a penalty at Ibrox in 27 years against either NEW or OLD rangers clubs.😂😂

A Hibs poster reckons they've had 2 there since 1995. 😂

Anyway I've left a post with the jambos to see what their record is.

When was last time Dundee Utd had a penalty at Ibrox?

How many penalties have Dundee Utd had against EITHER of the govan clubs since 1995?

thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

AFC fan here and I come in peace ☮️😁

Anyway - AFC haven't had a penalty at Ibrox in 27 years against either NEW or OLD rangers clubs.😂😂

A Hibs poster reckons they've had 2 there since 1995. 😂

Anyway I've left a post with the jambos to see what their record is.

When was last time Dundee Utd had a penalty at Ibrox?

How many penalties have Dundee Utd had against EITHER of the govan clubs since 1995?

thanks for any help.

Without doing any research or giving it much thought I’m going to say none

I cant remember the last time we had a penalty at Ibrox or Parkhead.  Im convinced Paddy Connolly scored one in the early 90s but that might be a complete fabrication.

Given how often we venture into the opposition box at Parkhead, its not an entirely surprising statistic.

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

I cant remember the last time we had a penalty at Ibrox or Parkhead.  Im convinced Paddy Connolly scored one in the early 90s but that might be a complete fabrication.

Given how often we venture into the opposition box at Parkhead, its not an entirely surprising statistic.

Andrew Waddell gave United a penalty at Celtic Park in the Scottish Cup quarter Final in season 1995/96 I remember.

Was initially saved but the rebound scored to put United 1-0 up.

Celtic scored on 89 and 90 to win 2-1 😭😭😭

Think we're at 5 penalties in 27 years and 3 penalties in 25 years (nice round number) between d.utd, hibs, hearts and AFC .

The games clearly rigged.

Thanks for replying.

Let that sink in. 25 years and 3 penalties between the 4 biggest clubs outside Glasgow. 

I won't ask anyone to try and add up all the penalties they've both had in 25 years. 

47 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Denied a stonewaller at Celtic earlier this season when Clark was bundled from behind

Daly missed one at Parkhead around 2012-2013 if I recall correctly. Genuinely can't remember the last penalty we had at Ibrox, although we've had no shortage of good claims. The Mike McCurry game particularly springs to mind.

Tbf, it's not just an Ibrox or Parkhead issue. We don't/didn't get penalties against Celtic or Rangers at Hampden either.