The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Heard Liam Smith has been told to pack his bags as he's played his last game for the club.

Probably nonsense or a fever dream I had last night 😅

I'd been told he signed a PCA with St Johnstone. There's rumours Cammy Kerr has as well. 

Smith is not a bad player to have in the Championship - where it looks like we both may be next season.

12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'd been told he signed a PCA with St Johnstone. There's rumours Cammy Kerr has as well. 

Smith is not a bad player to have in the Championship - where it looks like we both may be next season.

He's dugshite. I'd rather have the semi regular brain farts but effort for the badge from Freeman than Smith any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

no-no-no-icegif.gif.3ac412b0620416627bc57358ba405786.gif

no-no-no-icegif.gif.3ac412b0620416627bc57358ba405786.gif

7 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

It’s took Goodwin 2 training sessions to bomb Smith out the 11. 

He's shite. Always has been. Was bang average in the league below.

Would rather we had Freeman and have more in an attacking sense.

While Smith's nowhere near as bad as some of our fans like to make out, his form for at least a few weeks now has been god awful. He's been long over due a spell on the bench but Fox seemed determined to rearrange our defence any which way solely to ensure Smith was involved.

Smith was a good player for us in our Championship winning side, apart from one game against Brechin where he was so bad he looked like he'd never seen a football before.

Most of our fans thought he had good potential and wanted to sign him permanently, but it looks like he's not developed as well as we thought he would.

This is what happens when you don't address

1. Shite recruitment of goalkeepers. See 1994/95 (Jorgensen and OHanlon) and 2016 (Zwick, Szromnik and Kawashima) along side this year. Guess what happened at the end of those seasons and look where were heading now. Letting one go on loan leaving an utter fucking rookie with popadom hands and a young lad that's hardly played a game.

2. Absolute refusal from the morons in the recruitment team to replace any defensive midfielder that's left over the past nearly 2 years, particularly Fuchs and Butcher.

3. Absolute joke decision to let two strikers leave and replace with...well...nobody really. Leaving us with an aging striker that can't score, a lad were flogging asap and some other young guys that aren't near ready

4. A soft as shite midfield that is so bad we can't wait for Ian Harkes to get back from injury.

5. Two Centre half's that are not only slower than a week in jail but have absolutely no ability to defend, tackle, clear the ball or run without falling over either themselves or somebody else anymore.

The club should be taking Fat Tonys Revolution Sports cartel to court. I've never seen such a bunch of useless fucking charlatans in my life and I'm including Jackie McNafortune and Co in that.

22 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This is what happens when you don't address

1. Shite recruitment of goalkeepers. See 1994/95 (Jorgensen and OHanlon) and 2016 (Zwick, Szromnik and Kawashima) along side this year. Guess what happened at the end of those seasons and look where were heading now. Letting one go on loan leaving an utter fucking rookie with popadom hands and a young lad that's hardly played a game.

2. Absolute refusal from the morons in the recruitment team to replace any defensive midfielder that's left over the past nearly 2 years, particularly Fuchs and Butcher.

3. Absolute joke decision to let two strikers leave and replace with...well...nobody really. Leaving us with an aging striker that can't score, a lad were flogging asap and some other young guys that aren't near ready

4. A soft as shite midfield that is so bad we can't wait for Ian Harkes to get back from injury.

5. Two Centre half's that are not only slower than a week in jail but have absolutely no ability to defend, tackle, clear the ball or run without falling over either themselves or somebody else anymore.

The club should be taking Fat Tonys Revolution Sports cartel to court. I've never seen such a bunch of useless fucking charlatans in my life and I'm including Jackie McNafortune and Co in that.

On 10/07/2022 at 18:05, Tannadeechee said:

For me top 6. Bottom 6 would be a failure.

My big concern is if a bid comes in for Edwards would we be able to bring in a comparable CH in time.

On 10/07/2022 at 18:32, mishtergrolsch said:

Someone will have to pay big money to get Edwards imo. And with Mulgrew and Graham id think we'd be OK in the short term.

Something must have gone far wrong this season with Edwards as he was very highly respected at the start of the season by the fans, was he not?*.  I’ve included these two quotes to show just how highly he appeared to be regarded.  Why has he apparently regressed so much?  The same could easily be said for Mulgrew.

*The difference in his performances and the praise Edwards was receiving pre-season has me thinking it was a different player you were talking about and I’ve got the wrong end of the stick.  Apologies if I have.

Edited by Shadow Play

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Something must have gone far wrong this season with Edwards as he was very highly respected at the start of the season by the fans, was he not?*.  I’ve included these two quotes to show just how highly he appeared to be regarded.  Why has he apparently regressed so much?  The same could easily be said for Mulgrew.

*The difference in his performances and the praise Edwards was receiving pre-season has me thinking it was a different player you were talking about and I’ve got the wrong end of the stick.  Apologies if I have.

mortal kombat 90s GIF

13 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Rumours are of Edwards signing a pre contract with Hearts, but I find that difficult to believe. He looks like he's a bit deficient in the comprehension department, and maybe in this case looks aren't deceptive.

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Rumours are of Edwards signing a pre contract with Hearts, but I find that difficult to believe. He looks like he's a bit deficient in the comprehension department, and maybe in this case looks aren't deceptive.

Nah he's actually a sharp laddy. He's a school friend of a mate.

f**k knows what's went wrong with him this season.

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Kelty Hearts maybe.

Not sure what's happened to him but he's way off it this season. If I was an opposition manager I'd be targeting him, although targeting the defence in general you can't miss tbf.