The Dundee United Thread 22/23

40 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Show me where I said he had a 100m to invest please its a while back and I can't be certain I actually said that. 

Sorry, you never said he would invest that. You said he was worth in the region of $200m and you were told that from a person inside the club. 

Putting aside the irony of the Funsters commenting upon our financial situation, I believe the club’s financial situation is a cause for concern.  More so that things will have only got worse in the last 12 months.

I never understood why Ogren got involved, I don’t understand why he has sunk so much money in and I reckon there will be a point where he calls it a day.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry, you never said he would invest that. You said he was worth in the region of $200m and you were told that from a person inside the club. 

Again I'm not sure I said that, you'll be able to quote it surely. I'm absolutely useless with the search function on this site and can never drag old posts up much less be clear on something I may have said a couple years ago. 

On 24/06/2020 at 18:57, ArabFC said:

I was under the impression the Ogrens wealth was only on the scale of circa £10m or so.

On 24/06/2020 at 19:07, ArabianKnight said:

Maybe in terms of liquid cash but he owns a lot of stuff so his capital value is at least 20x that. 

On 24/06/2020 at 18:58, ArabianKnight said:

The sale of the oil company and its retail stores was $200 million plus. Ogren had several lucrative contracts and a whole load of smaller ones for supply deals etc. 

There was over 10 retail shops sold to a different company from the one that bought the oil supply but dunno if that's including in the figure. 

Obviously he's got other investments too, I'm sure he still owns a big mall in Florida? 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tam Courts looks like he’s no stranger to Lynn’s the Barbers.

In a not unrelated tale, I once got a side-boob-brush from Lynn circa 1992.

Of my top 5 adolescent sexual encounters three were side boob and neck boob encounters with Lynn.

Probably all still in top 10 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tam Courts looks like he’s no stranger to Lynn’s the Barbers.

In a not unrelated tale, I once got a side-boob-brush from Lynn circa 1992.

Happier times, you had hair, and we had Simon Stainrod up front.

Thank you.

Courts Courts Colts if he tries to shag a youth player. 

That’s just about the only way you can go down from this position.

Although I have to say you are taking all of this quite well, must be still in the denial phase.

Interesting quote from the interview with Ashgar

"When asked if Courts is the cheap option, the United chief added: “If you see his contract you wouldn’t say that!

“We’ve been very lucky he has been in the building.

“That cheap option tag is unfair on him. He certainly isn’t that. I hope he is eventually somebody we are trying to hold on to."

I do hope you've decided to not only hire an inexperienced manager and then pay him a hefty wedge of cash in the process too...

19 minutes ago, locheedee said:

"When asked if Courts is the cheap option, the United chief added: “If you see his contract you wouldn’t say that!

“We’ve been very lucky he has been in the building.

“That cheap option tag is unfair on him. He certainly isn’t that. I hope he is eventually somebody we are trying to hold on to."

I do hope you've decided to not only hire an inexperienced manager and then pay him a hefty wedge of cash in the process too...

Words mean nothing.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently the first player signed in your revolutionary new youth focused set up is 35yo Charlie Mulgrew.

Thats to partner 34 year old Mark Reynolds to bring through our 29 year old wonderkid Mark Connolly after he recovers from his injury. 

8 hours ago, locheedee said:

And if you believe that you’ll believe that we conducted an exhaustive recruitment drive and comprehensive set of interviews of outstanding candidates rather than just playing eeny meeny miny moe with the youth coaches. 

29 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

And if you believe that you’ll believe that we conducted an exhaustive recruitment drive and comprehensive set of interviews of outstanding candidates rather than just playing eeny meeny miny moe with the youth coaches. 

Its actually quite a daft comment to make imo. Opens the door for more moany c***s like me to bang on about a now overpaid, underqualified rookie Head Coach thats in the Sporting Directors pocket etc etc.

And I most certainly will if it begins to go tits up rapidly. Which im expecting, not wanting, to happen.

22 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

1979460154_Screenshot_20210611-101331_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ff22c99fa143ed32cee1a54ffb5ceb8d.jpg

Might apply to organise the wrap up perty.

Nothing to see here Johnny. Some guys on this thread think Ogden’s pumped £7.5m of losses into the club in 2019/20 and not loans despite what the registered accounts tell us and that he’s not bothered about that cash 😂😂😂