The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

First time hearing this. 

That's because the long time rumour was only actually only started today by a certain Mr Alli who seems to hear a lot more united related rumours than any of the united fans on this forum.

Seems a few Dundee United fans have quite short memories. It was discussed on here that there was (apparently) a massive dressing room argument between players and management early doors. One which seen Courts take a back seat to Mulgrew.

Good luck with Mr Ross.

Shite football and losing big games regularly will definitely be on your radar.

In terms of positives, he seemed to be really quite well liked by the players and still seems to be, obviously we did manage 3rd but it was the most miserable season in history of a team to finish 3rd, boring football, not in stadiums and losing 3 times at Hampden, obviously one of those wasn’t Ross’ fault, as much as I’d like to blame him for the pandemic.

Mid table but bored to tears inbound for you I reckon.

Bored to tears? We're not used to that!

Anyway, maybe Ross is on our radar because he kept signing players for Hibs that we were linked to?

So, wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Gogic and Wright incoming.

3 hours ago, skinny arab said:

That's because the long time rumour was only actually only started today by a certain Mr Alli who seems to hear a lot more united related rumours than any of the united fans on this forum.

Of course he does, he's from Dundee unlike the rest of you c***s.

11 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I can't imagine the wages on offer at a team that finished 2 points clear of relegation in Europe's 27th ranked league are all that.

Tony must be a right c**t to work for!

May be wrong, but the company which owns Honved appears to make their money in the financial markets of Central America. They also are a club which turns a profit season on season: perhaps Mark Ogren should try to find out how they manage that.

Honved apparently drew an average crowd of 2900 last season, although they do have a nice new 8200-capacity stadium. 

It's kind of like what St Mirren Park could have been with a bit of creativity. And another 30 million quid.

Honvéd Budapest new stadium

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I wonder if anyone has explained to Honved that the only reason that United finished fourth and qualified for Europe was that they were slightly less shite than six other teams in the league. 

Who cares, hes not our problem anymore!

SimpleNimbleGreatdane-size_restricted.gif.183fb3ace1d850d37b41b0271bb5f06c.gif

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I wonder if anyone has explained to Honved that the only reason that United finished fourth and qualified for Europe was that they were slightly less shite than six other teams in the league. 

A7B50FE1-7CBF-48A3-AB94-DA6BF94B5002.gif.008bbba3e6a28f277917c5256c79c7b3.gif