The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Play better without shankland ? 

I think we play better with just one striker, rather than didn't miss Shankland.

"One up front" has long had Utd fans in uproar, but if played right (ie plenty width and support in attack from midfield) a striker on his own shouldn't be a formation to trigger groans from the Utd support.

Courts did get it right today. We obviously knew they’d have most of the ball so a scrap like that was needed. 

particularly when they are bringing on boys like Itten & Defoe 

happy for the manager, he needed that. Let’s hope he can get the few in he needs so results like that happen more often than not this season 

35 minutes ago, Steven W said:

No failures at all in the Utd team, but particularly high marks to Mulgrew and Edwards. And especially Jamie Robson, who for me was MOTM. Possibly his best performance in a Utd shirt in his last appearance.

Robson has played better than today many times - he was our best player at the start of last season.

In fact he gave the ball away needlessly a few times in the first half.

But often many fans don't know a good thing until its gone.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ 100% this.

The only reason we won today was Courts and the players reacting to our my criticism on here.

The criticism on here did a fair bit but I claim most of the credit for following Tam around Curry's booing incessantly and calling him a used car salesman looking c**t while he was buying a new laptop.

Seems to have done the trick.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The criticism on here did a fair bit but I claim most of the credit for following Tam around Curry's booing incessantly and calling him a used car salesman looking c**t while he was buying a new laptop.

Seems to have done the trick.

We should all boo the team onto the pitch next time out and launch our scarves and season tickets on for good measure.

12 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Robson has played better than today many times - he was our best player at the start of last season.

In fact he gave the ball away needlessly a few times in the first half.

But often many fans don't know a good thing until its gone.

I agree with your last sentence entirely. 

And whilst not looking to split hairs, in my opinion Robson was even better today than in the early part of last season. He was exceptional today

Loved that today. Was looking forward to it massively even though I fully expected a scudding. Just to be back in the stadium was great but it turned out so much better than I could have imagined.

Wife's on nightshift so I'll be cracking open a few beers and watching the whole game again tonight once I get the wee one to bed. Great performance particularly from some guys who have been much maligned. Pawlett and Robson both excellent. Likewise Butcher and Fuchs. The two centre halves won virtually everything that was put into the box. Absolutely delighted. 

Great for Courts. I've had serious reservations but if he can get the team to play like that every week then no-one will care where he came from or how much shite he talks. You never know, he might even relax and stop treating every media appearance like a job interview.

Big thing for me today is Mulgrew looks like a proper captain. Not a captain because he is a bit older than his colleagues and plays CH but organising everyone around and in front of him.

I don't think we have had someone like that since Webster.

Only criticism is he shouldn't be putting balls into the box from halfway, he should be in the box as we have precious little height in there. 

Night and day last week from this , closing down players and moving the ball forward at pace when the opportunity arose. Delighted for all the players and management team.

Strange aspect from today: Tam Courts came back out during the interval for quite a period before the teams appeared, and sat in the dugout for a while. Quite unusual.

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Night and day last week from this , closing down players and moving the ball forward at pace when the opportunity arose. Delighted for all the players and management team.

Strange aspect from today: Tam Courts came back out during the interval for quite a period before the teams appeared, and sat in the dugout for a while. Quite unusual.

Charlie probably asked him to leave whilst he did the team talk